Dual LSaber VS Double-bladed LSaber ?

First, i am sorry if this topic's already discussed.

I'd like to give some suggestion for KOTOR3, therefore i need to collect some information first, so i really appreciate any information about this :)

(There's a LOT of suggestion posted, i dont even sure if someone will even read mine) :thumbsup:

What is the benefit of using Double-bladed LSaber compared to using 2 LSabers at once, considering how many cristals, emiters, lens, & power cell planted on those LSabers? Let's not to mention it's 'price' :ph34r:

(both type affected by dual-weapon feat, arent they ?)

That all for now. I'm hoping your opinions.

Well, if you have a really powerfull crystal then when you add it to your double blade, both of your "hands" make a lot of damage instead of one of them...

Sorry not really a boss in that area :D

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dual lightsabres are THE BEST!!!! (w00t) :thumbsup:

The good old single lightsaber is close second. Why haven't you included it? :)

The doublbladed(staff) lightsaber in not bad but is nothing compared to the others.

Only novice players and hardcore Darth Maul fans can use this always without seeing the POWER of the other styles. Well, as you said it does depend on the crystals, and in this way the dual wielding is superior.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Thanks for the replies. :wub: Looks like there's many Single LSaber fans (ala samurai?)

Roughly i know if

Single LSaber have best cance to hit

Dual LSabers have maximum total items to be put on

Double-bladed have best damage

Personaly, i like em all, but i'd like to know which is the most effective (defense/damage dealing) with all it's feats and upgrade items ? :x

Double bladed all the way! I don't care about your rhetoric (c'mon, flashy gay boys? Could we get more childish?). Double bladed is the most difficult to use, too. I am no novice player (but yes, a huge Darth Maul fan) However, I have a thing for the bo. In Ninja Gaidan Black, pretty much all I'm using is the bo. (Although the flails are still bloody awesome!) And any other game where bos are available, I'm on them like white on rice n_n (it's five am, I can't think of any others off the top of my head).

Whatever sabre you use is dependant on your style. I happen to like doublebladed sabres, even though you can't use as many crystals. They're elegant, and just give me a tingling up my spine . . . I lurve them so . . .

They all have their pros and cons ... like most good choices in a role-playing game ...

Double Lightsaber

PRO: can do more damage (especially with the <name> crystal and a good damage-based crystal), extra attack

CON: have a penalty "to hit", score critical hits less often, and may limit the effectiveness of some ability-based upgrade crystals (2 crystals that affect DEX, for example, don't "stack")

Single Lightsaber - Usually my choice for early game (I always build a single-hilt lightsaber)

PRO: classic look, standard stats

CON: may limit the effectiveness of some ability-based upgrade crystals

Dual Wield (Regular, Short) - Usually my choice for the middle of the game

PRO: Most upgrade flexibility, extra attack

CON: Less average damage, penalty "to hit"

Dual Wield (2x Regular) - Usually my choice for the end of the game

PRO: Most upgrade flexibility, extra attack

CON: Worst penalty "to hit" (but at higher levels, this just isn't as significant)

I think the dual wield option is the most powerful, as it gives you the best upgrade options (right-hand saber with the <name> crystal and a good bonus crystal and left had saber with two more ability-plussing crystals is usually the path I take).

I think the single wield option is the most elegant, most accurately depicts the norm for Jedis, and is a great option for non-WeaponMaster / Marauder Jedi (it was a HUGE dissappointment to me to find out that WM offered bonus feats for dual-wield and not duelling).

I personally don't like double sabers - the penalty "to hit" (compared to a single-hilt) and limited upgrade potential (compared to dual-wield) is not IMO overcome by the slightly greater damage.

For once we see a more elaborate post than "Double-bladed saber rulez" in one of these threads. I always prefer going single, since it simply provides the best "feel" for the universe you're in. The game is easy enough with any weapon you choose and for me it isn't so Star Warsy walking around with dual sabers.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Well, the good old singe lightsabre is THE BEST. The only thing thet is better is to fight with TWO of them o:);)

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Dual lightsabers :) Silver and cyan, just wonderful :rolleyes:

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It depends...

Since two light sabres give the max number of places to put upgrads ... a two light sabre jedi would have the maximum opportunity to make use of charactaristic enhancing add on's to light sabres . Damage add ons , of course , are wasted since they only affect the weapon and not both weapons.

One can imagine the destructiveness of a Jedi Consular with maxed out wisdom duel weidling two light sabres that each also boost his wisdom as much as possible. Such a "duel weilder" would rarely actually fight with the sabres though .. since he'd be tossing force lightning like there's no tommorow. Even if he went light side, a high wisdom means his force points regenerate so fast that the penalty for using a dark side power like that would be almost meaningless.

Duel sabers. You can modify two different lightsabers and I can have green and purple as my color choices.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 2 years later...

Well, let's see the advantages in all their glory.

Single Lightsaber:

Dueling gives defense. That's why it's dueling! It's excellent for 1v1 (using battle modes or something... I don't know much about it because I don't know how to use battle modes; apparently it can negate much of the negative effects). Also, the defense is good for taking on tons of mobs at once. Good for the [rant]"based-off-of-movie-and-book-because-in-the-book-ONLY-DARTH-MAUL-ever-uses-something-other-than-a-single-lightsaber-in-the-books."[/rant] This would be my choice, if it didn't take so long to get.

Double Bladed:

It's cheap. VERY VERY CHEAP!!! for the good damage output. Also, it can easily kill, and with the speed boost buff (universal power) it gives not two, but four extra attacks. It's also excellent with Flurry and its upgrades. Also good for Darth Maul fans... (though he gets owned by Obi-Wan, who should be a dueling Consular). I don't think this is good for mobs of enemies.

Dual Wield:

VERY VERY EXPENSIVE!!! for AMAZING damage output. It easily kills, does the best damage, works well with the speed buff, works well with Flurry. However, I find I lose health A LOT more easily with this than with other weapons... and that the feats for these will never be completely maxed out. Good for Anakin vs. Dooku fans... (thought Anakin gets owned by Dooku, who should be a dueling Guardian). Personally, I find it easily defeated by 4+ enemies (without gun support or a second tank, of course).

Blaster Rifle:

Yes, I'm including these. These SUCK, though you can use them if you want to be like a clone or storm trooper. Equip them on your allies and see what happens; amazing things! However, Blaster Pistols (2x) > Blaster Rifle

Blaster Pistol:

No point in a single one. You don't need the extra defense because they'll never reach you (though it IS annoying trying to kill Kreia... and it takes SOOOOO long to kill other enemies).

Blaster Pistol x2:

If you use Stun (or its upgrades) or Fear (or its upgrades), this becomes an EXCELLENT choice if you don't want to get hurt. It's for people who want to "play it safe", and by god, IT WORKS!!! But it kills slow, can't take on more than what Force Insanity can affect, and needs a tank (unless you're a Consular using pistols and can spam Insanity/Stun). However, you can get these fairly early on in the game.

Melee Weapons:

Put them on your Wookie (forgot his name); he's meant to tank not lightsaber!

Edited by bisurge