Web Hosting

Oerwinde

Well, I was using iPaska to host my website until recently, I guess something happened and they are now encouraging everyone to find new hosting. So now I'm looking for a new host for my website. I found a couple with really good plans, but they make you pay all in one lump sum, and I can't afford that. I want something with monthly payments. Anyone have any suggestions?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

...and some Swedes with a limited, but still, Finnish vocabulary :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Pardon me for laughing out loud. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

after finding a decent online finnish to english dictionary. I am laughing too. Crazy Australians.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I heavily recommend PowWeb, and not just because I use them and could theoretically could receive an affiliate bonus for referring you.

They give you 10 gigs of bandwidth per day. I've seen tons of professional hosts who only offer 2 gigs per month. Compare 300 gigs per month versus 2 gigs per month.

You get 5 gigs for storage, a free domain name, web based email, great support, FrontPage extensions, CGI-BIN, multiple SQL databases will full control (you're not restricted from locking tables and such), you name it.

Sign up for 2 years and get 2 years free. I think it's $90 a year, so for $180 you get 4 years right now. That's insane.

I'd have to check what my account is under if you want to list me as a referrer, but I'd appreciate if you did.

I heavily recommend PowWeb, and not just because I use them and could theoretically could receive an affiliate bonus for referring you.

They give you 10 gigs of bandwidth per day.  I've seen tons of professional hosts who only offer 2 gigs per month.  Compare 300 gigs per month versus 2 gigs per month.

You get 5 gigs for storage, a free domain name, web based email, great support, FrontPage extensions, CGI-BIN, multiple SQL databases will full control (you're not restricted from locking tables and such), you name it.

Sign up for 2 years and get 2 years free.  I think it's $90 a year, so for $180 you get 4 years right now.  That's insane.

I'd have to check what my account is under if you want to list me as a referrer, but I'd appreciate if you did.

Too late, I already went with Lunarpages. They give me 1 gigs of space, with the ability to apply for free upgrades up to 3gigs, 100gigs of bandwidth per month, a free domain for life, and all the extras you mentioned, for 7.95 per month. Though I wish I had seen this first, not that I'll ever use even the 1 gig and 100 gigs of bandwidth. They were the top rated host on some website I found that rated web hosting. I was already impressed because with iPaska for the same price, and 12 bucks a year for domain registration, I got 200 megs of space, and 12 gigs of bandwidth a month.

Devastatorsig.jpg

$180 for 4 years = $3.75 a month for more bandwidth and storage than I've seen anyone else offer, and the price is half of what anyone else is charging. The servers are reliable, fast, and support has been great. Really, I can't complain. I signed up for a second one and reupped the other.

They have been the best webhost I've ever had.

$180 for 4 years = $3.75 a month for more bandwidth and storage than I've seen anyone else offer, and the price is half of what anyone else is charging.  The servers are reliable, fast, and support has been great.  Really, I can't complain.  I signed up for a second one and reupped the other.

They have been the best webhost I've ever had.

Yeah, too bad I had already signed up for Lunarpages before I saw your first post. I would have gone there instead. Though, do you have to pay in one lump sum? Because I wouldn't be able to afford that if you do.

Devastatorsig.jpg

You can pay per month (which is then like $7.95), 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, or 24 months. If you pay for a year or two at a time, you get extra free periods.

I think a year gets you 6 free months, and two years gets you 2 free years right now.

I signed up for a year and got 6 free months.

You can pay per month (which is then like $7.95), 3 months, 6 months, 12 months, or 24 months.  If you pay for a year or two at a time, you get extra free periods.

I think a year gets you 6 free months, and two years gets you 2 free years right now.

I signed up for a year and got 6 free months.

Dangit. Well, when my term is up at Lunarpages I'll give you a shout and you can get that 65 bucks or whatever you get for referring people.

Devastatorsig.jpg