China renews their crackdown on the internet

kumquatq3

LINK

Earlier this month, a French media watchdog group said e-mail account information provided by Internet powerhouse Yahoo Inc. (Nasdaq:YHOO - news) helped lead to the conviction and 10-year prison sentence of a Chinese journalist who had written about media restrictions in an e-mail.

Well, a true bussinessman would deal with the devil if it could earn him a profit >_<

..like how IBM denies that they knew what their punchcard machines in Auschwitz were being used for, even though they sent special technicians there every 2 months to service them o:)"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I've never heard about IBM and Auschwitz before

I have. Those machines needed to be specially designed for their intended purposes too.

BTW, I hope the fact that this story was post on YAHOO NEWS wasn't lost on you guys o:)

Obviously, they're looking to topple Microsoft from their stranglehold on the position of Most Evil Corporation. >_<"

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Different civilization. Different rules?

Chinese goverment does the same thing America does: they hunt down those they consider a threat to them. EnderWiggin's guru Bush is wiping out islamic

fundamentalists, chinese leaders are wiping out outspoken dissidents. Both governments allow their lackeys to use tortures and break human laws, although

chinese one doesn't pose as a defender of freedom - which means is less mendacious.

Simple.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

The whole concept of "Different nation, different rules" with bussiness and China is very interesting.

Especially that Rupert "Fox" Murdoch, the worlds greatest media mogul and rightwing supporter, did the same thing when the Chinese goverment was threatening to disallow him television broadcasting rights in China. He instantly forgot about his political conictions and agreed to air whatever the communists wanted him to air ;)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

He does have a point that different cultures and civilizations have different laws and rules that govern them. However I think that there is a need for all governments and religious institutions to remove policies that inhibit human expression and infringes of human freedoms.

And hang the last capitalist in the intestines of the last priest? :blink:

I really thought that the Americans got some lessons after 9/11 regarding crackdowns on internet sites that may benefit terrorists and help design terrorist attacks, but I guess not.....

Recently I did a research on WMD weapons, nuclear and dirty bombs mostly. After visiting many sites, I went to this highly prominent american site ( I won't name it - otherwise, the local 'patriots' will report me :) ) regarding space, weapons and science when I came across this program called -nuke a city-. So I started and it goes like this:

* Input weapon yield ( in kilotons or megatons) - in other words choose weapon's strength

* Pick an American city (I was like: WTF :) and there were only American cities) - I picked Chicago...

* After that you get a satellite image of the city, then you pick a location of the blast in or around the Chicago depending on geographical configuration...

* Then you get to choose the delivery method: car or an airplane....they're so nice, they think of everything :)

* After all of that you get several graphic circles in different colours showing where the widespread fires will occure, where most of the people will get killed and where buildings will be destroyed, all of that is shown on the satellite image of the city, perfect way so the terrorist can enflict maximum damage - way to go Yankees :)

* You also get calculated values of Thermal radiation radius (3rd degree burns), air blast radius (widespread destruction), air blast radius (near-total fatalities), ionizing radiation radius (500 rem), fireball duration and fireball radius (minimum, airburst and ground-contact airburst)

* But that's not all folks, you even get the calculation how wind speed effects the fallout radiation and you can choose wind direction which then shows where and how the radiation spreads on the rest of the city - another way of helping cause maximum damage

You know this all reminds on that US documentary film after the failed 1995 WTC bombing, where the experts were saying what the terrorist did wrong, onwards saying where they should have enflicted explosions to do maximum damage....it's absolutley ludcrious, how stupid can you be posting such information, back then those and now stuff like this?

I really thought that the Americans got some lessons after 9/11 regarding crackdowns on internet sites that may benefit terrorists and help design terrorist attacks, but I guess not.....

Recently I did a research on WMD weapons, nuclear and dirty bombs mostly. After visiting many sites, I went to this highly prominent american site ( I won't name it - otherwise, the local 'patriots' will report me :)  ) regarding space, weapons and science when I came across this program called -nuke a city-. So I started and it goes like this:

* Input weapon yield ( in kilotons or megatons) - in other words choose weapon's strength

* Pick an American city (I was like: WTF :) and there were only American cities) - I picked Chicago...

* After that you get a satellite image of the city, then you pick a location of the blast in or around the Chicago depending on geographical configuration...

* Then you get to choose the delivery method: car or an airplane....they're so nice, they think of everything :)

* After all of that you get several graphic circles in different colours showing where the widespread fires will occure, where most of the people will get killed and where buildings will be destroyed, all of that is shown on the satellite image of the city, perfect way so the terrorist can enflict maximum damage - way to go Yankees  :)

* You also get calculated values of Thermal radiation radius (3rd degree burns), air blast radius (widespread destruction), air blast radius (near-total fatalities), ionizing radiation radius (500 rem), fireball duration and fireball radius (minimum, airburst and ground-contact airburst)

* But that's not all folks, you even get the calculation how wind speed effects the fallout radiation and you can choose wind direction which then shows where and how the radiation spreads on the rest of the city - another way of helping cause maximum damage

You know this all reminds on that US documentary film after the failed 1995 WTC bombing, where the experts were saying what the terrorist did wrong, onwards saying where they should have enflicted explosions to do maximum damage....it's absolutley ludcrious, how stupid can you be posting such information, back then those and now stuff like this?

It's all public domain information. Anyone determined to actually do something like that is already going to know it, and certainly doesn't need the program.

As for the initial issue...I agree. Let's invade both China and Yahoo!, since we're all about spreading freedom dust over here.

To tell you the truth, I'm surprised we haven't changed our policies towards China. The whole, "Do your own thing, we'll keep happily trading away with you and count on minimal influence from commerce to magically reform your entire society," approach seems a little low-speed for our illustrious leader, doesn't it?

Recently I did a research on WMD weapons, nuclear and dirty bombs mostly. After visiting many sites, I went to this highly prominent american site ( I won't name it - otherwise, the local 'patriots' will report me :)  ) regarding space, weapons and science when I came across this program called -nuke a city-. So I started and it goes like this:

* After all of that you get several graphic circles in different colours showing where the widespread fires will occure, where most of the people will get killed and where buildings will be destroyed, all of that is shown on the satellite image of the city, perfect way so the terrorist can enflict maximum damage - way to go Yankees  :)

It's all public domain information. Anyone determined to actually do something like that is already going to know it, and certainly doesn't need the program.

As for the initial issue...I agree. Let's invade both China and Yahoo!, since we're all about spreading freedom dust over here.

To tell you the truth, I'm surprised we haven't changed our policies towards China. The whole, "Do your own thing, we'll keep happily trading away with you and count on minimal influence from commerce to magically reform your entire society," approach seems a little low-speed for our illustrious leader, doesn't it?

Just, you know, on the off chance that the bastards planning to nuke an American city don't know how wind direction affects nuclear fallout...we should minimize the level of detail we put into our public information regarding the subject...

Then again, its just a thought. :)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Just, you know, on the off chance that the bastards planning to nuke an American city don't know how wind direction affects nuclear fallout...we should minimize the level of detail we put into our public information regarding the subject...

Then again, its just a thought.  :)

On the other hand, they could...oh, I dunno, read a book about Chernobyl, and have all they need to know.

You know, between the half-naked women on my TV telling me to buy Axe Shower Wash if I definitely want to get laid, and my typing box telling me I've been pre-approved for up to a $50,000 loan, I'm certainly detecting some deceit in the way american businesses conduct shop.

Someone should set up a system of checks and balances to determine if companies are conducting themself ethically :rolleyes:

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Oh, it works, but the women are no where near as hot as they are on the comercials. Most are infact fatties. They never mention anything about fatties on the T.V. unless its Kristi Alley

Back to China: There are very few fatties in China

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.