First NWN2 Screenshots

Jumjalum

Ok, I just got home with Dragonshard.

The black and white paper is REALLY dark and it is hard to make the screenshots out.

I don't know how much help it will be, but I will look into getting these scanned in at work.

So next monday at latest I

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Well, I do happen to have extra 50e...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You're taking me seriously again, poor Jusa.

No, it's not.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Releasing the first screenshots on the back of a manual for some unknown game noone going to buy anyway? I guess the marketing people at Atari is on the rock again.

:huh:"

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, they do. In marketing. :ermm:

kirottu said:

Well, they do. In marketing. :ermm:

That's not so much work as it is media-based terrorism against consumers in corporate-sponsored, legalized culture appropriation. They just try to sell you reasons for you to buy a product which they also conveniently manage to be promoting. Not that culture jammers are any better, though.

I have no idea what I just said but there, I said it.

"I have no idea what I just said but there, I said it."

It's all right; I caught the jist of it.

kirottu said:

Whats ATARi doing really? Do they think this is a good way to start building the hype?

..and it seems they did a poor, poor choice in pubslishing Dragonshard, not even the D&D fanboys at BW has bought it yet :ermm:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Dragonshard has been getting pretty good reviews thus far though. I don't see why it couldn't sell? Maybe it hasn't hit the stores everywhere yet?

8.5/10 isn't bad at all, and from the review it sounded pretty interesting to me. Kind of like Spellforce (which I liked).

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/dragonshard/index.html

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Because people played the demo and realized it was crap?

I was looking forward to this game, until the devs dumbed down the nexus building system because 'it was too difficult for our testers to graspt it'. The demo was just the icing.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

From Bioboards...

My friend has just bought dragonshard (he likes RTS and D&D) =) and so I went over to his house and checked out the screenies

the OP was right the screens are very small (about a square inch or two) and its difficult to see what exactly is going on btw he doesn't have a scanner and neither do I so I'm gonna end up just describing it a bit to you in a bit more detail than the OP.

Screenshot 1:

Large open area looking over the shoulder of a PC. The PC has recongnizable fingers from the close up of his hand to the left of the screenshot. There are two dead monsters sprawled out on the ground. In the back ground there is a small group of trees to the left (btw they look pretty nice) a little bit further is a massive umberhulk and what appears to bit an white spider. Still further back is a humanoid creature of some sort possibly a gnoll and the back drop is a cliff. The models and textures look much more detailed than NWN1. The lighting is especially impressive. (at least as far as I could tell from the B&W screens =P)

Screenshot 2:

A dawn or dusk shot with the sun hung just over a small run down shack to the left. A human/elf/half-elf is standing in the center of the screenshot in a small field with the shack sitting on top of a rollng hill to his back. The field is nicely detailed with grass and small patches of dirt. A huge monster stands to the right of the humanoid. It looks like some kind of golem possibly iron. The background again has a good number of trees which look very diverse and realistic.

Over all I'm a little disappointed by the screenies

NOT by the screenies themselves but by the quiality at which i got to see them =P

Wish i had bigger ones to gaze upon like 1600x1200

a color version would be nice as well

however these will have to do for now

-Ledi-

Hopes the publisher will release REAL screenshots soon =D

*sigh*

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

If I was a Dev(that wasnt constantly *** in the *** by an interfering publisher as is the norm) I would begin dishing out renders and concept art as soon as it was ready and then continue to gradually release material as the development progresses. That way fans would stay interested, satisfied and theyd also be given a sense that they have more insight into the making of the game.

btw, does anyone know if NWN2 is 3rd person(koTOR) or Isometric(nwn1)?

Edited by Kaftan Barlast