Drivers not accepted

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not, not quite sure how to search for it, i apologise if it has.

I run a 1.7 ghz with 386mb ram and a ati 9200 vid card. The problem is this. Whenever i've played wither kotor 1 or 2 before, the only trouble i've had when i'd run the scan hardware feature, was that my memory wasn't at 512 mb. I've got both games re-installed now and when i run the scan hardware, it tells me for K1 that my display drivers are out of date, i need catalyst 5.8 or higher. For K2 it tells me my display drivers are no good, i need Nvidia 43.25 or better.

Now, i had catalyst 5.8 when i installed the games (now have 5.9) and i have an ati card, not nvidia.

I find it strange that this is suddenly showing up when it never had before. Anyone have any idea why it/s all of a sudden showing this? is it a bug? I have noticed some slowdown during game play when there was hardly any before.

• 2 months later...

I have the same issue. I recently bought KOTOR 2 and loaded it to my PC the hardware scan gave me a green light on all requirements. While on Peragus it started to crash in between loading sreens. I would receive the "Windows has encountered and error and must shut down" message. I decided to uninstall KOTOR2 and update my drivers. I know have the ATI Catalyst 5.12 video driver loaded and it tells me I don't meet the minimum video requirement. Has anyone encountered this?

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

I used to use an older driver without the .NET based Catalyst Control center, but I recently upgraded it (because I had some problem with FSAA not working in some games) and now my 128MB 9600 PRO card is suddenly equipped with 512MB... (aperture size is only 256) but FSAA works. I don't have any problems with any games or stability issues however.

(Signatures: disabled) 

What I don't get is the game played great last night (with the exception of crashing beween loasdnig screens) but now I install new drivers and I fail to meet the minimum requirements for video? When I try to play the game all sorts of things are happening...it plays in black and white, it's blocky and doesn't have near the texture quality. I have ATI 9200 se and it shoudl at least look like it did last night. And let me tell you what a joke Lucas Artsa "Techincal" suppport is....

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

You might want to try uninstalling your display drivers again. Then run a free program called Driver Cleaner. It removes all old traces of any display drivers that may be hiding within your registry. It works for ATI & NVidia graphics cards. Once you reboot proceed to installing your graphics drivers again. Don't use the Windows "Found New Hardware" wizard though...just find your new downloaded graphics card driver file & use that.

(Dual-Boot)Windows XP Pro (32 - Bit) SP3 & Windows Vista Ultimate (SP 1) 64 Bit | Intel Dual Core 2 Quad 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz | 8 GB Corsair DDR 3 Ram 1600 mhz | GeForce 9600 GT 512 MB PCI Express X 3 SLI enabled | NVidia Forceware Drivers 181.22| EVGA nForce 790I-SLI Ultra MOBO | Thermalake 850 Watt PWR |