What happened on your birthday?

Dark Moth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_anniversaries

My birthday contains some pretty cool events. Things like the Battle of Hastings, Theodore Roosevelt being shot, and the first Winnie the Pooh book happened on my birthday. :)

I also share birthdays with people like William Penn, Dwight D. Eisenhower, Roger Moore, and Stacy Keibler. :thumbsup:

Some of you have probably already seen this before. This thread was inspired by a derailment in Ender's first baby thread. o:) I'm sure some of you have done this before, but I figured I'd create this topic just to give it a shot and give the other people who hadn't done it a chance (and maybe boost my TOMBS thread rating). :-"

I had checked it up before but had forgotten about it. Some of the things that happened on my birthday:

• 1605 - Gunpoder Plot: A plot by Guy Fawkes to blow up the English Houses of Parliament is foiled when Sir Thomas Knyvet, a justice of the peace, finds Fawkes in a cellar below the Parliament building. (V for Vendetta for life!)

• 1872 - Women's suffrage: In defiance of the law, suffragist Susan B. Anthony votes for the first time, and is later fined $100.

• 1895 - George B. Selden is granted the first U.S. patent for an automobile.

• 1935 - Parker Brothers releases the board game Monopoly.

• 1937 - World War II: Adolf Hitler holds a secret meeting and states his plans for acquiring "living space" for the German people.

This pretty much says it all (4/20 or 20/4 you filthy metric apes :thumbsup: ):

Events:

1653 - Oliver Cromwell grows sick with a broken pelvis.

1689 - The former King James II of England, now deposed, lays siege to Derry.

1770 - Lieutenant James Cook's expedition (first voyage) makes first sighting of eastern Australian coastline, naming the spot Cape Hicks. His logbook recorded the date as April 19, but the 20th was the actual calendar date.

1775 - American Revolutionary War: British troops begin siege of Boston, Massachusetts

1861 - American Civil War: Robert E. Lee resigns his commission in the United States Army in order to command the forces of the state of Virginia.

1862 - The first pasteurization test completed by Louis Pasteur and Claude Bernard.

1902 - Pierre and Marie Curie refine radium chloride.

1918 - Manfred von Richthofen, aka The Red Baron, shoots down his 79th and 80th victims marking his final victories before his death the following day.

1972 - Apollo 16 lands on the Moon.

1999 - Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold kill 12 students and a teacher before turning their guns on themselves in the Columbine High School massacre.

Births:

570 - Mohammed, founder of Islam was born in Mecca (appx. year)

1889 - Adolf Hitler, Austrian-born German dictator

1964 - Crispin Glover, American actor

Carmen Electra, American actress

Deaths:

1769 - Pontiac, Chief of the Ottawa

1912 - Bram Stoker, Irish author

1992 - Benny Hill, British comedian

Holidays and observances:

2003, 2014 - Easter Sunday

April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (drug culture)

Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus

Very unlucky by the sounds of it, I hate Eminem :angry:

I would post what happens on my birthday, but its mostly just a hangover day (5th July) and the only exciting people born on that day are Gianfranco Zola and some other guy.... :thumbsup:

EDIT: The some other guy is Dolly the cloned sheep o:)

Events

* 1085 - Alfonso VI of Castile takes Toledo back from the Moors.

* 1420 - Henry the Navigator is appointed governor of the Order of Christ.

* 1521 - The Diet of Worms ends when Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor, issues the Edict of Worms, declaring Martin Luther an outlaw.

* 1659 - Richard Cromwell resigns as Lord Protector of England following the restoration of the Long Parliament, beginning a second brief period of the republican government called the Commonwealth.

* 1787 - In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, delegates convene a Constitutional Convention to write a new Constitution for the United States. George Washington presides.

* 1810 - In the May Revolution, armed citizens of Buenos Aires expel the Viceroy during the Semana de Mayo.

* 1865 - In Mobile, Alabama, 300 are killed when an ordnance depot explodes.

* 1895 - Playwright, poet and novelist Oscar Wilde is convicted of "commiting acts of gross indecency with other male persons" and sentenced to serve two years in prison.

* 1895 - The Republic of Taiwan is formed, with Tang Ching-sung as the president.

* 1914 - The United Kingdom's House of Commons passes Home Rule Act for devolution in Ireland.

* 1925 - Scopes Trial: John T. Scopes is indicted for teaching Darwin's theory of evolution.

* 1925 - The National Forensics League of the U.S. is founded.

* 1926 - Sholom Schwartzbard assassinates Symon Petliura, the head of the Paris-based government-in-exile of Ukrainian People's Republic.

* 1935 - In a span of 45 minutes at the Big Ten meet in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Jesse Owens sets or ties four track and field world records.

* 1935 - Babe Ruth hits his 714th and last home run at Forbes Field in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, setting a baseball record that will stand for 39 years.

* 1940 - World War II: The Battle of Dunkirk begins.

* 1946 - The parliament of Transjordan makes Abdullah I of Jordan their king.

* 1953 - Nuclear testing: At the Nevada Test Site, the United States conducts its first and only nuclear artillery test.

* 1955 - Kanchenjunga, third highest peak in the world is scaled successfully for the first time.

* 1961 - Apollo program: U.S. president John F. Kennedy announces before a special joint session of Congress his goal to initiate a project to put a "man on the moon" before the end of the decade.

* 1963 - In Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, the Organisation of African Unity is established.

* 1967 - Celtic_F.C. become the first British team to reach a European_Cup final and also to win it, beating Inter_Milan 2-1 in normal time.

* 1966 - Explorer program: Explorer 32 launches.

* 1968 - In St. Louis, Missouri, US Vice-President Hubert Humphrey and US Secretary of the Interior Stewart Udall dedicate the Gateway Arch as part of the Jefferson National Expansion Memorial.

* 1973 - Mike Oldfield releases Tubular Bells.

* 1977 - Star Wars (later retitled Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope) opens a limited run in theaters before expanding to become the highest grossing movie to date.

* 1979 - American Airlines Flight 191: In Chicago, Illinois, a DC-10 crashes during takeoff at O'Hare International Airport killing 271 on board and two people on the ground.

* 1979 - The movie Alien opens in theaters.

* 1981 - In Riyadh, the Gulf Cooperation Council is created between Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

* 1982 - HMS Coventry is sunk during the Falklands War.

* 1985 - Bangladesh is hit by a tropical cyclone and storm surge, which kills approximately 10,000 people.

* 1988 - The Berulsemann was born.

* 1995 - The Bosnian Serb Army kills 72 youngsters in the Bosnian city of Tuzla.

* 1997 - A military coup in Sierra Leone replaces President Ahmad Tejan Kabbah with Major Johnny Paul Koromah.

* 1997 - Strom Thurmond becomes the longest-serving member in the history of the United States Senate, at 41 years and 10 months.

* 2001 - 32-year-old Erik Weihenmayer, of Boulder, Colorado, becomes the first blind person to reach the summit of Mount Everest.

* 2001 - 64-year-old Sherman Bull, of New Canaan, Connecticut, becomes the oldest person to reach the summit of Mount Everest.

* 2002 - China Airlines Flight 611: A Boeing 747-200 breaks apart in mid-air and plunges into the Taiwan Strait killing 225 people.

* 2003 - N

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

Nothing happened on myt birthday :D that is my exact birthday, not just December 14th. Taking just the date is cheating.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

You were brought into the world, and an event such as that is enough.

:blink: You're still not getting my vote... if you want it so badly you know what I want :huh:

@ WS - No, nothing and yes I did

DL

EDIT - Aww... thanks Mothie :)

I wasn't not trying to garner votes, I was speaking the truth.

And changing back to the Hoff avatar would be wrong as I'd be tempted to get this one back as soon as you'd voted for me.

You were brought into the world, and an event such as that is enough.

:o You're still not getting my vote... if you want it so badly you know what I want ;)

@ WS - No, nothing and yes I did

DL

EDIT - Aww... thanks Mothie :)

I wasn't not trying to garner votes, I was speaking the truth.

And changing back to the Hoff avatar would be wrong as I'd be tempted to get this one back as soon as you'd voted for me.

So you were trying to garner votes, eh? :-

our birthday (day/month) is the only one that has 2 different perfect numbers.

as to kewl things that happened on our birthday... we got our very own .22 when we turned 12. beat that.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)