Press Reset on Your Brain

EnderAndrew

Just off the presses: Atoms Develop in Universe that Favours Development of Atoms Shock!

Actually, the article was a pretty interesting read. :(

By the way, I only exit the game and turn off when all my Sims are tucked up in bed. You know, just in case.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

There are so many reasons as to why that article is so incorrect...But im lazy and tired so im going to let somebody else explain. Plus im not really good at explaining things.

The article isn't incorrect because it makes no absolute statements. It never says "this is the true state of the universe". It poses questions.

The theories mentioned are in fact theories the scientific community is currently bouncing around, so there are honest-to-goodness scientists who believe these things.

Look up string theory, fuzzy math, dark matter, dark energy, etc. etc.

I also love that the current prevalant theory concerning our universe is that it is both finite, and possibly one of many. It exists in a bubble. Objects go from high pressure to low pressure, right? Except at the edge of space where existance suddenly stops, and things stay contained in a bubble for no apparent reason.

I've been pondering about this stuff for years. Still doesn't make it any less mind-blowing though, no matter how many times I try to assure myself I'm actually existing.

Great, now I've lost my one constant.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I was shocked that it didn't touch upon the illusions we accept as reality.

For instance, you could reach out and touch your computer. You firmly believe that you are touching your computer. But from a semantic arguement, the matter in your hand is not directly touching the matter of the computer. You never really touch anything.

There are so many things we take for granted that when viewed from another perspective prove to be false.

We assumed for how knows how long that the sun revolved around the earth. Standing on earth, it sure looks that way.

What if gravity didn't operate the way we think ti does? (By the way, we have scientific proof that gravity doesn't exist on a larger scale, that is whay we made up the theory of dark matter to explain the broken physics). What if every molecule in the universe doubled in size at exactly the same rate?

If you jumped in the air, the earth (a larger object) would expand up to you, making it seem like you fell down to it.