the end of the game ...

No, it doesn't.

If you end the story as a Darksider, Malachor isn't destroy but that's all....

Hope that helps...

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

LA read developer threads?! :( Heck no!

True there, was an extremely disappointing ending, but thats rushed developing for you, cut content would have cleared a few things up, and possibly so will the TSL Restoration Project if they are still going at it :luck:.

I believe TSL was originally conceived as a cliffhanger...true, had it not been as rushed, they could have given it more polish...but the bottom line is that it was supposed to leave you hanging for K3.

The lead designer of the game has stated that he will never do an "Empire Strikes Back" kind of ending again for the very reasons you are stating.

Video games are not movies and just don't lend themselves well to such an abrupt ending.

I truely believe that all (or almost all) of the dangling threads from K2 will be wrapped up in K3 and in a satisfying way.

I think you are putting way too much faith in a possible K3 tying up all loose ends from the other 2 games. :p

The way that i see it, is that the devs thought out K2 a little, thought up a story which tied in with K1 suitably, then played out the rest of the game the way they thought fit, then got it out. They didnt get an excellent response because of the unfinished-ness of K2, so they thought people bored of the series and are not going to make another one. :shifty: Thats just the way that i see it right now...

/rant

I think you are putting way too much faith in a possible K3 tying up all loose ends from the other 2 games. :p

The way that i see it, is that the devs thought out K2 a little, thought up a story which tied in with K1 suitably, then played out the rest of the game the way they thought fit, then got it out. They didnt get an excellent response because of the unfinished-ness of K2, so they thought people bored of the series and are not going to make another one. :shifty: Thats just the way that i see it right now...

/rant

one of the things K1 had that K2 did not was a media marketing blitz. I'm sure part of this was due to titles like Battlefront being out at roughly the same time.

if K3 does happen, I think you will see that it is not so much a sequel but the second half of the game....The Return of the King is not really a sequel, it is a continuation of the same exact story....that is how to look at K3.

I have no doubt that K3 will provide a satisfying conclusion to what we are in now.

they will need a media blitz and being able to tout things like customizable hilts, advanced AI, customizable lightsaber form progression, and maybe even things like finishing blows....all that adds "grab value" that you can feed into a marketing blitz...that is why those things are so important...they give you things to talk about during a marketing campaign.

Jeez...we're not sure yet that there will be a K3???

Owww :'(

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is that Obsidian made a sequel for a game that needed nor warranted a sequel storywise. KotOR was complete in of itself and trying to do a sequel in such a way, let alone give it a cliff hanger ending, was doomed to fail from the start.

That is what KotOR 2 is, a failure.

I believe TSL was originally conceived as a cliffhanger...true, had it not been as rushed, they could have given it more polish...but the bottom line is that it was supposed to leave you hanging for K3.

The lead designer of the game has stated that he will never do an "Empire Strikes Back" kind of ending again for the very reasons you are stating.

Video games are not movies and just don't lend themselves well to such an abrupt ending.

I truely believe that all (or almost all) of the dangling threads from K2 will be wrapped up in K3 and in a satisfying way.

If any of u have played Halo2 then u should know that it "left u hanging." What im wondering is why did it work for that game. I didnt like the ending but everyone i asked loved it.

I generally prefer K2 over K1....the main problem with K2 was just the lack of polish...everything from less texturing in the graphics to having to give Visas HEAVY ARMOR proficiency in order to change the appearance of her clothing, to the half-baked influence system....it is not any one thing but, taken as a whole, it is a bit frustrating. Neither Obsidian nor LA will make the same mistake twice.

The ending really did not bother me because I knew it was supposed to be a cliffhanger for K3. However, the munchkin market is a big part of the base support of these games and they really have to keep that in mind next time.

• 2 weeks later...
It'll be made eventually, but not in the forseeable future.

Whenever they get around to it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

"soon" :lol::lol:"

Seriously though, i cant see why there wouldnt be a KOTOR3, its an easy money maker for a start, plus its a damn good series despite its problems.

I just played KOTOR1 again last night, everything so simple! and blasters actually DO kill people! ;)

I think calling KOTOR2 a failure is a bit harsh, but its definatly an unfinished product, or at least the last 3rd of the game is.

K3 i imagine will explain what happened to the exile and reven, maybe sending you off to help aid them in fighting the "true sith". I too hope it will wrap everything up to either finish off the series of KOTOR or pave the way for a new set of KOTOR games from a slightly different time.

if it doesn't explain the exile and revan and the true sith, I'm not buying.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"