Cry-Engine 2 Video

Bokishi

Doesn't have to be a sequel.

Doesn't have to be a sequel? :p

What do you m..m..m::zzzzzt::..ean? I..I..I::Zzzzzt!::...can't h..h..h::ZZZZZZZT::...andle original thought. Does not compute. Does not Compute. Does not compute. :)

Look, just trying to point out that, to my understanding, they can't make another Far Cry, but the engine demo looked like a next gen Far Cry. Sure, that prolly means nothing other than they played to their strengths/what they are famous for, but it sparked my curiosity as to what their plans might be. It's prolly just that, a demo. I wouldn't mind another shooter set in paradise tho.

Plus, engines are highly markettable.

Their last one wasn't, to my knowledge, used in anything else. Unfortunatly. Seems a couple of good engines, a la Silent Storms, are not really getting any "play", besides internally. It's all Source or UR3.

Meh, spiritual successor. I think what I meant was "It doesn't have to be Far Cry 2" but can still be a game in a similar environment, with similar setting and everything.

Spiritual Successor or something.

As for the engine, well, this one will have EA oompf behind it as well.

Did anyone else see the MGS4 video? If that thing isn't pre-rendered, then wow...

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wow. I thought Far Cry had the best graphics I'd ever seen in a game.. I guess it had to be the creators of Far Cry to try to top that and succeed. Some time ago there were rumours floating that Gothic 3 would use the Cry engine, but those rumours turned out to be false.

Let's hope Crytek manages to make some good tools for their engine. I think that was the reason the engine was unsellable last time around. Apparently the tools that come with Unreal Engine 3 are fantastic, which is why it's selling so well.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well, the tech itself didn't impress me all too much in GotP, but the atmosphere. Just wow. Anyway, the alpha-videos I've seen of Gothic 3 look curiously similar in graphics to that new CryEngine videos tech. I guess there might be some relation. Both teams are germs. Not that that itself means anything.

Thanks Sarja for posting the trailer.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Well, I know what i like..

Normalmaps and advanced shaders on EVERYTHING :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "