A Brief History Of Time- By Stephen Hawkins

The Stranger- By Albert Camus

The Selfish Gene- By Richard Dawkins

The Man In The High Castle- By Philip K. ****

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

The books on my top shelf are all mostly things like Arthur C. Clarke and Philip K. Diсk. But then, my Bookcases are alphabetised. :)"

My favourite books would have to be:

For Want of a Nail - Robert Sobel

Island in the Sea of Time - S.M. Stirling

Soul Music - Terry Pratchett

Probably some others too which I can't remember right now.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

My bookshelf is filled with Stephen Kings Dark Tower series. I thought it was good. Also must give shout outs to my other favorite books, Helter Skelter, and Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

The Halo Trilogy, The Giver, Gathering Blue, and the Messenger (unamed trilogy), and the Lord of the Rings complete with the Book of Lost Tales 1 and 2 and the Silmarilion. The last three I've never actually finished though. :">

A lot of my favorite books I don't acually own, but have read at school. Those include Walk Two Moons and the True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle.

Oh yeah, and all my brother's college textbooks he doesn't need anymore. Mostly programming stuff. I'm not very far into those yet.

sig2.gif

dubliners

pale fire

brave new world

the sound and the fury

richard iii

slaughterhouse 5

the king's indian

babbit

rabbit is rich

the dark knight returns

beowulf

grendel

as i lay dying

the heart of the matter

knight

the phantom tollbooth

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

add:

lolita

the complete short stories of ernest hemingway

one that is as often on the list as off:

gravity's rainbow

is a great book to teach and discuss 'cause so much is going on in it, but...

*shrug*

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

*runs upstairs to check*

On my top shelf I have:

The Myst Trilogy

The Dune Prequels

Half a dozen Redwall books

A Richard Sharpe book that I haven't put back on my parent's bookshelf

A Song of Ice and Fire (all three books)

A couple Harry Potter books that I got for christmas a couple years ago

Some Canadian Historical Fiction

The Prince and The Art of War by Machiavelli (Got this for christmas last year, really enjoying it when I do remember to read it)

not really... but you do have multiple narrators, one of whom is retarded.

"as i lay dying" is another novel in which faulkner uses multiple narrators (one of whom is dead.) their story is more coherent... less stream o' consciousness.

HA! Good Fun!

Beowulf, eh?  Good choice. 

I also have Sir Gawain and the Green Knight, which is pretty good.  Is Richard III any good?  I've read only about three of Shakespeare's plays.

sir gawain is actually a beter read than beowulf, but Gromnir sees beowulf everywhere, so we give it the nod.

as to richard iii...

it is a play... as such, w/o actors to breathe life into richard, the title character can come off as both over-the-top and maudlin. nevertheless, we got a soft spot for the "poisinous bunch-backed toad." is our favorite shakespeare even if it ain't the bestest.

can't go wrong with macbeth.

HA! Good Fun!

Learning Maya 5|Foundation (Maya Press)

Hitchhikers Guide to SQL2000 Reporting Services (Microsoft Press)

Windows Server 2003 Environment (test preparation) (Microsoft Press)

Progamming Microsoft ASP.NET (Microsoft Press)

:lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Mayor of Casterbridge

The Stranger

England in Literature (Macbeth Edition)

Grammar and Composition

The Elements of Style (3rd Edition)

3 text books.  2 fiction.

How did you like The Stranger? I found that book fascinating, a bit depressive. I found his view point (indifference, world irrational just like life) fascinating, yet unhuman. also, how since he didn't choose a meaning for him, society(that is the court room) choose one for him.

What did you get out of it?

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

camus were an existentialist.

HA! Good Fun!

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

Battletechs Clan invasion trilogy by Michael A Stackpole

Xwing series By Stackpole

Three kingdoms by Luo Gongzhong

Dragons of Autum Twilight, ... Winters Night, ... Spring Dawning by Margret Wies and Tracy Hickmann

Liberty Project by Kurt Busiek

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I read it once a month, so interpret how I like it as you will.

In my opinion the book is short enough that everyone should read it at least once and see for themselves what they get from it.

once a month?

post-war french absurdists give us gas... but we agree that "the stranger" is worth reading at least once.

HA! Good Fun!

p.s. if it weren't for the fact that both beckett and conrad wrote in french, we would pretty much ignore the existence of france... from a literary pov at least.

I read it once a month, so interpret how I like it as you will.

In my opinion the book is short enough that everyone should read it at least once and see for themselves what they get from it.

once a month?

post-war french absurdists give us gas... but we agree that "the stranger" is worth reading at least once.

HA! Good Fun!

I can usually read it in about 2 hours, if that.

is a very short book and an easy read. am not surprised that you CAN read it once a month. am just confused as to why anybody would do such a thing.

then again, Gromnir has read beowulf a few hundred times...

HA! Good Fun!

On the shelf right now, and for the past several months...

Hmm. Okay, this is actually a chest that sits behind me as I sit at my computer desk. On top it has a single row of books. Over the books is an assortment of weapons. I choose this shelf just 'cause it's close, it's a more or less recent selection of what I've been reading, and the presence of the weapons just now struck me as odd.

From left to right:

Churchill's History of the English Speaking Peoples (abridged)

Great Grilling

Tao te Ching

A commentary on Homer's Odyssey

Plato's Apology (Greek)

Georg Autenreith's Homeric Dictionary

The New College Latin & English Dictionary

Crime and Punishment

Six Great Sherlock Holmes Stories

Herodotus' The History (in translation)

Selections from Herodotus (Greek)

The Collegeville Hymnal

Athenaze Book II Teacher's Manual

Reading Latin

An indepentent Study Guide to Reading Latin

Homeric Vocabularies

Xenophon's Apology of Socrates (Greek)

The Iliad trans. Fagles

The Odyssey trans Fagles

The Odyssey of Homer trans Lattimore

Ghosts of Vesuvius

Selections from Xenophon's Hellenica (Greek)

Athenaze Book I

Athenaze Book II

Thucydides trans Lattimore

Writing Ancient History

Gogol's Dead Souls

Cervantes Exemplary Stories

Jaques the Fatalist

Lazorillo de Tormes and The Swindlers

Livy's Early History of Rome (in translation)

The Brothers Karamzov

Virgil: Aeneid VI (Latin)

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!