Kotor 3 ?

Alban Berg

No, it's not on the making.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Quite frankly, I don't remember K2 being all that cheap. If anything, it probably cost more to make and market it than the first one.

The only reason it might have felt cheap was because LucasArts made Obsidian rush it to the finish line (incompleted) and out to the stores so they could get that Christma$ money.

If K3 is in development (which I have no doubt that it is, or will be soon) then LucasArts better stay off that high-horse of theirs and let the developers finish the game and send it only when they are absolutely sure that it is the way they intended it to be. Had Obsidian been given this opportunity in the first place, then K2 would have been so much more than it is.

PS: LucasArts also needs to realize that if any game has "Star Wars" on the title, then it's going to sale...regardless of the time of year.

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Quite frankly, I don't remember K2 being all that cheap. If anything, it probably cost more to make and market it than the first one.

The only reason it might have felt cheap was because LucasArts made Obsidian rush it to the finish line (incompleted) and out to the stores so they could get that Christma$ money.

If K3 is in development (which I have no doubt that it is, or will be soon) then LucasArts better stay off that high-horse of theirs and let the developers finish the game and send it only when they are absolutely sure that it is the way they intended it to be. Had Obsidian been given this opportunity in the first place, then K2 would have been so much more than it is.

PS: LucasArts also needs to realize that if any game has "Star Wars" on the title, then it's going to sale...regardless of the time of year.

I'd like to comment that KOTOR easily had a 2 year, and probably closer to a 3 year development cycle. I'm quite sure that KOTOR:2 was much cheaper overall. It also had less marketing dollars behind it.

The bulk of the cost for anything is usually labour. Given the 3 times longer development cycle that Bioware, a much more established and reputable company, had over Obsidian, a young upstart of admittedly experienced guys, I'd wager KOTOR 1 had more money directed towards it.