LA Seeks to Sabotage Obsidian

Baley

I think you are missing the point...there WILL be a content patch....it's called KOTOR 3.  Music?  the musical score will undoubetly be quite similar.  And it will be in stereo.

I'm not sure you understand the question.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The research portion of the plan is this:

I am going down the list of each Lucas Arts person who was a part of KotOR 2, from the highest to the lowliest peon then pull a Michael Moore.  I should dub this "Gallo & Me."  :D  I want to know why the finished Movies and Music patch hasn't been release even though it is finished by Obsidian and why they have treated Obsidian poorly.

If I need help I have a load of volunteers ready to go.

Have you tried actually writing to someone like Mike Gallo? A written correspondence usually gets more recognition than a random email that's sent to a random Lucasarts email account.

In any case, even if your theory is correct, I doubt you're going to get a response from a higher up at Lucasarts saying "yeah, actually, we are trying to sabotage Obsidian. But pinky swear you won't repeat this, okay?".

Everyone knows that pinkie swearing doesn't work over the internets.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Conspiracies.  :lol:

Another one. If Obsidian and LA are not getting along, the it reminds me of Troika and the way they had bitter feelings between each of their publishers. There are only so many publishers out there. I would hate to see Obsidian burn bridges with the first one it worked with.

But I agree, better looking movies and stereo sound isn't a big deal to be complaining about. Now if it were putting back in additional content, then that would be a different story. :)

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Obsidian and Lucasarts should settle it in the octagon.

"Fearsome" Feargus Urquhart versus Mike "Darth" Gallo

Loser has to admit publicly that any problems with TSL was 100% their fault.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

this is a dumbarse thread with lots of dumbarsed theories and dumbarsed posts. however, the fact that it ain't been purged is noteworthy.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I just can't believe that after nearly one year people are still talking about the K2 fiasco. I haven't even thought about this game in at least six months. And I'm certainly not going to start thinking about it now. The only time I'm going to be even remotely interested in K2 is if some announcement comes out that they are releasing some sort of expansion or content patch to better flesh out the initial release. And since we all know that's not going to happen...meh.

I just can't believe that after nearly one year people are still talking about the K2 fiasco. I haven't even thought about this game in at least six months.  And I'm certainly not going to start thinking about it now.  The only time I'm going to be even remotely interested in K2 is if some announcement comes out that they are releasing some sort of expansion or content patch to better flesh out the initial release.  And since we all know that's not going to happen...meh.

I surprised that you are surprised that people are still thinking about KotOR2. :lol: I mean, this is the developer's boards and the section right below this would be the K2 forums. Doesn't seem all that surprising that the people on this forum are still thinking about it.

I just can't believe that after nearly one year people are still talking about the K2 fiasco. I haven't even thought about this game in at least six months.  And I'm certainly not going to start thinking about it now.  The only time I'm going to be even remotely interested in K2 is if some announcement comes out that they are releasing some sort of expansion or content patch to better flesh out the initial release.  And since we all know that's not going to happen...meh.

I surprised that you are surprised that people are still thinking about KotOR2. :lol: I mean, this is the developer's boards and the section right below this would be the K2 forums. Doesn't seem all that surprising that the people on this forum are still thinking about it.

Yeah, it's kind of hard to forget when you're blasted with it everyday.

So why do I keep coming? One word: Spam. Mmmm. :wub:

sig2.gif

It was locked once, purged once.  Like a good troll, it'll only go down in a raging inferno.

Actually, the original has been:

Deleted once

Locked once

Pruned twice by the same mods on the same time (which removed 50+ posts) :D

A sequel has been:

This one is:

Currently behind radar...

You chose to delete it instead of simply locking it.You chose to not let people see what was said in that thread.

You? So you claim I am multiple moderators in one? Didn't think so...

You chose to delete it instead of simply locking it.You chose to not let people see what was said in that thread.

And now what, you're spaming this one in hope it will be deleted too?How very modish.

Anyway,It's really hard to believe that Lucas Arts or any other publisher would do such a thing.It's bad for Business.

Reminder:

Moderators: Should you find posts that seem inappropriate, please feel free to let our moderators know. If you have an issue with the moderators, please use our private messaging system to message the moderator or administrator. Personal issues between moderators and users may not be posted publicly (nor through avatar or signature use) and will be deleted without notice.

The forum guidelines may be found here.

And now what, you're spaming this one in hope it will be deleted too?How very modish.

Anyway,It's really hard to believe that Lucas Arts or any other publisher would do such a  thing.It's bad for Business.

Sounds like Fascism.

The truth will surface! :lol:

Wait two things Battle, One what the heck does that statement mean, and two How did you get multipule mods out of that statement.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Reminder:
Moderators: Should you find posts that seem inappropriate, please feel free to let our moderators know. If you have an issue with the moderators, please use our private messaging system to message the moderator or administrator. Personal issues between moderators and users may not be posted publicly (nor through avatar or signature use) and will be deleted without notice.

Reminder:

SS I'm asking about his english not his mod style. that doesn't fall under the posted rules.

Could we please stop with the off topic discussion,I don't want to offer anyone a reason to lock this thread.

Anyway I'm fairly interested in what Hades has planned,it would be fun to see an actual protest. Tho I doubt that will ever happen.

Anyway,It's really hard to believe that Lucas Arts or any other publisher would do such a  thing.It's bad for Business.

True, and I doubt they're trying to sabatoge anyone. But since when has sabatoge or manipulation been more powerful than simple greed? The real issue is LA's unwillingness to so much as give a straightforward answer to a polite question.

And what does LA's downsizing have to do with the release of the patch? From what I've heard it was pracitically done. :lol:

sig2.gif

If one were to intentionally try to screw over a company that worked on your product then one would have the other companies trying as best to get away. eventually everything you could put out would have to be made by yourself.

Could we please stop with the off topic discussion,I don't want to offer anyone a reason to lock this thread.

Anyway I'm fairly interested in what Hades has planned,it would be fun to see an actual protest. Tho I doubt that will ever happen.

Hades planned to protest KOTOR:2 by never playing it.

We saw how well that went over.

Please feel free to continue the ongoing discussion as long as the discussion remains civil, respectful and on-topic. I would advise any question as per moderating be taken up through PM.

Fionavar

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

Wait two things Battle, One what the heck does that statement mean, and two How did you get multipule mods out of that statement.

Since this is not about moderation, but about the things said:

It is pretty clear Baley's post was aimed to me. But since I wasn't the mod deleting it (During the deletion I was heavilly pruning the thread) the several You's were not me, even if Baley aims them to me...

If it would still have to be aimed to me then I had to be several mods-in-one to get that me that You...

See?

Mmmm, alot of You's aimed toward a single person I see. You're, how very modish; clearly aimed. But whatever...

I wonder how the Italics line can be for more than 1 person...