LA Seeks to Sabotage Obsidian

Baley

I have a reliable source of information about the KotOR 2 movies and music patch. It seems that Lucas Arts, the publisher of Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords, could be sabotaging Obsidian Entertainment support for the game they developed for them.

If that isn't enough, my source also states "that they [Lucas Arts] could promise something and make Obsidian Entertainment look bad." However, due to contract limitations Obsidian Entertainment is not allowed to say anything about this.

The source also states that many people at Obsidian is "feeling the same way towards Lucas Arts as the fans."

Hmmm... Maybe it is all LucasArts fault on this one.

I decide to repost this here in fear that it will be deleted again.

So what,you couldn't have just closed the thread?You had to make sure no-one will ever see it again?

Please Authority, spare them.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ive been recommended to close this thread but as the original thread was closed because of spam and "LA bashing" (and NOT because the topic itself breaks the rules in any way), I see no reason why I should close this. if you break the rules again, it will be closed again but if you manage to stay civilised, it will be spared.

And seeing that the exact same thread is allowed at the LA forums, it is quite clear that they do not mind you discussing this.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

And seeing that the exact same thread is allowed at the LA forums, it is quite clear that they do not mind you discussing this.

Or they just don't have any mods there, and allow everything...

But the other one was deleted for a reason, as violating a few OE forum laws and thus..., so when any of the Globals get on, this one probably shares the fate of the old one...

EDIT: And the old one was deleted by 3 mods in mutual agreement, caused 6 warnings for members and caused all kinds of other fun...

The research portion of the plan is this:

I am going down the list of each Lucas Arts person who was a part of KotOR 2, from the highest to the lowliest peon then pull a Michael Moore. I should dub this "Gallo & Me." :D I want to know why the finished Movies and Music patch hasn't been release even though it is finished by Obsidian and why they have treated Obsidian poorly.

If I need help I have a load of volunteers ready to go.

Treated Obsidian poorly? They agreed to allow Obsidian to develop a sequel to a top selling game? I;m sure Obsidian made some decent money off this, and got a good, solid start off their first game. if that's being treated poorlt, wowsers!

So, they weren't allowed to release a single patch for sound, and movies. Big whoop! Oooo the humanity of it all!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I hope some of you have the decency to not make this go up in flames.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Treated Obsidian poorly? They agreed to allow Obsidian to develop a sequel to a top selling game? I;m sure Obsidian made some decent money off this, and got a good, solid start off their first game. if that's being treated poorlt, wowsers!

So, they weren't allowed to release a single patch for sound, and movies. Big whoop! Oooo the humanity of it all!

And a reputation in making buggy and unsupported games, that require mods for it to be playable.

From what we've all heard, LucasArts have not behaved in a very pleasant or agreeable manner towards OE or the fans of K2. They stay true to their reputation as one of the worst publishers in existance.

And what we've heard is probably just the tip of the iceberg of whats really been going on between OE and LA.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

But we should be able to point out the various poor decisions taken by LA and the consequences of them for OE and the development and release of K2. This is legitimate critiscism, not bashing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I feel warm and fuzzy knowing that Authority is back!

And I don't think LA is so much trying to sabatoge Obsidian as much as it doesn't care about obsidian. LA got the game and the Obsidian can fall apart, unless they are contratually bound to make another for LA, as far as LA can care

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The research portion of the plan is this:

I am going down the list of each Lucas Arts person who was a part of KotOR 2, from the highest to the lowliest peon then pull a Michael Moore.  I should dub this "Gallo & Me."  :D  I want to know why the finished Movies and Music patch hasn't been release even though it is finished by Obsidian and why they have treated Obsidian poorly.

If I need help I have a load of volunteers ready to go.

Have you tried actually writing to someone like Mike Gallo? A written correspondence usually gets more recognition than a random email that's sent to a random Lucasarts email account.

In any case, even if your theory is correct, I doubt you're going to get a response from a higher up at Lucasarts saying "yeah, actually, we are trying to sabotage Obsidian. But pinky swear you won't repeat this, okay?".

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yup, which is why I'm wodnering why people ar emaking such a fuss. LA is a good publisher. They seemed to have no problem publishing all the other SW games they have including KOTOR; but because of one unreleased patch for KOTOR2; people are whining. Go figure.

LONG LIVE LA AND OBSIDIAN!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yup, which is why I'm wodnering why people ar emaking such a fuss. LA is a good publisher. They seemed to have no problem publishing all the other SW games they have including KOTOR; but because of one unreleased patch for KOTOR2; people are whining. Go figure.

It's not the patch, it's the principle of the thing. Big companies like EA and LA have never cared a thing about anything but money; the difference is that now people are actually doing something about it.

Speaking of which, whatever happended to Team Gizka and the Restoration?

sig2.gif

It's not the patch, it's the principle of the thing. Big companies like EA and LA have never cared a thing about anything but money; the difference is that now people are actually doing something about it.

You could try the website. Restoration Project They are still working. :thumbsup:

You could try the website. Restoration Project They are still working. :)

Thanks, I'd lost the address.

:o They work fast, don't they? I had thought with all the silence that they'd slowed down, but it looks to be quite the opposite.

sig2.gif

Viva La Resistance!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.