Me=tech help

Musopticon?

This is the jist: I know nothing about the inner workings of the hellboxes we use to connect to the great vast cyberspace, but my frien has decided that I do so I have to help him from time to time. And I susally can solve the odd driver and network problems he manages to create. This time however I'm at loss of words. Both to his pretty blindly obvious urges and my thumb-at-the-middle-of-my-handness. The bugger has downloaded something which he descripes as "Just a game. Period", which I automatically think as some kind of hentai. Oh well, the real wolrd hurts, I guess.

Anyway, after fuzzling around with it he proceeded delete, out of boredom or out of something not working properly(don't ask me), but the game .exe-file wouldn't delete. You know how Windoze sometimes is. Some process is using the file. But what? The bittorrent which he used to load it, is out. And how can he delete the file(which there's two actually, one on his desktop also)? Through dos somehow? BIOS?

Help him and you help me. My brains can't take it much longer. What a whiner.

Edit: And no. It's not my desktop or my download. But you get a cookie for trying to be witty. :ermm:

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Why, thank you mister Dragos. How very kind of you.

Edit: Too bad it didn't work.

Hah, he renamed the files in panic. But after using that deleter the names have shifted to other files. :ermm: Gunz Online is now named "jmk". How very peculiar.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Guest Fishboot

Did safe mode not work? Safe mode, delete the file, run a virus scan would be how I would handle it.

(Safe mode prevents most non-core processes from starting up)

It didn't work. We try command prompt. Though me not being at his rig probably hinders that effort somewhat.

kirottu said:

Kirottu for the win.

If the file is just locked for a random reason, that will fix it.

If it is spyware or a virus, then reboot to safe mode, or even better thrown in a Windows XP install disc and boot to recovery mode. The Windows kernel will be running off your CD and won't load any of the Windows files off your HDD really, so the virus won't be in play. You should have no problems deleting anything you want.

Thanks guys, we'll look into it.

kirottu said:

Works now.

kirottu said:

Keep pressing F8 after you've restarted it and it has not yet loaded Windows.

kirottu said: