What's in a name?

Cantousent

1? why? am not contesting or competing. use... or don't.

publius quintilius varus seems the mostest apropos but lit'l bunny fufu probably has best avatar options.

HA! Good Fun!

btw, we think it is probably foo foo instead o' fufu, but our way is more fun, no?

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

We can change our names together. If we're going to be Latinos, I think of myself as more of a Cicero. You can be Uerres. We'll be quite the pair.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Okay, if Crazy.Joe and Eru can change their names, why can't I?

I was thinking of changing my name, kind of like I did my avatar (thanks Calax!  you da man!  :shifty: )

Anyhow, what should my new name be?  Feel free to poke fun at me.  I might even go for a goofy or funny name.  The winner receives an extra +500 T.O.M.B.S. points!

So, be mean if you want.  I hope you're not meanspirited, but if you are, at least be meanspirited in an appropriate fashion.

How about, Social Animalcracker

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I think of myself as more of a Cicero. 

kinda an inflated opinion o' yerself, no? well good for you. self-esteem is important even if it is more self-delusion than anything.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Someone has to have a high opinion of me. Anyhow, someone has to be the Cicero of the forum. Do you suggest it's you? :Eldar's benevolent smile icon:

I think Forumus Noobus sounds about right. It has that ol' time religion feel.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

"Someone has to have a high opinion of me."

no

"Anyhow, someone has to be the Cicero of the forum. "

no

"Do you suggest it's you?"

lord no.

congrats... 3 strikes in one post.

HA! Good Fun!

If this were baseball, you'd be both teams and the umpire, Gromnir.

You're not only providing names, you're calling strikes and throwing wild pitches.

Seriously, though, I take it you don't think I rate a Cicero? How about Nero?

Obsidian Plays

wild pitches?

hmmmm.

'nother nickname comes to mind... meat.

as to nero... you play the fiddle?

*shrug*

what were nero's butler's name. maybe him you is rating.

HA! Good Fun!

If I'm meat, does that mean you want to grill me?

I've always thought you had a hell of a fastball, Gromnir. If you just had more control, you'd make it in the Show.

Still, you've given your suggestions for names. If you have more to pitch, please let me know. I'll take any pitch you can throw.

Obsidian Plays

"Kindergarten Cop" to celebrate your mod status in WoT :shifty:

"Mr. Verbosity" because of your wordcount :D

"Gandhi" because you always try the peaceful solution first :cool:

"Lorem Ipsum"... well figure that one out :p

"Euclid", well you try to teach us manners if nothing else :)

Could go on for a long time. Point is, it's pointless. You will always be "Eldar" ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes, but I believe he dies, doesn't he? ...But at least it was in old age.

Obsidian Plays

"If I'm meat, does that mean you want to grill me?"

eldar, eldar... puns?

" I'll take any pitch you can throw."

any clown can stand in there and swing. nevertheless, this is familiar territory for eldar and Gromnir, and if it makes you feel better to think you is holding your own then we is happy for you indeed... 'cause then you will keep on swinging.

in any event it is nice to see that the mod tag not prevent eldar from letting himself get caught up in this kinda nonsense... sorta reaffirms our faith in the human animal.

HA! Good Fun!

ps cicero? you cannot honestly be surprised that we would mock your attempt to compare self to cicero, can you?

maybe Gromnir will start comparing self to mother teresa.

I'm an illiterate, uncultured slob.

Who is this Cicero chap?

An old dead guy:

http://www.utexas.edu/depts/classics/documents/Cic.html

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I can't keep it up. I was going to suggest that I rename myself "mother" since you'd taken the role of "petulant child."

Seriously, though, I honestly thought that I would get some barbs from folks from the very beginning of the thread. Once you weighed in, I figured we could give a good show.

I actually used Cicero so that I could call you Verres, but you never took the bait on that one.

Obsidian Plays

in time of Caesar

I can't change my name anymore. I did, though. I changed my name for a few months on the IP boards. My name was Cantousent. I actually prefer that name, but changing your name is a pretty dramatic move on a message board. You can't write all those words words words without putting something of yourself in the name. I ended up with buyer's remorse and changed it back to Eldar.

So, while I would love to change my name, I didn't really figure I would when I created this thread. I might have, I guess, if something really funny or outright cool popped up. The thing is, there are tons of names that are funnier, cooler, or funnier and cooler than "Eldar." *shrug* ...But I'm just Eldar.

Obsidian Plays