Traya character you liked in K2

Which character did you like as a historian?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which character did you like as a historian?

• Kreia
    • Atris

Who you thought was appropriately seen as a character.

Were there things which one had that the other didn't?

And also for anything that people want to discuss about Kreia and Atris throughout K2.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I like Kreia more then Atris. I felt that Kreia was a much deeper character then Atris. I never liked Atris but I liked Kreia even though I never trusted her. She is probably one of the best Star Wars characters ever because of what she wants as a goal and how she manipulates. She kind of reminds me of Palpatine, Obi-Wan, and Jolee all mixed into one. Atris seems very one dimensional and she didn't seem to have a real role in the whole of things. She was made to seem like a bigger character then she turned out to be. <_<

I like Kreia more then Atris. I felt that Kreia was a much deeper character then Atris. I never liked Atris but I liked Kreia even though I never trusted her. She is probably one of the best Star Wars characters ever because of what she wants as a goal and how she manipulates. She kind of reminds me of Palpatine, Obi-Wan, and Jolee all mixed into one. Atris seems very one dimensional and she didn't seem to have a real role in the whole of things. She was made to seem like a bigger character then she turned out to be.  <_<

Kreia for being more developed as a character and her reasons for being a betrayer.

My thoughts exactly.

My favorite thing about Kreia is that, try as you may, you can't put her in a catagory. Darkside, Lightside, Jedi, or Sith, none of it applies to her. Like Revan (as they're depicted by Kriea), she doesn't choose a code to live by, she is simply true to herself. And that is what makes them so much more powerful, unpredictable, and, in the end, deeper than any other SW characters.

sig2.gif

Pff!! Kreia was darkside, no questions asked. :unsure: And she was most definitely Sith, no matter what anyone says. Even Atton says this in the game. (she is the third Sith Lord, after all)

But of the two, I liked Kreia better, simply because she seemed smarter than Atris, and Atris was the epitomy of Ice Queens. All she ever did was yell at your character. Her character wasn't the most well-written, either. And she has the nerve to keep your lightsaber. <_<

Pff!!  Kreia was darkside, no questions asked.  :unsure:  And she was most definitely Sith, no matter what anyone says.  Even Atton says this in the game.  (she is the third Sith Lord, after all)

But of the two, I liked Kreia better, simply because she seemed smarter than Atris, and Atris was the epitomy of Ice Queens.  All she ever did was yell at your character.  Her character wasn't the most well-written, either.  And she has the nerve to keep your lightsaber.  <_<

"That is my title, yes, but like you, it is not who I am."
sig2.gif

"All that talk about hatred, and manipulation, and standing on your own two feet?  Sorry, you don't get any more Sith than that."

You're quoting the guy that thinks Jedi are (intentionally) cruel and evil and is paranoid of droids? :unsure: I love Atton, but come on.

Hey, I'm not a huge fan of Atton, but he himself was a Sith one time, he should know. :D Besides Kreia was:

1. A liar

2. A manipulator

And if you look at everything she does in the game, I think you'll find that almost everything she does has some selfish motivation behind it. That, and the vast majority of influence options with her were DS, and she doesn't like it when your character does things she thinks are "too good".

EDIT: And while she may not have been a Sith in the sense that she wasn't part of their order, you can't deny that she shared many of their beliefs. She was very Sith in mindset I think, though she herself might not have believed it. And besides, we're talking about someone who wanted to destroy the force, here.

Arrgh! It's the "Was Kreia Evil?" thread all over again!

Edited by Mothman

Hey, I'm not a huge fan of Atton, but he himself was a Sith one time, he should know.  :D  Besides Kreia was:

1.  A liar

2.  A manipulator

I got news for you, the Jedi lie and manipulate, as well...and probably more so than the Sith because the Sith let their feelings show on the outside, regardless of the consequences. Jedi lie and manipulate all of the time because they feel that it will serve a greater good. Jedi lie and manipulate to avoid problems. Sith lie and manipulate to create them.

Both characters are about equal in my eyes, as their motivations are a bit shoddy.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Atris in her prime years...

I agree that Kreia ended up being the better character considering she is a main character and party member she definitely got the finishing touches while Atris got screwed over.

*goes back and looks at the Atris that never happened* :rolleyes:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I have to say Kreia, because the Atris charecter was really badly done. The worst of all is that Atris had a lot of potential. I mean all she does is sit in the Telos academy all day and nothing more. Her share of the stroy is quite small and her presence in the game is almost futile. There was a lot of concept for Atris, but because of reasons we are all aware of a party member/endgame villain/a good character got wasted and was turned to the pathetic character we see now. I voted for her because of that, and maybe becaues I pitty her.

P.S. The only person that is more screwed than her is poor Darth Nihilius.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Hey, I'm not a huge fan of Atton, but he himself was a Sith one time, he should know.  :D  Besides Kreia was:

1.  A liar

2.  A manipulator

I got news for you, the Jedi lie and manipulate, as well...and probably more so than the Sith because the Sith let their feelings show on the outside, regardless of the consequences. Jedi lie and manipulate all of the time because they feel that it will serve a greater good. Jedi lie and manipulate to avoid problems. Sith lie and manipulate to create them.

>_<

Sorry, but there's no way that statement is even close to being true. Go and read up a bit more on the Jedi and the Sith, then come back.

Urrr! Wrong!!

Kreia yelled at you if you killed random people just for the sake of killing them. Why? Simply because they didn't benefit your PC in any way. That is no way to be a proper Sith Lord. Kreia, however, would have no problem if you killed someone for your own benefit.

At least Atris' appearance was ok, although she looked like a cross between being young and old (especially with the white hair). Kreia's eyes were actually a surprise to me, and her pigtails of hair were a bit unusual for an old woman.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

At least Atris' appearance was ok, although she looked like a cross between being young and old (especially with the white hair).

The whole white theme with the hair and robes was supposed to have the whole beautiful-angelic-Jedi thing but in-game model lost this.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Ya, you know what god says about angels.........

No fatties

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Between Atris and Nihilus then, the 'devil' would be the latter. Thought that Kreia would be considered as the sign of evil. (Just stay on topic).

Deep from within...

朱宣澧