A couple of random Q's

Cactus

Well this really contains stuff that would fit in any of the forums, but since it has spoilers i thought it belonged here.

1: Has anyone ever broken Mira before? Somehow i did, her name dissapears from everything, so for example when you click on her you just see the blue health bar without her name above it. And on her summary is just says "Level "x" scout" without her name. I can talk to her about seemingly anything but i cannot make her jedi, i even tried editing my influence with her and it didnt make a difference.

2: Once you have the feat "finesse: lightsaber" which enables you to use dexterity as your modifier instead of strength, is there any reason at all to put points into strength or does it become a null skill?

3:Even though the modifiers for lightsaber crystals dont stack, they still give the correct bonuses. This isnt a question, its just something i found out and though it was interesting.

4: For some reason when i played Oonderon (i think thats the right one) and i side with the queen, i always have to fight the jedi master, even though i had LS mastery, it just seemed wierd and only happened the once.

5: I'm on my 3rd playthrough and i didnt get any extra dialouge :thumbsup:

6: I normaly manage to get my party members (or at least some of them) to hit DS or LS mastery, yet for some reason on this playthrough they all stop at 99%. An interesting note is that when i tried using cheats to give them a couple more LS points it wouldnt work. Somehow the cheat for adding LS and DS points has been disabled on my party members. Wierd.

7: Random item generator infuriates me, this around my 10th playthrough all in all and i only just got a short lightsaber.

8: I'm also annoyed theres no prestige level for grey jedis.

9: Has anyone here played through the game using a yellow lightsaber? It seems to be the least used one from my experience.

Aaand i'm done. Just some random things i needed to get off my chest.

I just found out another thing, you need to place 4 mines on each minefield on dantooine to complete that mini-quest. I always put 3 on each one and never noticed anything new, assumed it to be a broken quest. Goes to show you can always find out new things :wub: It also triggered Dolpak to side with me instead of the guy invading the building.

1. wierd, that's never happened to me before...

2. finesse makes the attack become based on dexterity (if it's higher than your strength) but the DAMAGE is still strength-based

3. i never bothered stacking them, so i didn't notice that

4. it happens when you side with the queen? that's odd...

5. i didn't either :thumbsup:

6. that's happened to me many times. some people have said you have to be a jedi master to get your companions to get mastery, but in my first game i was a weaponmaster, and it worked for me.

7. that gets really annoying when that happens, just save beforehand and reload if you get something you don't want

8. just go 3/4 of the way DS or LS, and then go back the other way

9. in my game at the moment i'musing a single yellow saber. it looks kinda cool :wub:

as for that Dantooine quest, i've only done that like once or twice. the rest of the time i just pick up those mines for some quick exp :D

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Regarding the Dantooine quest where mines are placed on the field, if you place more than 4 on both minefields towards east and west, you can unlock a movie where there are more than four explosions as mercenaries cross the bridge (around 6+). Think you would have to put at least 6+ mines for both fields.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I managed to break Handmaiden. When we were sparring I thought I would break the rules and use force powers. I stuck the force chokeon her and to my surprise her health went to zero and her corpse was lying in the cargo hold of the Ebon Hawk.

When I left the ship and entered the party select screen Handmaiden's spot just said

"I am broken, so very broken"

Pretty weird huh.

maybe you shouldn't use the cheats

I knew someone would say that... To be honest i havnt used cheats for K2 aside from once when i got sick of dying (bad quicksave) and for item getting. Cheats, if used correctly, shouldnt be the cause of the little glitches i've mentioned.

For example the party members not hitting mastery and mira being broken, both of those were without cheats. I mentioned i used cheats but that was to test out the bugs AFTER i had them.

Regarding the Dantooine quest where mines are placed on the field, if you place more than 4 on both minefields towards east and west, you can unlock a movie where there are more than four explosions as mercenaries cross the bridge (around 6+). Think you would have to put at least 6+ mines for both fields.

Damn! I wish i had known that, i'll try that my next LS playthrough.

I downloaded the Savegame editor now to fiddle, and i managed to give Mira her name back, but she still wont turn jedi and my teammates still have their force alighment locked. If i use cheats to fiddle however i can change Kreias... which is just plain wierd.

In regards to ls/ds factors... I am not 100% certain to this nor how it would calculate, but it would seem your party member's ls/ds is based in part on your influence... so if you set it too high in an editor, the values becomes skewed.

I say this because first time I messed with KSE, I jacked everyones influence up to 1000 and as soon I grouped with a party member, they became insta 95% DS.

I didn't bother to play around with it much beyond setting all the align's to zero (Kreia's always defaulted to neutral regardless) and jacking influence to 100 (LS character, mind you... I imagine it would work either way?)

I have noticed something about party members achieving light/dark mastery. My party members were on 99% light from a really long time, so I used cheat codes to get the maximum amount of light side points. The character got the sign "light mastery +3 con", but the constitution and vitality points were unchanged. The same thing happened with all my jedi party members(including Kreia :D ) and there was no change in the attributes. The same thing happened with dark side mastery. The only time when the mastery actualy gave the bonus it was suppose to give, was during the jungle expedition on Dxun, but the only character that recieved the bonus was the leader(Mira in my case). By leader I mean the person you have set as the leader back in the Mandalorian camp. Changing the party leader with the "tab" key did absolutely nothing.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

"I am broken, so very broken"

I had that error once, for a totally differant reason. Found it funny myself heh.

In regards to ls/ds factors... I am not 100% certain to this nor how it would calculate, but it would seem your party member's ls/ds is based in part on your influence... so if you set it too high in an editor, the values becomes skewed.

I say this because first time I messed with KSE, I jacked everyones influence up to 1000 and as soon I grouped with a party member, they became insta 95% DS.

I would have put my error down to cheating/KSE if i had infact used it before i had the problem, also i know the correct values for influence and alignment after a bit of fiddling. A party members alignment is swayed to match yours depending how much influence you have with them. There are exeptions to this, such as Kreia whom stays neutral throughout the game.

I have noticed something about party members achieving light/dark mastery. My party members were on 99% light from a really long time, so I used cheat codes to get the maximum amount of light side points. The character got the sign "light mastery +3 con", but the constitution and vitality points were unchanged. The same thing happened with all my jedi party members(including Kreia :D ) and there was no change in the attributes. The same thing happened with dark side mastery. The only time when the mastery actualy gave the bonus it was suppose to give, was during the jungle expedition on Dxun, but the only character that recieved the bonus was the leader(Mira in my case).  By leader I mean the person you have set as the leader back in the Mandalorian camp. Changing the party leader with the "tab" key did absolutely nothing.

Now i didnt know that! the only reason i was bothered about the Alignment of my party was because of the bonus for mastery. I'm guessing only the PC recives the bonus, which explains why mira got it because the game would treat mira as the PC during the dxun section.

Interesting stuff, thanks for the replies :blink:

Yeah, i discovered that when i added persuade to miras abilities (my first playthrough ever of kotor2) then i got annoyed that it was useless. I assumed that if you had someone in your party that knew it, that there might be a use for it later in the level.

In reality it was just a waste of a force power.

About your dialog question. I didn't realy play darkside becaues I was lazy. As far as I know your alignment determines the end of the game, so right before my fight with Kreia I typed the cheat code for maximum dark side points. I the end I got the dark side end movies, I figured that I had tricked the game. I started a new game recently to hear some of the new dialoge( I read somewhere here that Atton says "Are you an angel" to the female Exile). Well, I didn't get anything new when I met Atton, so I quitted the game. Is there such a dialog? Or I have a problem with the game?

Anway, I discovered that your Charisma indeed increases your influence quite a lot. Because of that Mandalore, Hk-47, and G0t0 constantly change their alignments :rolleyes:

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

I think Charisma modifier of PC increases party characters' attacks. Usually, Jedi Masters/Consulars and Sith Lords would be high on that. So allies get the increase from the modifier. (Apart from Persuade)

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Well, after finishing all the main planets except one, mira decided she would infact let me train her to be a jedi.

Shes now level 27 though, so teaching her to be a jedi isnt gonna be worth much as i can only get 4-5 levels out of it >_<

Alignment is still locked however, and if i edit it with KSE it just sets it back to being 99% LS.

I tried fiddling with strength in game, i always through if i got lightsaber finesse i wouldnt need strength. I now regret having a level 27 jedi weaponsmaster with about 8 points on strength with the -2 modifier for having less than 10 >_<

Live and learn i guess...

You can leave her at level 6, which was what I did with Bao-Dur until I was able to get him to gain levels in the Jedi Guardian class. Holding levels back till you get a confirmation of willingness for Jedi training.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I had a female Jedi Master, with LSmastery, and at least Atton and Mira received LSmastery as well. The bonuses worked in my game. I have no mods or editors or cheats etc, except both official updates. Maybe the updates fixed something?

Dunno.:wub:

Really? That's interesting, but is it required to be a Jedi Master/Sth Lord so that other characters get Light/dark mastery? My sentinel/watchman was ultra LIGHT and most of the characters were 99% light. I continued to do good deeds until the end of the game and they were still 99% LS. It could depend on the influence, but even with maximum amount of inf. they didn't get mastery. :) ( that was long before I started to use cheat codes)

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

7: Random item generator infuriates me, this around my 10th playthrough all in all and i only just got a short lightsaber.

As for the random lightsaber, if you have already gotten all the items for it and have Bao-Dur craft one for you, you can get another one from Visas. (By the way, it is random) I reloaded 1-2 times and got another single lightsaber. (Except to have to fight Visas twice)

The one time where you might probably get a short lightsaber is the one where Dhagon Gent on Onderon gives you an item after bailing him out.

Another area you can search for lightsabers is in the sith tomb on Korriban. (Ludo Kresh's sarcophagus) Lonna Vash's corpse yields another lightsaber (Random).

Just reload after saving your game before trying to see what lightsaber you get.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I never actually got the random loot generator to work in my favor, i saved before talking to a vendor, then talked and then reloaded, but everytime the same things were being sold.

I feel ripped off.

I only got the loot generator to work in my favor once, I think on my 3rd playthrough. I had around 10 single lightsabers, 17 robes, and I even found an ultima-pearl on one of the sith corpses on Korriban. Although I never got that lucky again, since the loot generator never worked in my favor before or after the 3rd playthrough. I got a Solari crystal once and that was when I was playing DS, so you can see how lucky I am ( the restarting only worked on lightsabers, not robes or crystals for me).

As for the random lightsaber, if you have already gotten all the items for it and have Bao-Dur craft one for you, you can get another one from Visas. (By the way, it is random) I reloaded 1-2 times and got another single lightsaber. (Except to have to fight Visas twice)

The one time where you might probably get a short lightsaber is the one where Dhagon Gent on Onderon gives you an item after bailing him out.

Another area you can search for lightsabers is in the sith tomb on Korriban. (Ludo Kresh's sarcophagus) Lonna Vash's corpse yields another lightsaber (Random).

Just reload after saving your game before trying to see what lightsaber you get.

Just to add on (and for random trivia), you can get lightsabers (or pieces thereof) in a lot of places. You get:

- Ebon Hawk: Defeat Visas

- Dantooine: Save/kill Jorran (not sure about the kill part)

- Dantooine: Change the salvager's will and talk to Zherron

- Dantooine: End of Battle of Khoonda from Vrook dead or alive

- Dxun: Random Cannok

- Dxun: Blow up the cache for Mandalore and tell him you did so

- Onderon: Free Dhagon Ghent

- Nar Shaddaa: Complete Lootra/Aaida quest

- Nar Shaddaa: Vogga's storeroom thingo in Vogga's Hoard

- Korriban: Vash's corpse

- Tomb of Ludo Kressh: Defeat Revan vision

- Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Sith Master yields a Double-Bladed Red Lightsaber

- Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Freedon Nadd's Short Lightsaber from his corpse at the back of the final room

- Onderon Palace: Storeroom that requires repaired key sequence (66-45-39)

- Trayus Academy: First Elite Sith Assassin yields a Short Viridian Lightsaber

- Trayus Academy: Defeat Darth Sion

- Trayus Academy: Various lightsaber-wielders may drop lightsabers (not sure)

Those are all the ones I can remember off the top of my head, there may be more. If you save before the delivery point (or checking the corpse, depending on the place), you may get different kinds and colours of lightsaber. I've found that I mostly get yellow, purple and sometimes green lightsabers the majority of the time. I have never received a blue or a silver lightsaber, but I've gotten the rare colours (cyan and bronze) a couple of times.

I never actually got the random loot generator to work in my favor, i saved before talking to a vendor, then talked and then reloaded, but everytime the same things were being sold.

I feel ripped off.

That's because the stuff they sell is determined upon entering that area for the first time. So if you want to use the save-reload method on merchants and stuff, save before entering their area and try again if you get stuff you don't want.