Does anyone have a link to Sammael's BG3 FAQ?

Jumjalum

PM Sammael? He's a board member.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Man, I doubt even a completely finished Jefferson could possibly live up to the coolness I envision when I read that FAQ. Thanks for the link Sammael. :thumbsup:

Here's the link for anyone who wants to read it.

http://baator.cjb.cc/jefferson/index.html

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

I just re-read my own FAQ. It's amazing how much time I put into that thing, only to learn of the game's demise (I think I was one of the first fans to know, but I kept quiet to avoid outcry).

For some reason, the stylesheets don't work at all in Firefox. If I ever find the time, I'll have to fix that.

Info missing from the FAQ: Jefferson was Baldur's Gate III: The Black Hound, the first part of a new epic trilogy set in the Forgotten Realms. It had lots of moral ambiguity and "shades of gray" style of play, and WotC would have likely had a problem with that. It had some very interesting "villains," and some very interesting "allies." At least two characters from IWD2 would have made an appearance in-game: Maralie (as a CNPC) and Iselore (as a cameo). There were numerous factions in the game. The game world changed with the passage of time. Skills were used extensively in dialogues.

On the other hand, the graphics engine kinda sucked to work with, although the end results were quite good (so I was told).

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Mozilla screams that the IE rendering engine doesn't work properly. Microsoft says the Mozilla rendering engine doesn't work properly.

All I know is that when I code valid HTML (checked by the W3C's validator) that it often doesn't show properly in Firefox. As much as I like Firefox, I think they need to fix the rendering engine.

All I know is that when I code valid HTML (checked by the W3C's validator) that it often doesn't show properly in Firefox.  As much as I like Firefox, I think they need to fix the rendering engine.

Could you show me a piece of HTML code that works properly in IE, is successfully validated by the http://validator.w3.org/ and shows up faulty in Firefox? I tried to google for it, but I can't seem to find it. Weird, since in the piece I quoted from you, you say that it "often doesn't show properly in Firefox". Often?

Oh, and the link provided by Sammael had 86 errors in the validator.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Almost every website I've ever done has had that very problem, namely the Dark Side of Eden chapter webpage, my old personal webpage, my friend's poetry page, the Martin Private Patrol page, my current homepage, projectfanout.com, etc.

validator.w3.org validated the code just fine, but colors didn't display correctly. IE read the CSS just fine, but Firefox wouldn't. I had to put redundant code in for the colors.

I'm normally a big supporter of Firefox on the whole, but there are issues with Firefox's rendering engine. The geek community however is generally too pro-Firefox and anti-Microsoft to ever admit there is a fault with Firefox.

Oh, and the link provided by Sammael had 86 errors in the validator.

That's not surprising, considering that A) I wasn't using Firefox at the time, B) it looked good in Opera, and C) it looked even better in IE. Add to that D) the lack of time, and E) some very problematic JavaScript I was working on at the time, and the picture is complete.

From some of my more recent experiences, both IE and Firefox have rendering engine problems with W3C compliant code, although they are more pronounced in IE than in Firefox.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Is there a particular reason for roshan's new typing style?

I'm a bit worried about the amount of support Neverwinter Nights 2 will be given. I mean, it's an extremely complex product they're trying to create and no matter what, it'll need a few patches along the way. What if it receives the same attention from Obsidian that KotOR2 did after release..? Unless LucasArts actively hinders patches from being released, it's quite clear by now that Obsidian does not care to work 'for free' on patches. Which is quite a disappointment either way.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I'm a bit worried about the amount of support Neverwinter Nights 2 will be given. I mean, it's an extremely complex product they're trying to create and no matter what, it'll need a few patches along the way. What if it receives the same attention from Obsidian that KotOR2 did after release..? Unless LucasArts actively hinders patches from being released, it's quite clear by now that Obsidian does not care to work 'for free' on patches. Which is quite a disappointment either way.

Feargus said in some point during highest uproar of the condition of Kotor 2 that they have hired their own QA section. Nathaniel Chapman is one of the new QA people.

But, yeah, it worries me too.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.