Image makeover

Atreides

Does my new avatar give a more positive impression?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Does my new avatar give a more positive impression?

• Yes
    • No
    • Known Atreides long enough so that imrpessions do not rely on avatars
    • Who is Atreides
    • Mmm, spam.

I changed my avatar of a fiery vague silhouette of a head into an anime dude with red hair. Has your perception of me changed?

:sorcerer:

To show this is not purely spam, I shall propose a discussion on how visual representation forms impressions in a text-based communication form removed from face-to-face interaction.

Discuss (the former).

Spreading beauty with my katana.

It looks like a chick, not a dude.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Hmmm, if you posted a pic of your old avatar, then i will be able to make a more informed decision, as my memory is crap :D.

P.S. Yes it does look more like a chick, I think its because of the pointy chin.

I didn't really get your old avatar, Atreides. I like the new one better.

Also, if folks aren't nice to Atreides, I might have to hurt them. :Eldar's looking mighty pissed about the reception of an old IP friend icon:

On the other hand, you've been around long enough that your avatar doesn't really change my perception.

However, I would like to say that it's been a long time since I've even entertained an avatar. Any suggestions for my new avatar? No, I won't use anime, as much as I appreciate how well others use it.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Mahdi! Mahdi! MAHDI! Bow before Muad'Dib! MAH....what was the question again?

EDit: Oh, yeah I remeber you. That name is a bit hard to forget. New avatar is okay, you just managed to make a change for more generic. Your previous one was more original. But whatever. I can't help but to think about Dune when I see your name. How about changing the avatar to reflect that?

Just tossing ideas here. Hope they hit something.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Geez, everyone changed their avatar, didn't they? (Including me, that is.)

For me, the avatar changes how I see them physically, but not my impression of them. Does that make sense?

For example: Darth Flatus (wherever he is). I visualized him as his avatar at the time, but in my mind he was still that weird green haired clown thing because that was his avatar when I first started posting. It's sort of like getting a new hair cut; you look different, but you don't seem different.

sig2.gif

Don't forget that this is a general thread of image makeovers. I've very rarely spent a lot of time thinking of what avatar I'd use. I've spent the majority of my time, on every board, without any avatar at all. SO, when we're done giving the Atreides a hard time, maybe you guys would be so kind as to offer suggestions to yours truly regarding a new avatar.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

So, do I appear as the Shoveller to you?

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

You appear as a weirdo to me! :D

No, because you haven't had the new avatar long enough. You're still that old pixies rock album cover to me. With a bad attitude!

Obsidian Plays

I actually thought your avvie was Eastwood at first. What's it supposed to be?

Oh, and Eldar; how about googling "Eldar" and seeing what comes up?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

He is The Shoveller form the movie Mystery Men.

He is an average guy/superhero who weilds a shovel. He was born with a talent, and he uses his talent to fight crime with the rest of the gang.

And that talent is?

kirottu said:

Mus? is any number of vague, faceless, humanoid creatures in my mind.

Now that you mention it; most of my avatars have had their faces hidden.

kirottu said:

Mushroom boy?

kirottu said: