I need some computer help.

thepixiesrock

I have this problem, I gat a lot of pop-ups, but not regular pop-ups. When I run a scan of my computer, it says I have some trojan dropper something. I had AdBlocker or something , but the trial period ran out. So my question is, how do I get rid of that trojan droper thing, or, what is a good pop-up blocker for that kind of thing?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I have two virus programs, one running and one in reserve for 'contract' work. I also have adaware blocker, and spybot search and destroy running. Kills everything dead. The antivirusware is expensive, but the other stuff is free.

I strongly suggest you load up. Viruses and spyware are no-longer just a nuisance.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

My antivirus is AVG, I have spyware blaster and spybot search and destroy. I don't know how to use this stuff to block/get rid of trojans though.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I strongly suggest you load up. Viruses and spyware are no-longer just a nuisance.

:ermm: Sounds like some kind of advertisement for it.

I too have got a lot of Norton anti-virus and spyware/adware stopper programs on my computer at the moment. About a week ago I had a trojan on my computer that loaded up a search engine on my desktop every time i started up, which I couldn't get rid of. I sent my computer off to PCWorld for a Healthcheck and that deleted it, so I can only recommend that kind of thing :thumbsup:.

:(

ClamWin Antivirus

AVG Free Edition

Zone Alarm Firewall

Microsoft Antispyware

Ad-Aware (Spyware remover)

Spybot Seach & Destroy (Spyware remover)

Hijack This (be careful with this one if you don't know how to use it) and CWShredder (removes CoolWebSearch spyware) can be found here - http://merijn.org/downloads.html

Also, if you haven't already, use Firefox as your browser. It's updated quite often so check for it every now and then.

:lol: Sounds like some kind of advertisement for it.

:luck:

Sadly it is a fact that I get every single line of my dialogue from adverts. Even this one.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Find the exact name of the trojan and do a Google search for it.

To make sure you don't get new viruses and spyware, I recommend you do the following:

Use Firefox.

Install a HOSTS file.

Install Spybot Search and Destroy. It can immunize your system against Spyware as well as remove it.

Install Adaware.

And believe it or not, Microsoft has a really good beta Spyware program that will prevent Spyware and viruses.

Thatnks fellas. I'll see how googling it works out.

As I said, I have AVG, Spyware Blaster, and Spybot: Search and Destroy.

Housecall is an online virus scan. It isn't installed, but I use it to backup AVG. AVG is free and quite good, but somepeople insist that it doesn't catch everything, so I do Housecall checks from time to time.

If you use Firefox, you won't get popups at all.

I also like Maxthon, which is like a Firefox-esque version of IE. It blocks pop-ups, float ads, pop-unders, ActiveX scripts, etc.

It has all the security of Firefox, but uses the IE rendering engine. But I didn't want to start a browser arguement.

When all else fails, re-format.

Once you learn to keep your system organized in such a way as to make it a fairly simple process to save the files you must have, it's really pretty painless to reformat.

Tho the re-installs of software is always a pain.

I've known people who've spent hours to get rid of a virus/trojan when it'd take half that time just to re-format/re-install everything. :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts