War!

In Ep. 1 we here Sio Bibble say, "There hasn't been a full scale war since the formation of the republic." Why would he say that when there is tons of war and its 20,000 years after the formation of the republic.

and I now realize that this should go in an off topic forum so could somebody please move it. Thanks.

Edited by darthbass123

In Ep. 1 we here Sio Bibble say, "There hasn't been a full scale war since the formation of the republic." Why would he say that when there is tons of war and its 20,000 years after the formation of the republic.

Because the video games and EU have nothing to do with the movies.

Except for the fact that they are based on the same concept and have related characters.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I beleive the word is cannon.

The EU and video games are not cannon.

They are not considered "starwars fact".

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Actually everything Star Wars is continuity, unless of course it has a infinites label.

What Palpatine was talking about was when the Republic was reformed. During the New Sith Wars, the Darth Bane era, the Republic was sin messed up pretty badly. When the war was over it was rebuilt.

So thus the 1000 years means when the Republic was reformed after the New Sith Wars. Bibble is meaning the same thing.

KOTOR 2 must be completed

Actually everything Star Wars is continuity, unless of course it has a infinites label.

What Palpatine was talking about was when the Republic was reformed. During the New Sith Wars, the Darth Bane era, the Republic was sin messed up pretty badly. When the war was over it was rebuilt.

So thus the 1000 years means when the Republic was reformed after the New Sith Wars. Bibble is meaning the same thing.

Source? I seem to remeber the republic being called the government that survived for 5000 years. Anyway, From what I can tell full scale war means that they didn't actually have to use their full force in any other wars. Mind you When TPM came out the K1 wasn't out yet.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I can't remember the exact quote so I'm probably not aware of the full context, but perhaps he's referring purely to Naboo? Naboo hasn't been in a full-scale war since the formation of the Republic or something - and that can be a time scale of 1,000, 5,000 or 20,000 years. That perhaps would make more sense. If the latter - then they have been lucky in some respects not to fall to Mandalorians or Sith like several planets in the KOTOR games, but then again, why would anyone bother with Naboo? It just seems that (I presume) Palpatine was from Naboo, and what could be better than tricking someone into attacking and devastating your own planet and then surging up the ranks either through sympathy votes or powerful speeches?

The K2 game showed how war drained the Republic and weakened it considerably. Peragus II being partially blown open was a major mitigating factor for the Republic within the K2 storyline as it was a reduction in fuel supply. Not to mention Sion smashing the chunks of asteroids while the EH left the facility. This is mentioned when the PC meets G0T0 on his yacht where the Republic lacks infrastructure.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I depends on who you talk to, some say EU is set fact in StarWars, others do not, but when looking at what is said in the movies, then looking at EU, if anything contradicts the movies, it is wrong, and the movies are right.

well thats what we'd like to think. if LA ****s up a huge one again theyll make another ****ty game(purely LA made, i love obsidian) to fix their mistake because they can afford it and it keeps us interested in starwars cuz we're like HOLY **** GEORGE LUCAS YOU BASTARD LOOK WHAT YOU MISSED/DID  and therefore dig deeper into the starwras stuff and buy the game/rent it to see the ****ty plot fix, and argue about what should be/been therefore keeping interest whether positive or negative on starwars. personally im sick of LA and the games they make.

boonta racing or w/e the **** it was sucked. id rather play taps with my testicles than play that game

You need to calm down and stop whinning.

well thats what we'd like to think. if LA ****s up a huge one again theyll make another ****ty game(purely LA made, i love obsidian) to fix their mistake because they can afford it and it keeps us interested in starwars cuz we're like HOLY **** GEORGE LUCAS YOU BASTARD LOOK WHAT YOU MISSED/DID  and therefore dig deeper into the starwras stuff and buy the game/rent it to see the ****ty plot fix, and argue about what should be/been therefore keeping interest whether positive or negative on starwars. personally im sick of LA and the games they make.

boonta racing or w/e the **** it was sucked. id rather play taps with my testicles than play that game

:o:devil: I'll take your word for it considering i never played Boonta Race. :">

Actually, the KOTOR 1 & 2 storylines are indeed slightly interpretative: Not an absolute certainty about there being only one way for things to occur.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Source? I seem to remeber the republic being called the government that survived for 5000 years. Anyway, From what I can tell full scale war means that they didn't actually have to use their full force in any other wars. Mind you When TPM came out the K1 wasn't out yet.

LFL is as good a source as any. IT was one of their Essential Guides can't remember which. And no it wasn't 5000 years, Palpatine said 1000 years. Which connects with bibbles line and the reforming of the government after the New Sith Wars.

From 1000 year to TPM there were no FULL SCALE WARS. So see there is no problem.

continuity-wise the Republic is 5000-years old

movie-wise it is 1000-years old

so we have a case of a man who has never read an EU novel or comic (GL) haphazardly trumping continuity with movie canon? perhaps.

but like anything else, this problem can be solved by continuity. the answer that fixes the problem is that, while the Republic may be 5,000 years old, it was really just a feudal system in Republic drag until the time of Darth Bane.

It is only when Bane's Sith Rule of Two came about and also the demise of Bane that a *true* Republic system was in control of the galaxy. Before Bane, there was a Republic structure but no lasting peace.

If you think about it, it is that more "feudal Republic" that defines the KOTOR era. The KOTOR era is, essentially, the window of time between the rise of Exar Kun and the demise of Darth Bane.

continuity-wise the Republic is 5000-years old

movie-wise it is 1000-years old

so we have a case of a man who has never read an EU novel or comic (GL) haphazardly trumping continuity with movie canon?  perhaps.

but like anything else, this problem can be solved by continuity.  the answer that fixes the problem is that, while the Republic may be 5,000 years old, it was really just a feudal system in Republic drag until the time of Darth Bane.

It is only when Bane's Sith Rule of Two came about and also the demise of Bane that a *true* Republic system was in control of the galaxy.  Before Bane, there was a Republic structure but no lasting peace.

If you think about it, it is that more "feudal Republic" that defines the KOTOR era.  The KOTOR era is, essentially, the window of time between the rise of Exar Kun and the demise of Darth Bane.

Actually the Republic is 25000 years old. Movie wise is speaking of the reforming of the government after hte New Sith Wars.

Actually the Republic is 25000 years old. Movie wise is speaking of the reforming of the government after hte New Sith Wars.

I think the problem lies in the question "what is the Old Republic?" Because, correct me if I am wrong but, continuity-wise, there is only the Old Republic, Galactic Empire (movie era) and New Republic (post-movie, Vong era).

In a sense, the demise of Bane gave way to a "new Republic" but that term cannot be used because it is already in use. I think, eventually, we will see constructs such as 1st Republic, 2nd Republic, etc.

I think the problem lies in the question "what is the Old Republic?" Because, correct me if I am wrong but, continuity-wise, there is only the Old Republic, Galactic Empire (movie era) and New Republic (post-movie, Vong era).

In a sense, the demise of Bane gave way to a "new Republic" but that term cannot be used because it is already in use. I think, eventually, we will see constructs such as 1st Republic, 2nd Republic, etc.

It was just a reforming of the Old Republic. the New Republic was an entirely different structure, as was the Empire, Alliance of Free Planets, and Galactic Alliance of Free Planets.

When the Old Republic was reformed it was still the same governement with a Chancellor and everything. Thus it's still the Old Republic.

It was just a reforming of the Old Republic. the New Republic was an entirely different structure, as was the Empire, Alliance of Free Planets, and Galactic Alliance of Free Planets.

When the Old Republic was reformed it was still the same governement with a Chancellor and everything. Thus it's still the Old Republic.

And yet you claim that it was a different government. I say if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and fly's like a duck, it is a duck. same with the republic.

He doesn't know wthe history of the Republic as well as he should.

Plus his statement is illogical. In the 20,000 years there's bound to be full scale wars. It's the nature of sentient beings.

Can't really claim anything since it was all made offical by LFL. What you say I claimed was that the Old Republic was REFORMED after the New Sith Wars. I never said it was a different government.

So your saying that The Sith War, Jedi Civil and about a thousand other brush conficts didn't cound because the government reformed? That sounds like saying that the Revolutionary war (american) didn't count because we had to rebuild washington DC after the War of 1812

Can't really claim anything since it was all made offical by LFL. What you say I claimed was that the Old Republic was REFORMED after the New Sith Wars. I never said it was a different government.

So your saying that The Sith War, Jedi Civil and about a thousand other brush conficts didn't cound because the government reformed? That sounds like saying that the Revolutionary war (american) didn't count because we had to rebuild washington DC after the War of 1812

What are you talking about? Of course they count, but all those wars happened before the reformation of the Republic after the last Galactic War in the New Sith Wars. The Republic wasn't hurt terribly in any of those other wars.

There was no a full scale war during the 1000 years between the NSW's and TPM.