Vrook Lamar, Best Jedi Master?

Kreia would probably be difficult, but not impossible to kill. If someone is a veteran at stealthing through entire groups of either jedi or sith, together with a penchant for subtle manipulation and silent betrayal, it would not help to have someone like that for an ally.

She is a consular who is quite disturbing in many ways as she has some abilities that jedi masters lack.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I must say that Obsidian corrected Vrook in a huge way. Bioware created this character as a whining old **** but OE transformed him into a ass-kicking, cool grandpa.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Favorite Vrook quotes:

"I see you insist on wandering the halls of our Enclave when you should be busy studying your lessons."

"Hmps! Well, get along then! Maybe you'll find the time to do something useful."

"Such pride. Such Aroogance. Ach. This one is already on the path to the dark side."

"Vandar : She said that she has felt your presence within the dream, the presence she has felt within you ever since ...

Vrook: Master Vandar!

Vandar : ever since Taris, It is not unknown for this to happen to two people strong in the force."

"Khoonda is in danger, and you've ruined the best chance of averting a full scale conflict. Though perhaps that was your intent.Don't think that I can't sense the taint of the dark side in you. "

"Are you arrogant enough to think you can divide your attention while fighting me?{condescending}You think you can learn my technique just by watching me? It takes a Jedi Master years to perfect it."

"Are you sure that Revan is truly dead? What if we were to undertake this one, and the Dark Lord should return? "

Now that I think of Kreia's image, with the braided white tails of hair she has, her appearance is like that of a cross between the Emperor in ROTJ and an ancient Egyptian mummy within a sarcophagus that has the head of the sphinx, which has been around for millennia.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Nah, I have always loved the 'Yoda's', Vandar should definately have featured to teach you the Ataru form , maybe the developers found it too difficult to put in a new style of fighting with him as he's so differant to other force users.

I don't know if Vrook is the best master (although he is the toughest in combat, strangely) but he is a great character. I like him because he is so much like a normal person. Atris is well on her way down the dark path, but Vrook isn't really evil. However, of all the Jedi masters you seek out, he has the most glaring personal flaws. When the little blurbs pop up during loading and mention how some Jedi blame the Council for the Jedi Civil War, when Atton and Disciple talk about Jedi arrogance, I get the feeling that Vrook is supposed to embody those flaws, the removal of the Jedi from the "common people". In the LS encounter at the Enclave, he doesn't even consider that he could be wrong about the Exile and his relationship to the Sith assassins. Instead, he acts in wilfull ignorance.

In a way he's like Kreia, he doesn't seem to ever doubt his assumptions too much. Even though you can make good arguements to Atris about going to the Mandalorian Wars against the Jedi Council's wishes, Vrook just says that the consequences prove it was wrong. He certainly has a point, you can't ignore the consequences, but I get the feeling that too many Jedi like Vrook were to quick to reject the idea that the Jedi should join the battle. Aside from Kreia, who was banished about that time, I don't remember hearing about any Jedi Masters going with the Jedi who followed Revan. If they had put aside their arrogance, their passivity, their fear even, then maybe they could have helped those Jedi who fought beside the Republic to resist the aweful toll of war and fight the call of the dark side. Indeed, it would have probably been impossible for Revan to create those dark side echoes without the Jedi Masters noticing. Instead Vrook and the other Jedi who stayed behind did nothing to help the Republic or their students, and we never hear if they even tried to find the shadowy threat that they felt was behind the Mandalorian aggression. Oops.

Bah, Vrook was one of the whineyst flawed characters i've ever seen I think that obsidian did right by killing Vrook.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Nah, I have always loved the  'Yoda's', Vandar should definately have featured to teach you the Ataru form , maybe the developers found it too difficult to put in a new style of fighting with him as he's so differant to other force users.

Vandar was pathetic Yoda clone. He shouldn't even be in that game.

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Vrook was an egotistical, arrogant, short-sighted, and hypocritical Jedi Master. He was definitely not the greatest Jedi Master of his age, let alone of all time. In my opinion, he got worse in K2 as a character. And for all his "badassness", Kreia, who couldn't even defeat Sion, kills him in about two seconds.

Yoda is a far greater Jedi Master than Vrook could ever hope to be. :thumbsup:

Vrook is arrogant and short sighted if you ask me, he believes the light side and himself to be the almighty.

he is easy to kill whatever setting you use, Kreia and Sion on the other hand are pretty solid unless like me you use a save game editor to change things :wub:

nah, they fell before my might in a few slashes all too easily.

Nah, I have always loved the  'Yoda's', Vandar should definately have featured to teach you the Ataru form , maybe the developers found it too difficult to put in a new style of fighting with him as he's so differant to other force users.

It would almost be like trying to feature Yoda in AoTC with a lightsaber against Dooku. Yoda was animated to be so swift and fast that he probably needed no lightsaber forms for force enhancement.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Vrook is the ultimate light side master, anakin will never be a jedi if there was a Vrook in the Council and the republic will never fall, if he managed to stop Revan and Malak from goin to war, they wun becum sith and there will be no more sith after Exar Kun