Favorite Game Villan

Calax

Post your favorite game villan and why...

Sephiroth because he's just flat out cool that way. so nyaaaah

Edit: dang my avatar isn't working rassafrassa

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:ph34r:

My favorite game villain would be Constantine/Trickster from Thief 1. Or his consort Victoria. Constantine was an eccentrist noble facade for a nature deity of chaos and wilderness. The main character of Thiefs, Garrett, had to brake in to his mansion. Which was something out of Escher's and Giger's combined nightmares. A madhatteresque maze of vines, stone and insanity. The floors would twist to corkscrews, the whole sections of the mansion where stuck in another dimension. Not to mention being full of traps. And when you finally made it through, you found out that yoour employer was Constantine himself. Or his consort to be exact. Viktoria was portrayed as a nymph-like siren. Who would occasinally have barky skin and arms of bramble and twine. It was something between grace and flat-out horror. And then you get ripped of your...well, enough spoiling. Let's just say that I was very, VERY surprised and felt that the game really deserved that M rating.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I have many favorite villians, all for different reasons. If I had to pick one purely on the basis of the sheer desperation they gave me, I would have to go with the Lucifige from Freespace. The dread the Lucifige creates surpasses even SHODAN partly because the Lucifige is totally faceless, not mention the fact that its totally gi-nourmous.

From a story standpoint, I have to go with the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za and the Korh-Ah.

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE.

You meant Lucifer?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Vlad

from Max Payne, specifically Max Payne 2. He was totally my favorite character in the first one, I lurved him.

Then he's a baddie in the second one and I hate him. That's a good twist/writing for you.

Spoiler tags because if you know what I'm talking about, the twis in the entire game is ruininated.

Guest Fishboot

The Master from FO. I was impressed by his backstory and he and his plans fit the post-apocalyptic setting perfectly.

Not to mention that there was a non-violent way to deal with him

, which was absolutely shocking to me in those days.

Final Fantasy 8

Ultimacia (the sorceress in the final series of 4 boss fights)

I think this is one those games where you fight almost the same person four times in different forms.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Since favourite is exactly that, favourite (as opposed to most complex, meanest, toughest and lots of other unimportant things)...

A few spring to mind

Doomdark in "Lords of Midnight"

Nicodemus in "Phantasie"

Elvin Atombender in "Impossible Mission"

Both the Griffin and the Troll in "Rogue" (didn't specify that it had to be a main villain)

The Master in "Fallout"

Transcendend One in "Torment"

Deidranna in "Jagged Alliance 2"

Lacroix in "VMBL"

There are many more... but most are old and I can hardly remember their names from the top of my head anymore =]

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The Practical Incarnation – PS:T

No, I know. Not a villain as such, but certainly an antagonist who in his previous life was never foolishly evil i.e. never afraid to do good if it in someway benefited him. Someone Malak could learn from.

Jon Irenicus – Baldur's Gate: SOA

Mainly because of Sark on vocals, David Warner, I love you. But also, he had more depth than I first thought, he was bitter and angry at the world; all he ever wanted was some elfish lovin’.

Domino Hurley – Grim Fandango

It’s a tough choice but if I had to chose between Dom and Hector it would be Dom every time. Wonderful competitive rapport with Manny and one of the best deaths I've ever seen committed to disk.

The Master – Fallout

Disturbing.

Karras – T2: The Metal Age

Musty made a very good call with Constantine and Viktoria (that double-criss scene certainly has to be one of my favourite moments from any game). Though I'd like to put forward Karras since he was certainly Howard Hughes esque in creepiness and his fanaticism was surly commendable.

Kreia – KOTOR2: TSL

I'm surprised no one mentioned her actually. In terms of depth she was the Quran as opposed to Malak's 'The Little Train That Could'.

Notable mentions: Solidus Snake (I couldn't help liking, damn you John Cygan!), Sarevok, Lance Vance =], Lan Di, and recently Master Li.

Irenicus. Because I so wanted to kill him by the end, just because I hated him so much.

"I grow tired of shouting battle cries when fighting this mage. Boo will finish his eyeballs once and for all, so he does not rise again! Evil, meet my sword. SWORD, MEET EVIL!"

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Tyranthraxus in Pool of Radiance was kind of neat. Not only did he have an impersonator waiting just outside his private room (Tyranithraxus, that fooled me it was him for almost 10 years real life!), he had an entire city under his control (full of henchmen) that you had to free, block by block. And when you finally reached him, he had the power to convince everyone in your little gang that weren't good aligned that they should fight for him instead! Imagine the shock of meeting 12 level 8 fighters (level cap was 8 in Pool of Radiance), Tyranthraxus (who was a dragon) AND everyone who was evil in your own gang. Quite a fight.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Kreia. She is very good at manipulating every character that she comes in contact with. Even ones who want to see her dead like Sion.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Final Fantasy 8

I think this is one those games where you fight almost the same person four times in different forms.

Worst. Villain. Ever.

Anyway, I'd have to go with Sidney from Vagrant Story, or Jowy from Suikoden 2. Sidney for coolfactor, Jowy for not being evil.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Final Fantasy 8

Worst. Villain. Ever.

Anyway, I'd have to go with Sidney from Vagrant Story, or Jowy from Suikoden 2. Sidney for coolfactor, Jowy for not being evil.

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything but... she was a pretty poor villain.

Jon1.jpg

None other than the Bondage Wizard for me. Perhaps it's because you learn so much about him, and the game is as much about your PC as it is about him.

Also, if you laugh at his outfit, there'll be hell to pay!

I liked Sion too, but I think that he, like so many other things in K2, could have been so much more. His voiceover was kickass, too.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

CABAL.

"The Brotherhood is at an evolutionary dead end. I am the only salvation to the continued supremacy of Nod. It is my world now. Listen to the sounds of your own extinction, human."

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Jon1.jpg

None other than the Bondage Wizard for me. Perhaps it's because you learn so much about him, and the game is as much about your PC as it is about him.

Also, if you laugh at his outfit, there'll be hell to pay!

Bondage wizard indeed. With a chain fetish, if the intro cinematic is something to go by. :huh:

I'm Musty now? That's just...different.

kirottu said:

These are my picks:

post-1517-1126274540_thumb.jpg

He was much more of a villain than Irenicus was, IMO. Sarevok was the epitome of evil and while working behind the scenes stopped at nothing to achieve his goal of ascension. He killed Gorion, assassinated his own father, manipulated the Iron Throne, started a war, he FRAMED you.. Must I go on?

post-1517-1126274558_thumb.jpg

This guy was just pure creepy. I am sure the atmosphere of the vault and music also added to the effect.

post-1517-1126274411_thumb.jpg

He was very cold, evil, calculating but intellectual at the same time with a voice-ver that totally rocks. I was about to scream when he killed Annah.

image002.gifLancer

Kreia. She is very good at manipulating every character that she comes in contact with. Even ones who want to see her dead like Sion.

And also known for masking her moves very well, add to that she has stealth to top it all up.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧