Cyan Worlds does Interplay imitation.

Deraldin

I read this too. But why? I thought the Myst franchise was doing well? Except, perhaps, for UrU Online.. :(

Apparently Uru was a colossal failure for them when it didn't even leave the ground. Kinda hard to believe that it was that big a failure considering how well the other Myst games have sold. Wouldn't think that one bad game would take up 12 million units worth of money from the previous games.

Uru was a boondogle if I've ever seen one.

They should have stuck with true adventure games. Of course, had it succeeded, it would have revolutionized the industry, I suppose. Is it better to have tried and failed, or to have never tried at all?

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Uru was okay. A lot better than the on-rails walking of other Mys games. But I agree, it was a failure.

RIP Cyan Worlds

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I played two annoying demos. That control scheme was horrible. No to mention the puzzles having no logic in them. Also, the Myst fan community is a bunch elitist bastards. Purist rpgers pale in comparison.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Myst 1 was the ultimate in puzzle... only problem was that if you knew what to do you could beat the game in under 20 seconds.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Link

Appearently Cyan Worlds, the creators of the Myst series of games is going the way of Interplay. Reports say that there are only two people left on staff now, although they managed to finish Myst V: End of Ages before everyone was let go.

I just saw the game when I was out in town about barely 3 days ago. Was not really expecting it, but it has been done.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧