Fox Buys IGN and Affiliates

Archmonarch

Link

The basics: News Corporation has agreed to pay $650 million for the IGN network. This includes all of the game sites (gamespy, etc. as well), Rotten Tomato, AskMen.com, and a group of sites hosted by Vault and the Planet. They have placed the acquisition under control of the Fox Interactive Media unit.

Bottomline: Expect even worse and more heavily biased coverage in the near future (Q4 2005).

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Hmm,can't say that I give a damn.

You will, once they start imposing conservative moral beliefs and right wing propaganda into every article and review they publish. Have you ever watched Fox News?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You will, once they start imposing conservative moral beliefs and right wing propaganda into every article and review they publish. Have you ever watched Fox News?

Don't be silly, folks. Fox will want to turn a profit. Sure, the news might be biased, but the company is in business to make money, and they'll do what it takes to make money.

Folks thinking that it will make games more "conservative" are just pushing the usual left leaning panic button. Newscorp own Dish Network, also. It's not like they've refused to show CNN.

Remember, the Simpsons used to be considered almost subversive by a lot of folks, and yet it's been a Fox show since day one. In fact, Fox shows all those terrible reality programs. Now, if that doesn't prove they're not bound by a so-called "conservative" view of human decency, then I don't know what does.

Face it, this is just another example of folks taking a view because the company in question is Fox. If anyone is prejudiced around here, it's our left leaning friends who see every investment Fox makes as a personal affront. Get a grip, folks, I doubt if you see any difference except for better funding.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

The problem with the internet these days is these goddamned corporations buying out sites like this. The net use to be fun in the late 90's when it was getting popular and now we have these companies going around buying out cool sites then turning them into sh!t because they really don't know anything about them.

Yeah! Look at Family Guy! It used to be awesome now it's a pinnacle of Christian values and decency!!!

If anything, maybe IGN's reviews will get better.

The net use to be fun in the late 90's 80's when it was getting popular...

Fixed!

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The net use to be fun in the late 90's 80's when it was getting popular...

Fixed!

You tell 'em, ol' timer!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

He's a swede. They're always like that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds