kreia? live or die

I think what it meant was that, depending on your alignment, either LS or DS, you would get a different ending. If there's one thing, there is a movie which shows Kreia being hurled off the Trayus Core into the fathomless chasm below it. I think the option to get this movie is your last choice if you decide to dispose of her body. You don't have to save her, because whether you do or not, she ultimately ends her life after the fight. If you played DS, the ending movie shows a view of the Trayus Core still intact. LS is when the Core collapses and the Ebon Hawk speeds out of the way of the erupting explosion.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

You only kick Kreia off trayus core :x if you are DS (aaaah...good times, good times...)

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You only kick Kreia off trayus core  o:)  if you are DS (aaaah...good times, good times...)

:x:lol:;)

I was happy she died and cackled like a maniac, psychotic evil tyrant when she fell into the Trayus Core/

signature2.jpg

Fanfics:

KotOR II: After the Credits Rolled: Read

Force Sight: Read

Other:

Gaming Blog: Read

I'll bet anything she was completely insane by the time you reached Malachor V. Heck, she was probably insane throughout the game. One thing I noticed is in K1 I actually felt sympathy for Malak when he died (as a LS). On the other hand, I was glad once I finished off Kreia at Malachor. I felt almost no sympthy for her.

That's a bit like the Vader throwing Palpating into Death Star's core effect.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I'll bet anything she was completely insane by the time you reached Malachor V.  Heck, she was probably insane throughout the game.  One thing I noticed is in K1 I actually felt sympathy for Malak when he died (as a LS).  On the other hand, I was glad once I finished off Kreia at Malachor.  I felt almost no sympthy for her.

Yeah, I think she's just completely lost it. I kind of even think that she might have just made up the whole story about "THE GREAT SITH EMPIRE BEYOND THE OUTER RIM".

I'll bet anything she was completely insane by the time you reached Malachor V.  Heck, she was probably insane throughout the game.  One thing I noticed is in K1 I actually felt sympathy for Malak when he died (as a LS).  On the other hand, I was glad once I finished off Kreia at Malachor.  I felt almost no sympthy for her.

Yes, i felt the same way too. Obsidian made it that way to make a contrast between one game and the other. For example, in Kotor 1 Malak is a brutal Sith who murders his way through everything but in the end (If you're LS), he rethinks his life and wonders wether it was better to be a jedi.

Kreia, on the other hand, was concerned about life and believed that the force was responsible to the millions of deaths in the galaxy throughout history. In the end however, she rejects nothing and feels proud of what she did. The player feels no sympathy and enjoys having her thrown to the Trayus core.

Defeating Kreia is inevitable, it is your destiny... (sound of Darth Vader breathing)

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Yes, i felt the same way too. Obsidian made it that way to make a contrast between one game and the other. For example, in Kotor 1 Malak is a brutal Sith who murders his way through everything but in the end (If you're LS), he rethinks his life and wonders wether it was better to be a jedi.

Kreia, on the other hand, was concerned about life and believed that the force was responsible to the millions of deaths in the galaxy throughout history. In the end however, she rejects nothing and feels proud of what she did. The player feels no sympathy and enjoys having her thrown to the Trayus core.

The player enjoys what?....speak for youself. I think Kreia was great I love it when she owns the council and I think her subtle manipulations are great. I like her enlightened views on Jedi and the Sith (i.e) they are both idiots.

It was a nice change to not have the usual good guy mentor. Even when I am dark side I want to spare her as she makes the galaxy a more interesting place.

Enjoyed her dying. Not in that way. But enjoyed not having to listen to her lectures all the while :angry:.

P.S. I dont think she would become one with the force, like someone said earlier on, as i think only LS jedi go with the force, she most definatly wasnt LS

Kreia's such a great character. As good as most of the characters were in KotOR, many characters in TSL are even better, and Kreia is easily one of the best. She has dept and subtly, she lies to you and reveals deep truths to you, and she adds depth and choice to how you can play a dark sider character. Not to mention the voice acting.

But she is distinctly different than Malak. There's no doubt that Malak made his choice when he went to the dark side, but at the LS end of KotOR, he seems to have a little regret for what he did. Not like Ajunta Pal, I don't think he was really redeemed, but he lamented the lost possibilities, at least.

Kreia has not such doubts. One could definately feel sorry for her, for what happened to her, but we don't get any idea of remorse like we can from Malak and Sion at their deaths. She doesn't seem to regret anything about her life for even an instant. Even as she dies, she seems to have a total lack of doubt about anything she has done. After all the evil she has done, she still thinks she's right; a battered old woman so filled with the excuses for her own fall that she isn't even looking for a way out, a better way to live her life.

P.S. I dont think she would become one with the force, like someone said earlier on, as i think only LS jedi go with the force, she most definatly wasnt LS

Why wouldn't Dark Jedi join the Force? Every living thing contributes to the Force. Otherwise there wouldn't even be a dark side, would there?

The player enjoys what?....speak for youself. I think Kreia was great I love it when she owns the council and I think her subtle manipulations are great. I like her enlightened views on Jedi and the Sith (i.e) they are both idiots.

It was a nice change to not have the usual good guy mentor. Even when I am dark side I want to spare her as she makes the galaxy a more interesting place.

Ha! I thought Kreia's teachings were only useful for DS characters (she was DS herself, after all). In fact, if you think about it, Kreia shared a lot of beliefs in common with the Sith. Remember what Atton said - "All that talk about hatred, and manipulation, and standing on your own two feet? Sorry, you don't get any more Sith than that." :wub: And he should know, he was a Sith at one time. Her views are no more enlightened then the Jedi or the Sith. And for such a "wise" character, Kreia contradicts herself a few times in the game. I for one, was glad to be rid of her once and for all. :wub:

The idea of Kreia would have gotten her the award for best demonstration of skills required to become a veteran villian. (But I would not want to be nominated for it)

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I think you really missed the point. If played light side (haven't finished it ds yet)she dies with purpose, with the same purpose she had when living and manipulating everyone. She wanted to make the exile free of the influence of the force. She explained this in the end, she also loved the exile, as a mother loves a child, she was enlightened, and there was more philosophy in her words and teachings than in the teachings of any other SW character (including the movies). Her death was an inevitable act in the exiles evolution, it made the exile more mature. She thaught important lessons about life, philosophies borrowed in part from Nietzche, I wouldn't go as far to name them DS. I felt sorry when she died, as I pointed out before, she was the most complex character in the whole SW universe, in comparison to her Malak was 2D. If kotor 3 ever gets to see the light of day, I hope they will create a character at least as complex as she was.

I think you really missed the point. If played light side (haven't finished it ds yet)she dies with purpose, with the same purpose she had when living and manipulating everyone. She wanted to make the exile free of the influence of the force. She explained this in the end, she also loved the exile, as a mother loves a child, she was enlightened, and there was more philosophy in her words and teachings than in the teachings of any other SW character (including the movies). Her death was an inevitable act in the exiles evolution, it made the exile more mature. She thaught important lessons about life, philosophies borrowed in part from Nietzche, I wouldn't go as far to name them DS. I felt sorry when she died, as I pointed out before, she was the most complex character in the whole SW universe, in comparison to her Malak was 2D. If kotor 3 ever gets to see the light of day, I hope they will create a character at least as complex as she was.

I have nothing to add. Couldn't have said it better myself. You may be new (or an old lurker), but you've already won my respect.

Not that my respect goes for much around here. :">

sig2.gif