Need Help...

Commissar

...figuring out a song title.

Pretty sure I've heard it in Vietnam movies before, though that doesn't mean it's from the 70s. Very up-tempo number, maybe with some blues influences. Tambourine keeps the beat. Fast-paced singing. I'm pretty sure part of it goes something along the lines of, "So glad you made it," but I'm not positive. I tried that title in iTunes and couldn't come up with anything. If I had to guess, I'd say it's a black singer, but definitely a rock-and-roll song, maybe even Little Richard-style. But I don't think it actually is Little Richard.

Any ideas?

Pretty sure I've heard it in Vietnam movies before, though that doesn't mean it's from the 70s.  Very up-tempo number, maybe with some blues influences.  Tambourine keeps the beat.  Fast-paced singing.  I'm pretty sure part of it goes something along the lines of, "So glad you made it," but I'm not positive.  I tried that title in iTunes and couldn't come up with anything.  If I had to guess, I'd say it's a black singer, but definitely a rock-and-roll song, maybe even Little Richard-style.  But I don't think it actually is Little Richard. 

Any ideas?

"Gimme some lovin'"?

Done extremely well by the Blues Brothers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pretty sure I've heard it in Vietnam movies before, though that doesn't mean it's from the 70s.  Very up-tempo number, maybe with some blues influences.  Tambourine keeps the beat.  Fast-paced singing.  I'm pretty sure part of it goes something along the lines of, "So glad you made it," but I'm not positive.  I tried that title in iTunes and couldn't come up with anything.  If I had to guess, I'd say it's a black singer, but definitely a rock-and-roll song, maybe even Little Richard-style.  But I don't think it actually is Little Richard. 

Any ideas?

"Gimme some lovin'"?

Done extremely well by the Blues Brothers.

He shoots, he scores. I should've known that.

Okay. Now I've got another one. Seen it in a commercial. The lyrics start of, "Pulled into Nazzareth, was feelin' 'bout half-past dead. Just need a place, where I can lay my head."

Throw me a hard one.

"The Weight" From the album "Music from Big Pink", by 'The Band', released in 1968.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.