Ipod mini is dead, Ipod nano lives!

kumquatq3

What if you have a large thumb? :lol:"

To be honest, I really, really don't see the point. A regular sides iPod is already small enough to fit in your pocket, and I cannot think of a single instance when you wouldn't have a pocket when you wanted to listen to music no one else could hear. If you're coing out for a run and want to take your iPod, I'm sure that shorts with pockets are less expensive than that little armband.

My regular-sized iPod is plenty good for me.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

What is it about Apple products that make my brain go, "I MUST HAVE IT! RIGHT NOW!! NO MATTER THE COST!!1!" everytime I see them?

For the record, I don't own anything Apple. Yet.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You know I really find the obese people who do ride those carts lazy. I am fat but I am doing something about it though it is slow going. I also have constant arthritis pain in my feet and legs (FOR GODSAKES I AM ONLY 32) and I refuse to use those carts and crap.

If I can't do it on my own then it doesn't need to be done.

(/rant)

I'm one of those people who is waiting for the "perfect" mp3 player

I really like Sonys, mostly because the sound and battery like (30hr+) are great. It's smaller than the mini (about the size of a deck of cards), plays MP3, and holds 20gb.

But the buttons to look for songs and price suck. I'd deal with the price, but those scroll arrows don't work for large groups of songs

4 gigs really isn't that much

I agree, unless it's a really mini player (basically a USB memory card), I expect 6gbs or better.

4 gigs really isn't that much

I agree, unless it's a really mini player (basically a USB memory card), I expect 6gbs or better.

Considering the iPod nano is extremely small 4GB for a flash based player is pretty damn good. If I had the money I would seriously consider buying one. I don't have an MP3 player of any sort just my MP3 CD player. I almost bought a 1GB Creative Muvo Micro a week back when it was on sale, but decided that I didn't want to spend the money right after I've just managed to build up my savings again.

My girlfriend's MP3-player is 1 Gb and that has seemed like enough the few times I have borrowed it from her. I've even used it to move large files from my harddrive to a friend's Xbox! I liked that.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I've been thinking of picking up an ipod for some time. I just haven't had the chance or any true motivation. Thanks for the heads up, Kumquat.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

too small for my liking. I have a RCA Lyra right now, and its WAY too small. The one I'm looking at for when I have some money is the iRiver H10. I like the style, the size, and now that they have a 20 gig version I can rip my entire CD collection and store it on there, and still have 10 gigs left over.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

too small for my liking. I have a RCA Lyra right now, and its WAY too small. The one I'm looking at for when I have some money is the  iRiver H10. I like the style, the size, and now that they have a 20 gig version I can rip my entire CD collection and store it on there, and still have 10 gigs left over.

I'd love to have one of those (looked at buying a 5GB one awhile back) but decided that student with no job is not exactly the best way to get money for an MP3 player. :huh:

Considering the assload of songs you can still fit on 4 GB.

You could do a full install of Baldur's Gate on that thing! :huh:

Agreed. I have a 4 GB mini ipod and I have about 40 CD

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

my current (primitive and huge) Creative Zen has 30 gigs, of which 20 is full, so 4 gigs really isn't enough for me :thumbsup:

I could live with 10 though, that'd be enough to store all my favorite artists' cd's

You call that primitive?! :wub:

*pets trusty cassette-based Sony Walkman*

:ph34r:

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

Some people only keep MP3s at 192 kpbs or higher, which takes up a lot more room. I normaly keep my MP3's at 12b kbps, which is about 4 megs a song, so 4 gigs would hold 1,000 songs. I have about 20 gigs of MP3's in my collection, and having 4 with me at any given moment wouldn't be bad at all.

I could happily live with a 1 gig player honestly.

Some people only keep MP3s at 192 kpbs or higher, which takes up a lot more room.  I normaly keep my MP3's at 12b kbps, which is about 4 megs a song, so 4 gigs would hold 1,000 songs.  I have about 20 gigs of MP3's in my collection, and having 4 with me at any given moment wouldn't be bad at all.

I could happily live with a 1 gig player honestly.

Thing is, I don't wanna have to switch songs constantly. The ability to listen to any song I want, at any given moment, is exactly what makes mp3-players appealing to me.

too small for my liking. I have a RCA Lyra right now, and its WAY too small. The one I'm looking at for when I have some money is the  iRiver H10. I like the style, the size, and now that they have a 20 gig version I can rip my entire CD collection and store it on there, and still have 10 gigs left over.

Depends.

If the designers integrate the flash RAM (or whatever nanotech) into a wearable item, for example, like a pair of sun shades, then it will be a "killer app".

I remember my father always called them "wristlet-watches", because originally watches were made for pockets ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT