Why twitch gamers suck

Rhomal

It is undeniable the influence first person shooters (FPS) and real time strategy (RTS) have had on computer RPG

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

I think you may be preaching to the converted. Nor, I might add is small attention span and instant gratification a problem only to the CRPG industry. Our whole society is ailing with it. Grud dang it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Why are you spamming multiple forums with this?

Why do we put up with you?

The answer is the same, because thats the way things are. Have anything of substance to add or are you going to whine over non-related things as you enjoy doing?

Dont hijack this thread with your typical BS.

Dont like my posts dont read them.

Moving on.

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Get off you perch Rhomal. Being the admin of NWN 2 News have made you a dammit preacher. I remember a different Rhomal from back when the forums were in their infancy.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Get off you perch Rhomal. Being the admin of NWN 2 News have made you a dammit preacher. I remember a different Rhomal from back when the forums were in their infancy.

So news paper editors who print editorials are being a 'preacher' too then by your logic?

I feel its a disservice if you have a soapbox not to use it. Agree or disgaree with me fine, I have no issue with that. But dont tell me to 'sit down and shut up'. If I have the chance to stir debate, ideas and opinions you bet I am going to do so. It would be a crime not to have the ability for such and not use it.

As a community discussion and nuturing ideas is our life blood.

If you dont agree with the above thats your choice, dont read my posts then. But dont tell me in effect to 'shut up'.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I smell a hurt ego.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Rhomal, I don't mind what you are saying and I have already stated my response to it in another forum where I first saw it. Spamming it over and over again in multiple forums is just annoying.

I am not telling you to shut up but one thread on the subject should be good enough. ;)

This is actually the third thread I've seen of the exact same post.. Maybe it's a cry for help? Maybe he was abducted by aliens and there's an encoded message in the post that we keep missing?? QUICK, SOMEONE WITH A BRAIN DECIPHER IT!!1!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You make some good points Rhomal, but I don't think you painted the whole picture.

You're right that consumers would no longer buy hardcore rpgs anymore, but then, they probably wouldn't ten years ago. Despite being known as perhaps the greatest pieces of their genre, Fallout and Torment only had average sales in a time which we sometimes imagine as the second golden age of rpgs.

The problem of a lack of more 'pure' rpgs in the past few years has also been in part the fault of rpg producing companies as well. Interplay died out because of terrible management and multiple cancelled projects; Troika died because they couldn't get their act together. The result was a lack of 'pure' rpgs in the past years. How is this the comsumers' fault?

You also seem to ignore that there have been successful rpg titles recently, such as Morrowind and KotOR, or to a lesser degree, Jade Empire and KotOR2.

As for the future, I don't think it's as grim as many believe. 'Pure' rpgs will likely continue to be produced at the same rate they currently are, but something else will happen. Other games will begin to resemble rpgs more and more. We've already seen this is Thief, Deus Ex, and even the most recent GTA, but that's just a start. This trend will become increasingly common as developers seek to find something new for their games.

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

Well, 2 of the threads were in the same forum, but I am going on a limb that the second thread in the same forum was a mistake and not intentional.

My bad if that happened. The forum was giving me SQL errors up the arse while I was trying to get this posted...

I didnt note any other post taking but this one.

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

Sorry, Daque, but Rhomal is making a reasonable argument. I didn't see that he was all that bad except in his title, which I'm keeping for the time being. I disagree with him, for what it's worth. "Twitch gamers" have just as much right to their enjoyment as anyone else.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Ah, yes, I see. You've created the exact same topic in two fora. Sorry, Rhomal, but this one is going to be closed. Here is a link to the topic in Computer/Console:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=36887&hl=

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!