Baldur's Gate2 mods

Qazplm

Industry standard: Baldurdash after you've installed the latest Bioware patch.

Then in my humble you need to go:

Tactics

Ease of Use

Item Pack

(all Wes Weimer)

Then

Unfinished Business

Redemption/ Ascension

aVENGER's rogue re-balancing

Improved Thief Stronghold

Then (NPCs)

Kelsey and, perhaps, Soulafein.

If you have immacuate taste you will also install the "any class/ any weapon" component from Ashes of Embers for some semi 3E goodness.

I'll get flamed but I only use WeiDU mods. Period. I don't care. Pocket Plane and Gibberlings Three remain the best BG2 modding resources on the Net (respect, guys!).

Now I am a busier person with a tiny Monte (etc) I only get to game a few hours/week but I still spend an hour or two on my modded BG2 (still Ftr/Thf if anyone is interested).

If any CRPG designer is planning on a game half as good anytime soon, please PM me and I'll but it. Until then...

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Most WeiDU mods are compatible, I have all the above plus a few others all simultaneously installed on my BG2/ToB.

Having ToB installed can be a compatability issue for some mods. All of those mentioned above are user-friendly, excellently packaged, QA-tested and have readme files to help.

Cheers

MC

sonsofgygax.JPG

Agreed with Monte Carlo. Either Tactics or Improved Battles are essential (unless you want something as easy as KOTOR. well, maybe not that much.), Ease of Use is great for some of its functions (like stacking), and baldurdash > *.

Yay for this thread!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Right. I've downloaded just about every single one of these mods now. Any final advice before I reduce the Hammer of Bastards to radioactive goo by installing them? How will I get rid of any ones that are useless?

Also, why are all the NPCs so super-cheesy? It stadns to reason that anyone modding the game is likely to be good enough that they don't need to power game. I'd rather have some NPCs who are actually a challenge to include but reward players by being interesting.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

What bothers me most about the NPC mods is that there are 3 evil NPCS in the game, 4 once you get to ToB, and like 8 good or neutral NPCs, yet it seems all but one of the NPC mods are good aligned.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg