I have lost faith...

Curst

Do you think the contentpatch will ever be release?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think the contentpatch will ever be release?

• Yes, there is always hope!
    • No, LA screwed us!

OK, my vote on this is based on the HIGH-QUALITY "content" patch, not a cut-content patch - which I suppose is a mute point since my opinion is still no, just to different degrees.

Official Cut-Content Patch: Never

High-Quality Patch: Nearly never...

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

well, i think it has become Vampire: Bloodlines, except LA isn't saying its our machines problem for the performance. lol

I have gotten bored of the game, if you can call it a game, but i personally think if a company makes a product, they have responsibility to finish it, if they don't finish it, they should get fined or something like that, but thats my opinion.

...if you can call it a game, but i personally think if a company makes a product, they have responsibility to finish it, if they don't finish it, they should get fined or something like that, but thats my opinion.

I probably don't think that extreme as to not call it a game. Heck I even call my Pazaak a game, like Solitaire and whatever - just a cheesy, small, crap game.

Fines would also be kinda stupid cos I just hate the whole deal with Lawyers and stuff.

Hurts their reputation but unfortunetly, unlike some other companies, it won't mean much to them.

Edit: referring to LA

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Yea... I'm of the opinion that the industry shouldn't get away with releasing crap. It astounds me as to how many gaming rags (mags) that praise these games for their innovation and creativity. Then when the final product comes out, its glitchy, rushed and really NOT a refined final product at all. Then they follow up by awarding them for their failings. *boggle*

I really do have a 99.999% feeling they will never release a cut content patch, in fact i have a rather large feeling that they won't release another patch at all. ;)

It doesn't really bother me at the moment to be honest, since i stopped playing K2 about 4 or 5 months ago, but there's still going to be the Restoration Projects mod to restore some cut content of the game, which looks promising :).

Probably will be looking toward the people working on The Sith Lords Restoration Project who are still continuing on finishing a mod that that brings back as much of the scenes that were cut from TSL as possible.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Its about time they renamed this board. Get rid of the Technical support part as there obviously will never be any and leave it as self help.

With LA's help obsidian have at least shown the US government isn't the slowest organization to give support.

The game was never finished to begin with and there is nothing left that LA or Obsidian can do to finish it.

Do you (in general) really think the high quality movie and music patch would have improved the game that much? Truth be told, I think a lot of gamers were in a little denial that this would be some kind of "savior" for the game.

As some have already stated, most have moved on and already finished the game four, five months ago. If this had been an MP game, I gurantee the support would have been better and more forthcoming. Why? Because they would be "forced" to in some degrees because MP games have a faster word-of-mouth reputation than SP games and having lackluster MP support... While common for a lot of games... Would have hurt Obsidian even more than the current lack of support since this is OE first launch title.

As for why this is the only legal industry on the planet Earth that has no regulations...

Because no one is willing to do the hard work and set regulations and enforcement of those regulations up in a professional manner. To set up some kind of Quality Product Standards board/organization would take time and money... Time and money that is going to come from where? EA? UBIsoft? LucasArts?

Let's tackle the Elephant in the Room and state none of these corporations want this kind of regulation because it would then hold them accountable for the products they produce... And we've seen how shoddy these products are.

Hell, this industry begrudgingly created the ESRB -- The volutary ratings games all have -- So they could appease mainstream law makers and moral watch dog groups. Do you really think they want an entity (that has both the power and authority) that could hold them accountable for the quality of the products they put out?

As it stands now, at the very minimum, the only thing they are held liable for is if it is somehow PROVED -- key -- Their game caused bodily harm to a user -- Meaning, if the game itself somehow overloaded a monitor/TV, or caused a short circuit in a comptuers/consoles power supply and it exploded or caused a fire that injured someone (not some deranged kid goes on a school shooting rampage and then says, "The game made me do it").

Again, the big factor here is if it can be proved on the part of the consumer (there are a million ways coporate lawyers can argue none of the above is the part of the game's code/design itself).

SIDE NOTE: Rainbow Six: RavenShield by UBISoft has a reproduceable software code defect (glitch) that causes monitors to rapidly switch refresh rates when the game loads up which causes monitors to burn out over a period of months (vs. years). This was discovered by gamers themselves and brought to UBISoft's attention... But of course, UBI blamed the gamers ("user error"), their hardware, their drivers, and never did ANYTHING in the 15 patches the game had in its lifecycle to address the problem.

Why?

Because something this big... That causes harm to consumer electronics... Would be both a huge black spot on their reputation as a corporation (cause sales to drop) as well as an admission the product itself, the game, had a major defect and was not "safe" to put on the market and severely lacking in quality.

In addition, if some third party organization/individual/government (U.S.) entity tried to set something like this up, EA, UBI, LA, Valve and others would band together and scream "Free Trade Restriction!" and "Unfair business practices!", blah, blah, blah to the FTC and other corporate lobbyists in Washington and that would be the end of that.

Because again, they would be held accountable for the products they produce.

Also, let's be honest: Video games are an intangible form of entertainment and not a necessity or product that has the very real potential -- key -- To hurt someone if used (im)properly. A car does and can. A chemical fertilizer does and can. A jet airliner does and can. An 18-wheeler traveling across the country does and can. This is why there are standards and regulatory agencies for these industries and none for the video game industry and probably never will be.

Shut up man, nobody cares about your boring rants anymore.  :x

Yes. Sometimes we see long postings just because they feel so strongly about their opinion. Is it really necessary?

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Shut up man, nobody cares about your boring rants anymore.  :wacko:

How old are you?

12?

You sound like an eight year old who doesn't know how to interact with others online, let alone in real life.

All you do is keep insisting that console games "suck" and pc games are better because you say so without backing any of it up.

You're the one who looks like a fool compared to me and a few others who can actually put together coherent thoughts. This is called freedom of speech. Either grow up and accept it, or learn to deal with people's opposing points of view.

Trying to get around the language filter is bad... -Battlewookiee

Edited by Battlewookiee

How old are you?

12?

You sound like an eight year old who doesn't know how to interact with others online, let alone in real life.

All you do is keep insisting that console games "suck" and pc games are better because you say so without backing any of it up.

You're the one who looks like a fool compared to me and a few others who can actually put together coherent thoughts. This is called freedom of speech. Either grow up and accept it, or learn to deal with people's opposing points of view.

Age jokes and comments about my RL social skills. Just when I thought you couldn't get any lamer. What, did you get those from AOL? The LA boards perhaps? Wow, you really hurt my feelings with those.

And yeah, I'm familiar with freedom of speech. Precisely, I'm exercising it when I say that your rants suck and are only good to give ammunition to pro-censorship idiots. And if you think your hateful and resented ramblings resemble "coherent thought" in some way, then I'm afraid you're by far too helpless.

Oh, I'm reporting you. Circumventing the language filter is a bad thing. :geek:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

And yeah, I'm familiar with freedom of speech. Precisely, I'm exercising it when I say that your rants suck and are only good to give ammunition to pro-censorship idiots. And if you think your hateful and resented ramblings resemble "coherent thought" in some way, then I'm afraid you're by far too helpless.

You make absolutely NO sense... And you have too high an opinion of yourself as well.

Everything I posted is relevant to this discussion.

I addressed what is going on in the video game industry right now whether you want to admit it or not. Let me guess? Are you some high paid CEO or CFO of some huge gaming corporation somewhere? I highly doubt it, but if you are... Truth hurts, don't it, buster?

I posted what I did because no one ever talks about this aspect of the business on any forum for any game. You're free to disagree with it if you want...

But saying, "Shut up, man" is the most immature thing I have seen from anyone, anywhere on the internet in a LONG time... And I've seen plenty of little wannabes like you who think they have the final say on how the real world works get all bent out of shape when someone questions how and why things are the way they are. Like I said. I made a thought out post. All you did was act like a two-year old having a tantrum because they didn't agree. As stated, you're the one who looks like a fool here and you keep proving my point. Please seek professional help if you get this upset about something posted on the internet. Seriously.

And if threw your little tantrum just to get the thread closed you are nothing but a Forum Troll and an immature child, regardless of chronolgical age, and people will remember you for it if they don't know it already.

But saying, "Shut up, man" is the most immature thing I have seen from anyone, anywhere on the internet in a LONG time...

Please seek professional help if you get this upset about something posted on the internet. Seriously.

Comment #1: If that is true, you are perhpas as lucky as you are easily offended.

Comment #2: He seems a great deal less upset, if he is disturbed at all by this exchange, than yourself, sir. Pot, kettle, black.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Everything I posted is relevant to this discussion.

Except for this particular post, right? Oh, the irony.

I addressed what is going on in the video game industry right now whether you want to admit it or not. Let me guess? Are you some high paid CEO or CFO of some huge gaming corporation somewhere? I highly doubt it, but if you are... Truth  hurts, don't it, buster?

OH NOES!!!!1 MY COEVR HAS BEEN BLOWN!!!!!11

Really, it's not that I don't want to hear it. It's just that you have been making the same pointless rants since... well, since your writer thread. And I believe that was one of your first posts. Really man, you do need to move on.

But saying, "Shut up, man" is the most immature thing I have seen from anyone, anywhere on the internet in a LONG time... And I've seen plenty of little wannabes like you who think they have the final say on how the real world works get all bent out of shape when someone questions how and why things are the way they are. Like I said. I made a thought out post. All you did was act like a two-year old having a tantrum because they didn't agree. As stated, you're the one who looks like a fool here and you keep proving my point. Please seek professional help if you get this upset about something posted on the internet. Seriously.

Uh... who is throwing the tantrum here? You are even more detached from reality than it seems at first. I am not angry, I'm just bored of reading the same posts over and over from you. It gets really old, really fast. But it's even worse when you try to do it from your supposed high perch.

Also, last time I checked, this forum was called "Technical support", not "Mad Ravings". You also have a semantics problem, it seems.

And if threw your little tantrum just to get the thread closed you are nothing but a Forum Troll and an immature child, regardless of chronolgical age, and people will remember you for it if they don't know it already.

This from the guy that needs to post lame workarounds to the language filter to make his posts gain strength. Hilarious.

Oh, I almost forgot.

STFU already. :wub:)

Edited by Battlewookiee

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The Restoration Team have been discussing about the appropriateness of having the scenario of Lonna Vash's assassination done by either the Sion and his Sith or alternatively by the HK droids. I sought of think that droids would be like smashing dummies, wherelse Sion and his Sith offer a far more intensive challenge for a Jedi Master. The other thing is remaking this scenario on the Droid planet which was left out of the game.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧