PS3 maybe has Mouse and Keyboard support

kumquatq3

I don't really care about PS3 until Obsidian or Bioware or an other western RPG developer with some talent announce their exclusive title for PS3.

Exactly. I don't care what the specs of the game machine has. Its the games that matter.

Great, super, right, yes.

And I'm a nintendo fanboy.

The point still remains, the PS3 is seemingly graphically "better" than a 2000+ dollar PC and might have mouse and keyboard support.

Makes one think, all I'm saying

Guest Fishboot
That's not why they are including mouse and keyboard: the point of the enhanced human-computer interface is to allow better web accessibility.

Still, it's one killer multiplayer FPS app away from becoming a full-blown gaming controller.

That's not why they are including mouse and keyboard: the point of the enhanced human-computer interface is to allow better web accessibility.

Well the article was talking about the gaming aspect of it, and I wouldn't think including them solely for web accessibility would be much news, as even the PS2 supported any USB keyboard for that purpose.

And yeah, the PS2 had free online play.

The issue is USB ports allowing it or not, PS2 had the USB ports that allowed Mouse and Keyboard.

And franky the "online" thing that Xbox claimed had a large issue, Xbox Live services were not always avaible since its a closed network, the PS2 used a open network (and likely so will the PS3).

As for the ones claiming about "western publishers and developers" ... well console developers have tradictionaly come from Japan since its were the console market really developed and so were the quality console games are likely to come from.

Of course the only people that talk about "western developers" tend to be Xbox fanboys that only say that because the big names in console games sticked with the PS2 due to the poor sales of the XBox in Japan (that is the largest market of console games), we can hardly blame then since its were their market is.

drakron.png

I want the console that has the most Unreal 3-engine games! I mean, super graphics combined with the streaming map technology that Epic has been touting! It sounds like a dream come true for me.. if developers actually take advantage of what the new technology brings and implements massive worlds in every game they release. Enough of the KotOR/Jade Empire/Neverwinter Nights micro maps already!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Enough of the KotOR/Jade Empire/Neverwinter Nights micro maps already!

So far Farcry has far and away the best Map/load time combination I've ever seen.

as keyboards go, obviously it has many more applications other than FPS. The PS3 would be a kick ass gaming PC for cheap (relative), basically.

but lets not forget....The Revolution is still coming :blink:

I'm a nintendo fanboy, but that controller better be magic or dispense crack in pez form or something

Hay words are words, we still haven't seen this thing running.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Hay words are words, we still haven't seen any of these things running.

Yep, for all we know, the Xbox 360 could be built on a Pentium I processor, and the Revolution is the most powerful of them all.

Hm, I'm buying Xbox360. Free online play.

...But I'll probably blow 6 pay checks on a PS3 4 months later.

Nope. The XBox 360 has a free Silver Live account, but it does not allow you to play online. You can merely go online, talk to other Live members, download content, purchase content, etc.

You need a Gold (pay) account to play online.

The PS2 has free online service, and one might assume the PS3 will as well.

It should be noted that while the XBox 360 has USB 2.0 ports, it has been modified to not recognize keyboards or mice. Allard just talked about this the other day. They ONLY want you to use a controller, despite marketing the 360 as a quasi-media center PC. You could hook a keyboard to the original XBox, but maybe M$ is trying to discourage the mod scene from installing Linux on the 360.

I'm sure the mod scene will just develop a new BIOS to allow keyboard use.