KOTOR I's Jedi Robes & KOTOR II's Jedi Robes

Guest MacleodCorp

Well, the Jedi Masters must have been practicing their tailoring and sewing skills, probably more of the females...

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

• 1 month later...

This whole discussion about the games' robes is ridiculous. It would slightly be better to argue why the lanscape of Dantooine changed so drastically from K1 and K2...or why there is a door to a tomb where there was nothing but solid cave rock on Korriban. :-"

Look, my point is (and it has been stated before) that the engine, when being used by Bioware for K1, wasn't able to handle the types of robes seen in K2. Had it been able to, trust me, we would have seen them.

Also, your argument isn't very valid anyway. Forgive me if I'm wrong but Arca Jeth, Nomi Sunrider, and others are a good bit of time before K1. Their robes are the same style as those seen in K2. Your argument may be that "Well, they were in K2; that's why!" But, then again, this argument could continue in an unending spiral.

I personally like the robes in K2 and I don't think that having them look close to those of the PT is too far fetched. And it actually makes sense to me to actually have them look like robes and not tunics; being how that is what they are...robes.

great fun to wear a Jedi master robe and have two newly-Jedified followers running after you in padawan robes. It just felt right. original.gif

I completely understand. :huh:

I downloaded the Short Robes mod and noticed the Quatra's and Jorak Uln's robes feature the "Mentor" feat. I found this very interesting, and I feel it makes alot of sense because they were both master (one a Jedi, one a Sith).

I would like for the Jedi Master robes in K3 to have this feat (and maybe others) because all Jedi Masters are, or were, mentors (unless they wear the title by honorary means).

Edited by Jedi Master Dakari

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

• 2 years later...

Well,jedi in kotor 1 didn't need to hide u know that's why their robes are what they are u know ... Besides they look like your telling the world I AM A JEDI KILL ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the otherhand the robes in kotor 2 are less revealing,if u will... No one likes jedi in kotor 2 so they used these robes to hide ...

On the otherhand I would have liked the ability to put a hood on u know or probably take the upper part of the cape off ( like in the movies ). Still I like both robe stylings each in there place...

I like them both, there will be differences in design between different developers inevitably, overall the details of both games are remarkable and beautifuly done each with the capabilities and limitations of the engines.

There is no Chaos, there is only Serenity.

It was a matter of game engine, yes, but I would have kept the KotOR robes in TSL, if only for holorecords, say Bastila and Vrook. In the comics, Vrook and Zhar don their KotOR robes while Zez and the others are shown as we know them in TSL. I would have kept Vrook in his red robe for the holorecords of Coruscant and Dantooine, same goes for Bastila's holorecord on Korriban and that on the Ebon Hawk.

why the lanscape of Dantooine changed so drastically from K1 and K2...or why there is a door to a tomb where there was nothing but solid cave rock on Korriban.
The old entrance to the kinrath cave was blown up, so they burrowed another. Visas spoke of a recently awakened power within the shyrack cave, Sith archaeologists or possibly the Jedi that came to investigate the tomb may have found the entrance after the Jedi Civil War.

Well,jedi in kotor 1 didn't need to hide u know that's why their robes are what they are u know ... Besides they look like your telling the world I AM A JEDI KILL ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!! On the otherhand the robes in kotor 2 are less revealing,if u will... No one likes jedi in kotor 2 so they used these robes to hide ...

On the otherhand I would have liked the ability to put a hood on u know or probably take the upper part of the cape off ( like in the movies ). Still I like both robe stylings each in there place...

Why did you bump a two, almost three, year-old topic with this gibberish, and why would it make a difference if you are advertising your "jediness?" If you are willing to run around in a unique ship and carry a lightsaber, why not add a little Jedi, or Sith, nuance? :)

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

• 1 year later...
So!?!?! What you are telling me is that evolution in clothing never happens?

Im not saying that. Im saying how can robes be changed completely in the future? Change the colour to lime green? Add a jazi pattern? Make them skin tight? The robes arent completely the same in KOTOR 2 as they are in the films, they have changed slightly, but I highly doubt the Jedi would spend time designing new robes just to keep up with fashion.

Well in all honesty... the description of the robes are along the lines of "simple unassuming garments" .. meaning they are not ment for fashion, and robe part is ment to define them as Jedi - or in the case of the darkside - Sith.

That's all there is to it. The Jedi don't want to keep up with fashion, as it will put a message across to people that the Jedi want to be "hit on" i suppose? and there is no need to change it - as changing it may restrict the movements of the wearer, which is not what the Jedi or the Sith want. They need as much mobility as possible for lightsaber combat.

Just my two cents...

A freak.. didn't notice how old this topic was.. sorry

Edited by Canadian Devil