Men Smarter than Women

Archmonarch

According to a British study being published later this year, men are on average 5 IQ points smarter than women. There are two men of IQ 125 for every woman of the same and 5.5 men of IQ 155 for every equivalent woman.

However, the study also claims women are able to achieve more than men with equal IQ "possibly because they are more conscientious and better adapted to sustained periods of hard work."

Above I have merely described the study. Here are my personal feelings: Such tests are unreliable. Yes there are neurological differences between men and women, but they have more to with genetic role than any increased or decreased level of intelligence. I feel women outstrip men in many areas, just as men outperfrom women in others. This is more so due to societal conditioning than ability in many cases, though.

Also, attempting to define one gender, race, etc as superior to another is preposterous. It serves only to divide in a time when we need to focus on the unity of humanity.

Simply because I cannot resist, I will include the following statement. Do not take this as any indication of my personal sentiments.

Take that, feminist bitches!

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

TAKE IT!

TAKE ALL OF IT!

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

IQ test are usually mostly about mathematics and spatial concepts where men are better. If IQ test were mostly about linquistic and social skills results would be different.

Boring subject really.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I'm more inclined to go with the idea that aptitude in certain areas is hardwired into male and female brains, such as female aptitude with languages, and male aptitude with spacial reasoning. They're just general things, though, so one still would find women adept at spacial reasoning, or men skilled at learning languages. It makes sense from an evolutionary point of view, as male hunters have more use for spacial reasoning (so they can throw more effectively), but less use for spoken language (since one only needs simple verbal commands and hand signals to hunt effectively, and excessive verbal communication could alert prey), while female nest-guarders have less use for spacial reasoning (not needing to throw things much), but more use for spoken language (as verbal communication with other females wouldn't alert prey, and females are more likely to be enslaved rather than killed by a rival tribe, making communication with the new tribe more important).

Historically, societal conditioning has reinforced such roles, but it is such a universal function of societies that it seems to me that the societal roles are a result of natural gender roles, rather than said roles being solely the result of society.

I hasten to add that while our biology might not have changed much in a few million years, our society has, so I'm not advocating that we force men and women into these roles, only that men and women are more naturally inclined towards certain abilities, and thus towards certain professions. But these are still generalisations, so we should not prevent people of one gender from taking up professions because it is generally done by the other sex, but we shouldn't be all that surprised if people of one gender generally choose not to do something.

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

Does this mean hermaphrodites are like gods walking among us?

No.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Bah. I know for a fact that my girlfriend is at least twice as smart as me even though her head is much smaller than mine. That's all I need to know.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Men do have bigger brains BUT women use their brain more effeciently. Also men have good logic skills and are excellent at opening jars, but women are generally better with small groups of people and are more in-tune with their emotional instincts. Either way stereo typing isn't very healthy, its not good to judge a book by its cover.

Males simply have a wider diversity of intelligence than females. That is there are more male morons than female morons and more male genii than female genii.

Look on sex and intelligence

Deary et al. (2003) performed an analysis of an IQ test administered to almost all children in Scotland at age 11 in 1932 (>80,000). The average IQ scores by sex were 100.64 for girls and 100.48 for boys. The difference in mean IQ is not significant. However, the standard deviation was 14.1 for girls and 14.9 for boys. This difference was statistically significant. In the sample studied, 49.6% are girls and 50.4% are boys. Because of the difference in variance between the sexes however, girls are in excess by 2% in the middle IQ range of 90

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Heh, my own observations may be considered flamebait or not. Just work related observations over the last 15-20 years in IT. Men generally appears to be the more creative thinkers and makes great inventors, whereas women seems be better administrators and makes awesome project managers. But then, your mileage may vary depending on what industry you work in :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Haha. I love it, Gorth. Great way to stoke the flames!

In all seriousness, whatever the specifics of our intelligence, we seem to have worked rather well together. Perhaps too well, according to some folks who'd like to see a few billion less people on the earth.

I don't know if the sexes are completely equal. I don't know if individuals are truly "created equal." ...But I do know that our society demands that folks are treated equally.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I don't know if the sexes are completely equal.  I don't know if individuals are truly "created equal."  ...But I do know that our society demands that folks are treated equally.

I don't know if people (sexes) should be treated equal. We are different after all, even in our psychological make up.

Equal opportunity, same salaries for same jobs etc. however is a completely different matter which I think nobody in their right mind can argue against.

A generation of young screwed up men is growing up, having had their competitive urges suffocated during young ages by kindergarten pedagogues (sp?) who treats the kids euqally and demands that the boys suppress their nature (and pretty much expect them to behave like girls, i.e. play nicely, no fist fights etc.). Only now is the damaging effects on the psyche of male kids really showing. So tell society that they can go sit on a cactus, there is a difference :thumbsup:"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Ahh, but I take equal treatment to mean opportunity. Equal but not same treatment got a bad rap from the way racists used it in the United States. It's not a bad idea on its face. It's only bad when folks decide to mask unequal treatment. We must use our discretion in society.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!