Beslan

Commissar

Thought I'd offer a heads-up to those interested. HBO's going to be airing a documentary tonight on the children of Beslan, the Russian town where the Chechens took over a school for three days. Supposed to include footage shot by the actual terrorists themselves.

On at 8PM EST.

Sad story.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Pity, as parts of the North Caucaus area actually look stunningly beautiful. But the political climate and the events that happen in there...not just the Russian bits either :lol:

I missed that HBO documentory (It was made by HBO and the BBC, who showed it here in the UK just the other night) but I've seen another one earlier this year. Very moving, very tragic. They'll all be in my thoughts and prayers at this time.

There was one particularily moving quote from the documentary I saw, it had a mother who had a wonderful child - always cheerful, always friendly, always kind, who suddenly just went hysterical on the third day - even before the storming of the school, and died of an apparant heart-attack. It was strange though, because the mother remained very strong throughout her story, while other mothers understandably broke down and cried - she was almost emotionless, but her lack of emotion was an emotion in itself if that makes any sense?

The program ended with a beautiful sunrise over Beslan, and then came that mother's in a (later dubbed) voice-over.

"Would you like to know what my son looked like? He was my sunrise, my day, my life...please will you take a picture of him?"