RPG editors

Walsingham

I currently have access to editors for Arcanum, NWN, and Morrowind. I am no computer programmer.

I want to know which of these editors is the best, in your opinion, to learn. And if anyone would be interested in a small joint project. possibly a tavern, military outpost, or brothel.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't think he got it...

Seriously, NWN is by far the best editor. It's easy, there are a ton of people still using it to get help from, there are piles and piles of mods available to build your own game with, and it still looks pretty nice.

The environments in NWN seem so flat, though. And repetitive. Or have I simply been biased by the official campaign?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The environments in NWN seem so flat, though. And repetitive.  Or have I simply been biased by the official campaign?

There are some pretty impressive hakpacks out there you can use to add variety. I even managed to build a village into the side of a mountain with minimal stepped pyramid effect.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Thanks for all the comments. I have to say that one of the most annoying feature s of the Morrowind editor is that when you drop in new terrain it arrives at different heights. Simply laying down a flat surface takes forever.

I'm starting to drift towards NWN. Which is a shame, because I prefer the character system in MW.

-Elwood Blues

My favourit editor woudl have to be Heroes of Might and Magic III. Deadly straightforward.

-Elwood Blues

Thanks for all the comments. I have to say that one of the most annoying feature s of the Morrowind editor is that when you drop in new terrain it arrives at different heights. Simply laying down a flat surface takes forever.

I'm starting to drift towards NWN. Which is a shame, because I prefer the character system in MW.

You prefer buggy and grotesquely unbalanced character systems?

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin