The MDK licence

Baley

As I said in the Jade Empire thread,does anyone know if Interplay held on to the licence?

I enjoyed both games and a new one would interest me to say the least.

There are a couple of studios that could do the setting justice: Planet Moon(formed by the team that created the original MDK),Bioware,Croteam to name a few.

Of course FEAR looks better. It came out years later.

MDK 2 (I never played the first one) is like 3 games mixed in one.

When you play as kurt, you'll do crazy jumping, stealthy sniping and float around with you "parachute."

When you play as Max, the six-legged dog that can hold Uzis and even miniguns in 4 of his hands (he needs to for running), the game is an all out action fest of killing hordes of badguys.

When you play as the Doctor, the game is a puzzle game. You mix and match components that you find to build things to overcome the puzzles in the game.

All three game types are very well done, and the game is littered with goofy, as well as dark humour. The game is just flat out funny, and a blast to play.

"MDK = Murder Death Kill"

Noes.

While the actual meaning of the title's TLA is not revealed within the game, the gaming press and fans adopted Murder, Death, Kill (used to designate homicides) as the official title, going with the game's tagline In a good day, only 2.5 billion people will die. In interviews, Shiny employees gave each one their own version - My Dog Ken, Max, Dr. Hawkins and Kurt, Million Dollar KO, Massive Dollops of Ketchup, Mother's Day Kisses and My Diary something beginning with K. Yet another possibility is documented inside the game manual, where Kurt's mission is named Mission: Deliver Kindness.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

Given that the devs won't say, but the press and fans all say the title is Murder Death Kill, then I think it is fair to say it is Murder Death Kill, especially since it fits the official tagline to the game.

The ones supplied in the Wikipedia quote are obviously jokes.

"Given that the devs won't say, but the press and fans all say the title is Murder Death Kill, then I think it is fair to say it is Murder Death Kill, especially since it fits the official tagline to the game."

No, it is not. I also see that you did not read the Wikipedia article. Interesting...

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

I have read the entire article, and the quoted portion is the only portion that has relevance to the title of the game.

Let's examine that tagline again. "In a good day, only 2.5 billion people will die"

Now, of all the suggestions from the devs, do any of them fit a first-person shooter about tons of people dying in an alien invasion? No, not even remotely.

Your inability to sense sarcasm concerns me.

You're arguing for the sake of arguing.

"I have read the entire article, and the quoted portion is the only portion that has relevance to the title of the game."

Perhaps you missed the part where it was mentioned that MDK was actually the game's codename.

"Now, of all the suggestions from the devs, do any of them fit a first-person shooter about tons of people dying in an alien invasion? No, not even remotely."

No. But then again, "Murder, Death, Kill" is not at all fitting title for the game, either.

"Your inability to sense sarcasm concerns me."

Your blatant stupidity disgusts me.

It is quite clear that the title isn't an acronym of anything.

"You're arguing for the sake of arguing."

And why are you arguing?

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

"I have read the entire article, and the quoted portion is the only portion that has relevance to the title of the game."

Perhaps you missed the part where it was mentioned that MDK was actually the game's codename.

...MDK...

It is revealed in the "Making of MDK" booklet that came with the "Limited Edition" of the game that the term was actually the game's codename, when Shiny came around to coming up with a name for the game, they chose to stick with the codename.

However, there is no information available as to why "MDK" was chosen in the first place.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT