Old Black Isle board

kirottu

Metadigital was fired as a moderator and quit the forums forever (probably under an alt now), Hades was one of Visceris's many alts - he's currently Killian something, Eldar still pops round occasionally, dunno about Endar.

Meta didn't leave because he was fired from being a mod. Endar I believe got into a fight with someone. IIRC there was some argument about the mods not doing their jobs so he packed up and left.

Metadigital was fired as a moderator and quit the forums forever (probably under an alt now), Hades was one of Visceris's many alts - he's currently Killian something, Eldar still pops round occasionally, dunno about Endar.

Meta didn't leave because he was fired from being a mod.

Fine. HE WAS FIRED AS THE MODERATOR OF MY HEART.

metadigital left due to real life.

As for Ender, he left because he had issues with the moderating team.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

1. Define "issues".

2. Define "real life".

And more importantly, where have they gone?! (Not that I care of course. :ermm: )

I lied! I care dammit!

1. He thought the moderators weren't very competent.

2. No.

By the way, you even posted in Ender's Goodbye thread, Jags.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

By the way, you even posted in Ender's Goodbye thread, Jags.

Just because I slept with the girl doesn't mean I want her baby!

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Ender thought that certain posters were making racist/anti-semetic remarks in a couple of topics and didn't see the mods doing anything to stop it (If I remember the comments weren't anything like that) so he left with a whole good bye thread and changed his avatar and signature to reflect all this.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Trolling YoP was such a lame thing to do, but man, I loved making everyone go mental by saying the US sucks balls.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Wow. Can't believe I just read through all of that.

If I remember right, a number of boards pre-dated the old black isle boards, in roughly this order:

BG

Torment

NWN(#1 by far for flame wars)

IWD

BG2

Red Queen Design(a big step up in board features... my favorite board)

Black Isle

The BIS forums came out before BG2 was released and looong before NWN was released.

BG was at the old Interplay boards Same for Torment

For a long time, BIS *Was* the BG2 board. IWD also. They also incorporated Torment and BG1

Bioware opened their boards in late 2001 and all NWN stuff was tied to it.

If I remember right, a number of boards pre-dated the old black isle boards, in roughly this order:

BG

Torment

IWD

BG2

Black Isle

The BIS forums came out before BG2 was released and looong before NWN was released.

BG was at the old Interplay boards Same for Torment

For a long time, BIS *Was* the BG2 board. IWD also. They also incorporated Torment and BG1

Bioware opened their boards in late 2001 and all NWN stuff was tied to it.

BG

Torment

IWD

BG2

Black Isle

Wrong. The old Torment, NWN, BG/BG2, IWD boards were Interplay boards, but were primitive to the point of having nothing like post counts... This whole thread is about post counts, something we didn't see til (I think) Red Queen Design and the "new" Interplay boards: the BIS boards, which opened up around the time Torn was announced. Bioware didn't start hosting their own boards til the legal acrimony twixt them and Interplay ensued, and they were basically booted from the BIS forums.

Edited by Stephen Amber

Wrong. The old Torment, NWN, BG/BG2, IWD boards were Interplay boards, but were primitive to the point of having nothing like post counts... This whole thread is about post counts, something we didn't see til (I think) Red Queen Design and the "new" Interplay boards: the BIS boards, which opened up around the time Torn was announced. Bioware didn't start hosting their own boards til the legal acrimony twixt them and Interplay ensued, and they were basically booted from the BIS forums.

Umm, given that I never ever posted at any "new" interplay boards i am curious as to how I amassed such a high post count... perhaps I have a doppelganger.

Indeed the BIS boards did have post counts, but they were removed part way through its life, I believe to prevent spamming such as "The Dot Story" that some people might remember.

The old old Interplay boards I seem to recall were orange and black in design and had a horrid interface. The BIS forums were not unlike these Obsidian ones in colour scheme.

The BIS forum existed long before Torn was announced. I have no idea what Red Queen is. Something that came along after I left?

Interplay were dropped as publishers of NWN long before NWN was released. BIS and Interplay had nothing to do with it so I doubt they hosted its forums. NWN was always at the Bioware forums. I'm not sure if the Bioweenies were "booted" from the BIS boards. They launched their own forum to coincide with NWN online content stuff as I believe was always their plan. Bioware was on the way up, and BIS, sadly, was on the way down.

Bioware launched their forums on 17th October 2001. I know, because I made my account on launch day and that record is still shown at those forums.

Not that any of it matters of course.

Internet archives

Sadly, I wasn't aware of forums at the time (hanging around on usenet instead).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Umm, given that I never ever posted at any "new" interplay boards i am curious as to how I amassed such a high post count... perhaps I have a doppelganger.

Indeed the BIS boards did have post counts, but they were removed part way through its life, I believe to prevent spamming such as "The Dot Story" that some people might remember.

The old old Interplay boards I seem to recall were orange and black in design and had a horrid interface. The BIS forums were not unlike these Obsidian ones in colour scheme.

The BIS forum existed long before Torn was announced. I have no idea what Red Queen is. Something that came along after I left?

Interplay were dropped as publishers of NWN long before NWN was released. BIS and Interplay had nothing to do with it so I doubt they hosted its forums. NWN was always at the Bioware forums. I'm not sure if the Bioweenies were "booted" from the BIS boards. They launched their own forum to coincide with NWN online content stuff as I believe was always their plan. Bioware was on the way up, and BIS, sadly, was on the way down.

Bioware launched their forums on 17th October 2001. I know, because I made my account on launch day and that record is still shown at those forums.

Not that any of it matters of course.

Red Queen was Sawyer's personal board and not affiliated with any company, I don't believe. Started due to displeasure with all of the other forums, and was the most active of the boards for a time, til the summer of '01 or so and the improved BIS forums... then it dried up.

And, yes, there was a lawsuit 'tween Interplay and Bioware. Interplay was the publisher for at least two years while NWN was in production/announced and had plenty to do with it. Doh.

Red Queen was Sawyer's personal board and not affiliated with any company, I don't believe. Started due to displeasure with all of the other forums, and was the most active of the boards for a time, til the summer of '01 or so and the improved BIS forums... then it dried up.

And, yes, there was a lawsuit 'tween Interplay and Bioware. Interplay was the publisher for at least two years while NWN was in production/announced and had plenty to do with it. Doh.

ahh, never went to Red Queen.

Yes I know about the lawsuit. All to do with the naming of Badlur's Gate: Dark Alliance i believe. yes, Interplay were initially going to be the publishers.. note, publishers, not developers. also note "going to be". They didn't publish it in the end, Atari did i think... I don't believe that at any time during the time Interplay were onboard with NWN that there was a forum for it. too early in development.

I'm not sure Red Queen was ever an "official" board related to Interplay or BIS, since I think it was Josh's personal board connected to his website.

As I recall the original Interplay boards were threaded and I never posted there, but they had BG1, PST, Descent to Undermountan, Fallout 1 & 2 on it. And Gorth's link confirms it! The BIS forums seem to have went up around April 2001 (which seems to fit with my memory of it being around while I was playing Heart of Winter).

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'm not sure Red Queen was ever an "official" board related to Interplay or BIS, since I think it was Josh's personal board connected to his website.

As I recall the original Interplay boards were threaded and I never posted there, but they had BG1, PST, Descent to Undermountan, Fallout 1 & 2 on it. And Gorth's link confirms it! The BIS forums seem to have went up around April 2001 (which seems to fit with my memory of it being around while I was playing Heart of Winter).

Yes. Exactly right.

...hehehe...funny how e'ery now an' then these threads pops up...makes me all warm an' fuzzy inside, it does... :)

...BTW, 'twas March o' 2001, if'n memory serves...;p

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

So many different boards over the years it's hard to keep track of them... One of the first things I remember was the uproar that occurred when the GURPS license was dropped from Fallout during development because of a dispute with Steve Jackson Games. The gaming world might have been quite different if SPECIAL had never been developed.

-Kasoroth