Old Black Isle board

kirottu

I am a leaf on the wind, watch me blow away without a trace! D'you even know what the deal with Missie's is? I don't hang out much there anymore, but I would like to get in touch with DM about our erstwhile DnD campaign.

From what I managed to gather, someone may have hacked the database for the Lair. After that happened Mistress just kinda gave up on it for a few reasons. No idea how you would go about contacting DM though. :(

Anybody knows what happened to this guy? I remember finding his posts peculiarly interesting...

He/she/it is now engaged to the poster know as Kate.

Wow. True love blossoms on an internet message board, amidst discussions of rule interpretations, "phat loot" and whatever else you guys talked about back then.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Anybody knows what happened to this guy? I remember finding his posts peculiarly interesting...

He/she/it is now engaged to the poster know as Kate.

Wow. True love blossoms on an internet message board, amidst discussions of rule interpretations, "phat loot" and whatever else you guys talked about back then.

Who'd have thought the queen of femi-nazi's would have gone got herself engaged... :crazy:

Proof of a world gone mad.

Edited by @\NightandtheShape/@

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I bet you guys don't remember me.

I just finished up NWN2.

Man, I've been out of the loop for way too long.

It's been a while. Good to see you and 'Imoen' around.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

Haha, wow, what a thread to come across!

For those posters wondering who the mod was who spacked out on the Interplay boards and started banning people left, right and centre, it was Corith.

Caelis: I remember you, good to see you're doing ok. Hope you're enjoying Italy.

Aram: Last I heard of you, you'd just come out of hospital, how are things with that? Fully recovered, I hope. I'm sure there's something small and furry that needs its head blasting off :bat:

In fact, I've just noticed that Charcoal's turned up, too. I see Gfted's kicking about as well.

Aww, I'm feeling all fuzzy.

Edited by Kroney

Dirty deeds done cheap.

Aram: Last I heard of you, you'd just come out of hospital, how are things with that? Fully recovered, I hope. I'm sure there's something small and furry that needs its head blasting off :bat:

Two years since transplant, a long, rocky road since then, it looks like I may finally be getting back to a normal, healthy, firearm-obsessed life. I'm off steroids completely and down to a smidgeon of cyclosporin, and should be off the meds completely by the end of January. Provided no big disaster happens between now and then (to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me), the whole business should all be behind me.

Two years since transplant, a long, rocky road since then, it looks like I may finally be getting back to a normal, healthy, firearm-obsessed life. I'm off steroids completely and down to a smidgeon of cyclosporin, and should be off the meds completely by the end of January. Provided no big disaster happens between now and then (to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me), the whole business should all be behind me.

What the hell happend?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

In fact, I've just noticed that Charcoal's turned up, too.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it seems I'm not who you think I am.

I've just started using this tag about two and a half yeahs ago, and I never posted on the Black Isle's boards; and even if I did, it would never have been enough to be remembered by.

Having said that, this is not a reason to stop the party!

:sorcerer::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Edited by Charcoal

Aram: Last I heard of you, you'd just come out of hospital, how are things with that? Fully recovered, I hope. I'm sure there's something small and furry that needs its head blasting off :sorcerer:

What the hell happend?

IIRC, it was a bone marrow thing.

Oh hi!

OMG, long time no see! Hope you're doing well.

In fact, I've just noticed that Charcoal's turned up, too.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not who you think I am.

I've just started using this tag about two and a half yeahs ago, and I never posted on the Black Isle's boards; and even if I did, it would never have been enough to be remembered by.

Having said that, this is not a reason to stop the party!

:sorcerer::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

Kooky. Whats the odds of two Australians picking the same nick and visiting the same boards?

Kooky. Whats the odds of two Australians picking the same nick and visiting the same boards?

Not high. This imposter must be stopped.

First time I've heard of another Australian using Charcoal.

I know there's one or two in America that use it, but never another Australian.

Anyway, the reason I use it is because it's my real middle name.

Did the other Charcoal give a reason as to why they used it?

For some odd reason I've managed to subscribe to this thread accidentally, which means that every time one of you cretinous cretins pop out of oblivion my inbox gets more and more stuffed.

On that note, I've just realised that this post further adds to the thread being the first thing to come out of the woodwork when you google 'black isle boards'.

I'll just quietly exit to the left and bid all of you a rather mid-temperature "welcome".

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What the hell happend?

My bone marrow just up and quit one day. To this day, nobody has actually given me a good reason why. I got a transplant from my sister, and then went through about a year and a half GVHD that bounced around from my skin to my mouth to my intestine, and varying levels of high dose steroids. It seems to have finally calmed down. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

What happened to Tiax? He was one of the few people that I converted to the Tormented Brothers (LOL, that just popped into my memory!). The good old days of spreading the holy word.

Oh yeah, and we need Ye Olde Pages back!!! We had some awesome debates there.

Edited by roshan

I was on the old BIS boards but thankfully avoided the hall of shame. When the forums moved to IP, I didn't bother signing up.

I miss the brooding encyclopedia of D&D lore, Tenebrous; Rachel the moderator; and a few others. I know some of them hang out at Sorcerers now, and a few also visit various BG2 modding 'communities', though sometimes under different names.

Edited by Wistrik

What the hell happend?

My bone marrow just up and quit one day. To this day, nobody has actually given me a good reason why. I got a transplant from my sister, and then went through about a year and a half GVHD that bounced around from my skin to my mouth to my intestine, and varying levels of high dose steroids. It seems to have finally calmed down. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Wow, respect where it's due ya tough bugger... Glad to hear you're doing well!

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My only regret from those old boards (the pre-BGII days) was that I think Lanfear was a bit offended by her appearance in BGII. She never contacted me about it, but I had several others mention it... and it's too bad, as I'd intended it only as a tongue-in-cheek tribute. She was always kinda crazy about Coran, after all, and she's one of the main reasons that he was in BGII at all.

Mind you, between BGII and ToB, my experiences from putting forum member tributes into games has taught me only one thing: it's really best not to do that.

Ah, well.

David Gaider

Witer, Bioware corp.

Edited by Rylock