Old Black Isle board

kirottu

Anyone else post on the BG msg. boards that were threaded and oldschool in format? I'm not sure there were even post count counting abilities, but I don't recall. It was so many years ago...I don't even remember what nick I used. heh I remember when they made/moved to "new" boards that was closer to current forum formats, but I never really went there much - I'm kinda assuming the stats are from that "new" forum? :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Same jerk as always.

Don't quite remember it that way :o

Getting into Black Isle's old board and editing some of your old posts to something questionable involving babies.  :mellow: 

I could repost it here but that would get us both banned.

Hm. Let's not, it would probably make me look a little childish :)

That's just outstanding Caelis. Good on you. What's your degree in?

Well, not that outstanding. I always hope people don't ask that question, it always makes things sound a lot less cool. It's history, and after my master I'll still be unemployed no matter what grades I get :D But still, there are more boring things one can study.

:mellow:

Anyone else post on the BG msg. boards that were threaded and oldschool in format? I'm not sure there were even post count counting abilities, but I don't recall. It was so many years ago...I don't even remember what nick I used. heh I remember when they made/moved to "new" boards that was closer to current forum formats, but I never really went there much - I'm kinda assuming the stats are from that "new" forum? :o

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Anyone else post on the BG msg. boards that were threaded and oldschool in format? I'm not sure there were even post count counting abilities, but I don't recall. It was so many years ago...I don't even remember what nick I used. heh I remember when they made/moved to "new" boards that was closer to current forum formats, but I never really went there much - I'm kinda assuming the stats are from that "new" forum? :blink:

I did!! I loved those old boards... Lanfear, Gaider, Gromnir, a host of other old-times. *sigh* Those were the days.

What year was this? I started posting on the BIS boards in the winter of '00 or spring of '01. Never posted too much, as I have a general rule that if someone else has posted something similar to what I was going to say, then there really is no reason for me to repeat the post.

That's just outstanding Caelis. Good on you. What's your degree in?

Well, not that outstanding. I always hope people don't ask that question, it always makes things sound a lot less cool. It's history, and after my master I'll still be unemployed no matter what grades I get :D But still, there are more boring things one can study.

Self-fullfilment is not to be scoffed at; what a dream country to study History, be it Ancient or modern, from before the Roman Republic to the twentieth century!

Congrats. And no, I'm new.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I did!!  I loved those old boards... Lanfear, Gaider, Gromnir, a host of other old-times.  *sigh*  Those were the days.

I remember Lanfear. I wish I could recall the others I talked to a lot - I'm so bad with names tho. Good times, definitely.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Anyone else post on the BG msg. boards that were threaded and oldschool in format? I'm not sure there were even post count counting abilities, but I don't recall. It was so many years ago...I don't even remember what nick I used. heh I remember when they made/moved to "new" boards that was closer to current forum formats, but I never really went there much - I'm kinda assuming the stats are from that "new" forum? :(

I did!! I loved those old boards... Lanfear, Gaider, Gromnir, a host of other old-times. *sigh* Those were the days.

I can't recall, but it was at least 2 years before Baldur's Gate II came out. You can thank the ladies of that particular board for having paper dolls on BGII that weren't half nude. ... Or not. :mellow:

Search me, I just showed up tonight. So how have you been, fellow former Mithril Blade?

Considering we have you Caelis and Aram all show up within the past couple days all with their first post in this thread...

I've been well. Migrating from board to board. Mainly here now since Missy's closed down. Can't remember the last time I actually saw you around. :p

Considering we have you Caelis and Aram all show up within the past couple days all with their first post in this thread...

I've been well. Migrating from board to board. Mainly here now since Missy's closed down. Can't remember the last time I actually saw you around. :p

I am a leaf on the wind, watch me blow away without a trace! D'you even know what the deal with Missie's is? I don't hang out much there anymore, but I would like to get in touch with DM about our erstwhile DnD campaign.

GUNS

Yes!

Awwh, you remembered. That fills me with a warm feeling.

That or its the flu shot kicking in.

Now, design a new game involving firearms so that I can rant at you about them again.

Edited by Aram

I bet you guys don't remember me.

I just finished up NWN2.

Man, I've been out of the loop for way too long.

Good to see you again.

Anybody knows what happened to this guy? I remember finding his posts peculiarly interesting...

He/she/it is now engaged to the poster know as Kate.

EDIT: Oh, and hi Imoen!

Edited by Gfted1