15000 posts

2. Pirotess (11947)

3. The Citybuster (11988)

4. Lord Chaos (10649)

5. Amir ul'mumineen (11032)

6. Melodie the Lady Paladin (10760)

7. Tjol the Wanderer (10349)

8. Rayt (10192)

10000 posts (Super Insanity Death Islander of Doom)

9. Rachel (9088)

10. Azael (8772)

11. a mysterious man (8142)

12. ahab (6677) (First finn :cool: )

7500 posts (Moai-Honored Defender of the Isles)

13. mystique (6880) (Second finn :) )

14. Helgi rau

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Quiet, you crazy old-timer, or I'll take back that rocking-chair and shotgun.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ah, the old days. But they at one time allowed way off topic posts to count (but then took it away). Hence the spammers had huge post counts. LOL! And Xandar was the biggest spammer; he averaged like 100 posts per day. Oddly I never visited the wot forums, or posted on them. I was pretty much a General BIS forum regular, and the game forums like IWD.

I think I was around 1500 before they took away post counts. And I remember the backlash. So many people wanted to keep their post counts. LOL! I could of cared less myself.

But, this definitely shows how active a lot of people were on the old forums.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

That's a lot of units of spam.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Why are so few of these people on the Obsidian forums? With the collapse of Troika, I thought Obsidian were the universally-acknowledged successors to Black Isle. Or are they here under different names? :ph34r:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Why are so few of these people on the Obsidian forums?  With the collapse of Troika, I thought Obsidian were the universally-acknowledged successors to Black Isle.  Or are they here under different names? :ph34r:

Um, well, that was long time ago and stuff happen and because some strange thing most of the oldies can be found at Missy

most of those names are the foundation of mistress lair. in particular, they were almost all big regulars in YOP (Ye Olde Pages) whic was the Way Way Off Topic type board. it got closed due to high levels of lunacy, as i recall, which is really where missy's lair came from.

at that time, i concentrated on mostly game related (BG) topics, but ended up over at missy's until yrkoon finally grated my last nerve off. :*

taks

comrade taks... just because.

most of those names are the foundation of mistress lair.  in particular, they were almost all big regulars in YOP (Ye Olde Pages) whic was the Way Way Off Topic type board.  it got closed due to high levels of lunacy, as i recall, which is really where missy's lair came from.

at that time, i concentrated on mostly game related (BG) topics, but ended up over at missy's until yrkoon finally grated my last nerve off.  :)

taks

Ye Olde Pages was separate from Way Way Off Topic. WWOT was the spam forum and Ye Olde was the politics/history/etc forum. I had something like 2000 posts there I believe. Most came in from the BG2 forums however I had a good number in "Lady Dallandra's Insane Asylum" which she started because she was getting a psych degree or something I think.

The rest of my posts were split between BG2 general discussion and the Mithril Blades threads. >_<"

YoP was a great forum. Of course, some members sent personal hate mail and threatening letters to other members, advocated assassinating the President, and just caused all sorts of mayhem. We have no one like that here and I would probably end up banning them if we did. Sure, folks get a bit angry from time to time. Sometimes emotions run high. ...But there is no concentrated campaign to drive away members. I refuse to name names, but there are members from the BIS boards of whom we are very well rid.

We've got it great here, and I intend to keep it that way. Look to the left and see my badge. Be afraid! :Eldar's angry sheriff look:

On the other hand, I miss Melodie and some of the others. There are some great folks on that list. >_<

What was great about YoP was the more political and philosophical orientation of the topics. WWoT was just that, the really weird, off the wall stuff.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

2. Pirotess (11947)

3. The Citybuster (11988)

Now perhaps I have forgotten my basic numerical skills, in which case excuse me, but does not 11988 trump 11947?

>_<

I should have paid better attention. Orginal(over year old) post had two post counts and I think the one I edited away was bis+iply(+ perhaps missy

YoP was a great forum. 

I rarely ventured there. Philosophical and political debates always seem to me to be like "Your opinion sucks." kind of thingies only better made.

I must say that after Dave Maldonado my favourite member was mystique. I have never seen anyone to be as fierce flamer as mystique was. Though, that

brevity is something we never managed, but at least we avoided the slap happy spamming o' some folks mentioned above.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Sammael, myself, and a few others didn't post a lot, we just posted on important matters ;)

Actually, IIRC, Sammael didn't start posting intensely until about the time IWD2 was announced, pair that with the fact that his net, at the time, was charged per minute so he wouldn't come on for long.

A lot of those life-long spammers would also have easily double their post count, if they hadn't made WoT not add to post count ;)

YoP was a great forum.  Of course, some members sent personal hate mail and threatening letters to other members, advocated assassinating the President, and just caused all sorts of mayhem.  We have no one like that here and I would probably end up banning them if we did.  Sure, folks get a bit angry from time to time.  Sometimes emotions run high.  ...But there is no concentrated campaign to drive away members.  I refuse to name names, but there are members from the BIS boards of whom we are very well rid.

We've got it great here, and I intend to keep it that way.  Look to the left and see my badge.  Be afraid!  :Eldar's angry sheriff look:

On the other hand, I miss Melodie and some of the others.  There are some great folks on that list.  ;)

What was great about YoP was the more political and philosophical orientation of the topics.  WWoT was just that, the really weird, off the wall stuff.

Wot's wrong wit a good ol' assass'nation ev'ry now an' 'gain?

So speaks the kid who goes down to Mexico to build churches and clinics for the needy. pshaw. :D

I notice that Melodie hangs out at Missy's. I hope she's doing well.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!