Carth's gonna get iiiiiit (Oct 4)

Two things to say here with no offense meant to anyone:

1. Pixie, you're pretty brave to criticize this even as a joke (?).

2. Eisu and Aimo: Calm down and just keep posting whatever you want.

Why is it that when someone mentions something bad about these sketches that people get angry?

Personally, l think criticism is really important for an artist. It really helps that people actually say bad things about your stuff. That way, you know you'll want to do better and you'll improve your artwork. You'll know what mistakes you've made so you can fix them next time.

If people are only going to post things like, 'WOW! I LOVE IT! YOU ARE BETTER THAN EVERY SINGLE CARTOONIST IN THE WORLD!!!!1111', then i wouldn't bother posting any pictures for that matter. It's important we look at both sides of the table. In fact, i'll quote Kreia's words: "If you are to truly understand then you will need the contrast, not adherance to a single ideal".

... Just change 'Ideal' for 'Opinion'.

I'll say it again, l don't want people to get angry at me just because l have a different opinion.

Valid points, germi91.

But an artist will always be the harshest critic of his/her own work, most viewers here simply can't offer any professional criticisms to aimo's work as most times the complaints are just things like "Revan is a dude" or "I don't like anime". Needless to say, most people found these type of comments pointless and not in any way helpful for aimo to improve her work.

Now if any one who actually knows a thing or two about drawing can offer some good advice, I am sure aimo would welcome them a lot. The simple facts are that we mere mortals just chose to enjoy whatever work aimo or any artist throws at us and leave the improvement part to the artists themselves.

Valid points, germi91.

But an artist will always be the harshest critic of his/her own work, most viewers here simply can't offer any professional criticisms to aimo's work as most times the complaints are just things like "Revan is a dude" or "I don't like anime". Needless to say, most people found these type of comments pointless and not in any way helpful for aimo to improve her work.

Now if any one who actually knows a thing or two about drawing can offer some good advice, I am sure aimo would welcome them a lot. The simple facts are that we mere mortals just chose to enjoy whatever work aimo or any artist throws at us and leave the improvement part to the artists themselves.

The opinion that really matters more are the regular people, because there are more of them then talented artists. Sure, a talented artist can offer their opinion, but to say that what us non-artists say doesn't really matter is just wrong.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

How bout she started it before everyone compiled it and had 40-over pages of stuff already that it's too much for her to compile all of that and put it in the fan art thread? How bout this is a new thread started by the Mods themselves cos her old thread was 40-over pages already? how bout you try not to be so uptight and enjoy things as it is? How about thinking before posting and how about knowing all the facts before complaining?

How about you stop whininng like $10 whore who's only paid 2 bucks. How about you take some pills for your PMS? Or how about you just don't post during your time of the month? Silly woman. :)

manthing2.jpg

Germi91, with all due respect, my responses in my last post was more calm than some postings I've seen in this whole board. Therefore, I do not appreciate the condescending tone in your reply, especially when you choose to disregard the main point of my response.

Though I welcome criticisms, I would appreciate it more if you could offer the constructive variety. When you say 'the others aren't as well drawn', can you elaborate on why you think that is? Like for me, I can see anatomical mistakes in the Ulic/Exile piece, as Exile's torso is a bit long, making her arms look too short even when folded (will fix 'em while I paint, that's the beauty of being in progress). Only with specifics can I reflect on mistakes that my eyes may have missed.

Criticism, if it is genuinely made in the spirit of providing an artist with the means to improve, has to be constructive. Anyone can give them out, be they a corporate CEO or a sheep farmer, but how is the recipient supposed to act on it if nothing about the weakness or mistake is elaborated, or even suggestions of improvement are given?

Let me re-iterate it again:

When you say "the others aren't as well drawn", what specifically are you referring to?

Is it that their heads are too big for the body?

Are their facial features assymetrical?

Are the body proportions unbalanced?

Is the lighting of the art off?

Is the color scheme chaotic?

And better yet, offer suggestions of improvement. Only then is a critique fulfills a functional purpose.

I'm still a developing artist, and by no means am I perfect in my craft. But if I am to take these criticisms seriously, then let they be made in the spirit of improvement, and not just as a display of rhetoric (or worse, a case of "Just because I CAN").

Sure, a talented artist can offer their opinion, but to say that what us non-artists say doesn't really matter is just wrong.

Reread the highlighted sentence. That's not what I said.

Also Eisu never responded to any criticisms that are actually constructive. I know pixies is only joking, but others who argue that anime is not true art or Revan is a dude is just plain silly. Who cares?

Yes.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Germi91, with all due respect, my responses in my last post was more calm than some postings I've seen in this whole board. Therefore, I do not appreciate the condescending tone in your reply, especially when you choose to disregard the main point of my response.

What a load of drivel. Save us the holier than thou attitude and perhaps learn a thing or two: Germi is right on the money here. You & Eisu are obviously oversensitive and can

manthing2.jpg

What a load of drivel. Save us the holier than thou attitude and perhaps learn a thing or two: Germi is right on the money here. You & Eisu are obviously oversensitive and can’t hack even a hint of criticism. You two seem only interested in sniveling, drooling, squealing & swooning fanbois/gurls who’ll lap up your dysenteric rat’s asses…and dare not complain. If that’s the kind of feedback you want, then look elsewhere.

Learn of accept others have opinions differing from your vaunted own, and if you can’t handle that, then don’t post on a message board.

Ignore Jags, Aimo. He clearly has no clue what he's talking about or hasn't even read the past couple pages clearly. :)

@Jags: If you can't be respectful, then don't post here at all. Eisu and Aimo never responded to a criticism of their artwork, it was to a joke pixies made that they took seriously, simple as that. They did nothing to deserve your pathetic response. Your past couple posts haven't been criticism, they've just been mindless trolling. And BTW, Eisu's a guy. :wub: And Jags, if you have something more to say, send it through PM.

And could we please stop the pointless arguing and just get back to the artwork, before another good thread falls victim to a lock? Thanks.

Edited by Mothman