Atris betraying the Jedi Council?

Well ... on my second play-through I was paying a bit more attention to the dialogue ... and in conversations with the lost jedi masters, they all expressed surprise that Atris was alive though Katarr was destroyed - perhaps they expected her to be there? It made me wonder if this was the setup to get Atris to become Traya ... or if there was something else there ... maybe she found out about the attack? Learned it from the Sith Holocrons, or possibly willingly or unwillingly contributed to it? She likely had known that the Jedi were gathering there ...

What do you think?

There was a thread on this before where the theory was that she could've also deliberately leaked the meeting to expose the Sith, and when they turned out to be very powerful she went to plan B which was you.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Maybe Atris was a little ignorant and when she realize what she did by spreading the council information she just hid. Maybe she didn't want to face the other members council judgement, she didn't want to be exiled so she made others think she died...(I know very big suppositions here :thumbsup: )

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think she intended to betray the council, but I do think she tipped off the Sith.

How could tipping off the Sith not count as betraying the council though?

Did you mean that she challenged the Sith to strike at Jedi council's gathering?

If she did it without the council's consent, that would then be betrayal.

I don't think she intended to betray the council, but I do think she tipped off the Sith.

How could tipping off the Sith not count as betraying the council though?

Did you mean that she challenged the Sith to strike at Jedi council's gathering?

If she did it without the council's consent, that would then be betrayal.

I'm ok with julianw on this :-

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

She was overconfident and wanted to deal with the problems head on. While she acts judgemental towards the Exile for going to war with Revan, deep down she really wishes she had done the same years ago. So when a shadow Sith threat appears, she wants to confront it head-on.

She tipped off the Sith so that she could hope to combat the Sith directly. She didn't realize how stupid the whole thing was because she didn't understand the threat.

She informed the Sith about the meeting on Katarr in order to lure them out...

Yet, since the whole planet was "eaten" instead of attacked conventionally, it didn't really help alot.

So, she just spread information about you through the whole know galaxy (more on this; talk to HK) and see if that would lure the Sith out in a "fightable" way...

Ender and Battlewookiee - That makes sense. I guess the council agreed with her strategy on Katarr then.

Btw, didn't Atris save many of Jedi's teachings and relics from Dantooine before it's destroyed by Malak?

So she started building her secret academy even before Katarr happened? Was she planning on building a whole new order by herself in secret?

Btw, didn't Atris save many of Jedi's teachings and relics from Dantooine before it's destroyed by Malak?

So she started building her secret academy even before Katarr happened? Was she planning on rebuild a whole new order by herself?

That's obviously true that she began to save relics BEFORE Katarr was attacked...good point here

So she started building her secret academy even before Katarr happened? Was she planning on building a whole new order by herself in secret?

Those relics were Sith holocrons. I think she was getting corrupted well before Katarr though she doesn't see it that way.

Those relics were Sith holocrons.  I think she was getting corrupted well before Katarr though she doesn't see it that way.

There were also Jedi relics in the stuff that she saved...Handmaiden talks about it on Telos I think...

Those relics were Sith holocrons.  I think she was getting corrupted well before Katarr though she doesn't see it that way.

I remember the Handmaiden saying that Atris preserved many teachings and relics and only some of them seemed strange.

I think Atris was trying to rebuild the order by studying both the Sith and the Jedi.

Seems to me that she had these secret plans even before Malak attacked Dantooine.

Two options then: Atris is an ignorant thief or a huge traitor :D

Kind of like Denethor with the Palantir, no?

The writers must be reading Lord of the Rings. :-

And here goes the Tolkien fan inspiration :D

Atris has probably the most screwed role in whole star wars universe. Her whole story doesn't make sense and is very idiotic. I understand lack of time but year ago I was under assumption (when glaring at beatiful promo art featuring Atris and Nihilus) that Atris will be the leader of Jedi Underground and will play crucial role in defeating the sith lords. Instead Avellone crafted a weird story that doesn't make any sense: Atris/exile fight seems like old lovers quarrel and there's no clear statement that she fell to the DS. Even Bastila's downfall wasn't that lame (if you could say that Atris has fallen cause whole situation is too clumsy to figure out

what's going on).

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

Thanks Sarjahurmaaja [you know what for] :lol:

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

I've always wondered how Atris planned to deal with the Sith threat, assuming that her plan was successful? Her past actions always seemed a bit cowardly; she isn't the type who meets an attack head-on in person, yet she desperately wanted to be the hero. Did she assume her Echani could handle it? She seems like a smart lady, yet if she didn't have enough Echani, she'd only bring another war to a Republic that she knew very well wasn't ready to handle it. The Jedi couldn't help, and she wanted and expected to see Exile crash and burn. Maybe she hoped all of the Jedi would be wiped out, freeing her to make her 'new order' without getting her hands dirty. But even if the Sith bypassed Telos as not worth the effort, the planet is still totally dependent on the Republic for survival. So either her timing is skewed, or we're missing a piece of the puzzle ... assuming that she wasn't a wacko, and I don't think she was that far gone. She intended to survive, and she is a planner by nature.

BTW, I think Atris may have had some idea what kind of threat it was--she deliberately chose warriors without a grain of force sensitivity, and surrounded herself with them. They were undetectable through the force, as well as not being able to discern her Sith leanings. That action wasn't spur of the moment; it seems to me that she started building her academy close after Dantooine was destroyed, because it seems fairly well established.