Wild Card Thread

Darkside

Ever have something you felt like saying, but you couldn't find any opening to slide into any existing threads and it didn't make for much of a new one? Well here you are. It's sort of like the old "Useless Information Thread" except it's even more open. Kind of like organized spam. Only without the organization.

I started reading "Summer of My German Soldier" today, and someone at Obsidian must have read it too. Its about a Jewish girl whose town in Arkansas is playing home to a prison camp for German POWs during WWII. She gets to know one of the enemy soldiers over time and learns he isn't what you would think. I haven't read much beyond the first page, but from what I gathered in the summary, he sounds sort of familiar. One part goes something like this:

"'I came running out of hiding to- my God, I did, didn't I?' His hand dropped to his side, and I could see he was smiling his wonderful glad-to-be-living smile. 'After almost two years of being as inconspicuous a coward as possible, I had no idea that would voluntarily risk my life for anyone.' He shook his head in disbelief."

His hair is brown with a bit of a wave in the front, and his name is Anton. Why does this sound oddly familiar...? :rolleyes:

sig2.gif

Have you ever dated a German soldier called Anton?

:rolleyes:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey, did I ever tell you guys the Aristacrats joke?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Quit playing games with her heart.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No, you misunderstood me, what I said was stop spreading your hate propaganda Darkside.

I'm a wild card, a lose cannon with nothing to lose, and a hunger for the truth.

Have you ever dated a German soldier called Anton?

:lol:

Think Kotor 2 characters, then get back to me on that one. :lol:

I can't afford a graphics card to play Kotor 2. *sniffles*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hmm... a random thread... I like it Darkside :lol:

Let's see... what to say...

Ok, I'll ask a little advice from you plebs...

I've got naturally jet black hair that I've recently dyed to a plummy colour, but quite frankly I'm getting sick of it looking more red than anything and my roots are starting to show...

What should I do? Should I dye my hair a different colour or my natural hair colour?

DL

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I like black.

Tis my favourite colour\non-colour,whatever...

Hey, I bet it's also the colour of your soul.

Hmm... a random thread... I like it Darkside  :lol:

Let's see... what to say...

Ok, I'll ask a little advice from you plebs...

I've got naturally jet black hair that I've recently dyed to a plummy colour, but quite frankly I'm getting sick of it looking more red than anything and my roots are starting to show...

What should I do? Should I dye my hair a different colour or my natural hair colour?

I like dark hair. I never understood the female pre-occupation with dying / mutilating their hair to make it as different as possible, just to be different from what they were.

I think you should stay dark. Especially with light eyes, it makes an amazing contrast. (Stuff all this nonsense about blondes versus brunettes, eye colour is much more important. What was the question?:lol:)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Maybe you should just leave it how it is. Don't dye it anymore.

Well, I guess asking for advice about hair colour on a nerd forum is a bit less obvious than going around shouting, "GUYS, GIVE ME ATTENTION!!1!" at least. But not much.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yes, go on, crash the censor, that should be good for a laugh. :lol:

Microsoft Word has the stupidest, most basic page-numbering system - I was trying to get page numbers to work on my dissertation, so that the opening part would be i, ii, iii and so on, and then the main body would start from 1, but I couldn't persuade it to do it properly. And that bloody useless paperclip - Hugh Dennis is right, no fate is too awful for the Microsoft Office paperclip!

Thanks, I feel better now.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Maybe you should just leave it how it is.  Don't dye it anymore.

Not even back to black?

DL

P.S. Shut up mkreku

Not even to black. Won't it naturally grow out and be your original colour? I don't know the science behind dying hair.

So a guy walks into a talent agent's office, and says he's got the best act in the world. It's a family show. So the talent agent says, "Well what's the act?" And the guy says:

<<censored by the F.C.C. PM Draken Fett for the whole joke>>

And then the talent agent says, "Well what's the name of th act?

And the man says, "The Aristocrats!"

:lol:

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body