Amerika

User Name

Jesus did give one assurance that someone would be in heaven on the evening of his death.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

+10 points for running through the Patriot Act, Ender. Calax, saying your going to kill someone is a threat or possibly intimidation. I am almost certain this has been illegal since forever.

"You know, Louie, Jimmy is concerned you haven't paid him his money this year. You don't do it, you gonna be sleeping with the fishes."

"You can't extort any money from me."

"Who said anything about extortion? This is freedom of speech I'm exercisin' here!"

Ender, maybe I'm missing something, but speech is an essential component of many illegal acts. Outlawing some types of speech seems to me only sensible. Moreover as we have demonstrated, in at least the UK, and maybe in the States we have banned certain types of free speech, and neither of us are living in dictatorships. I think this proves it is not an all or nothing deal, here.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The highest law in the land says that you are protected.

I think it would likely have to be proved that you had means and motive to carry out extortion in order to prosecute.

Well, the criminal charge of assault is any verbal threat that a person makes, which they can possible carry out. So if a husband screams "Get out of my way, or I'll push you down the stairs!" in the middle of an argument, that is technically (and legally prosecutable as) ASSAULT.

(Battery and Grevous Bodily Harm are actual contact and physical assault, going on up the scale.)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

here's one for the record books, South Africa is supporting terrorists!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050905/ap_on_...error_sanctuary

Not really news, mate. But worrying nonetheless.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.