Episode III: the game

Miltiades

While I haven't played SW: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (I haven't got a PS2 or Xbox), there's something that bothers me. A couple of years ago I played TPM on my PC, and I wasn't really satisfied with this game, as were a lot of other gamers. Now, RotS doesn't do any better. LA has the excellent Jedi Knight serie, the gameplay was pretty good. Why hasn't LA used the gameplay from the Jedi Knight serie in the games of the prequels?

I'm one of the small minority that liked Phantom Menace the game. I don't like the episode three game that much. Only the dueling once in a while.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

While I haven't played SW: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (I haven't got a PS2 or Xbox), there's something that bothers me. A couple of years ago I played TPM on my PC, and I wasn't really satisfied with this game, as were a lot of other gamers. Now, RotS doesn't do any better. LA has the excellent Jedi Knight serie, the gameplay was pretty good. Why hasn't LA used the gameplay from the Jedi Knight serie in the games of the prequels?

What are you talking about? The gameplay of RotS is WAY better than that of the JK series (and I'm a vet of the JO/JA community). Saber duels are handled in a way that resembles the movies much more closely, and the Force is better balanced too. The game's faults are the awful camera and its shortness, but not the gameplay. The game shines in that aspect.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

The camera and the way it was like more of an arcade fighting game got to me. I felt like I had less controll over my character, because most of the time, I would hit the bottons and be thrown into some combo, and I couldn't controll where my character went to.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

And don't forget your four different moves while while you block. I dug the Phantom Menace game more than ROTS. I agree with TPR when he talks about weird controls that don't really respond like they should. And don't get me started about throwing lightsabers in that game... :huh:

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

What are you talking about? The gameplay of RotS is WAY better than that of the JK series (and I'm a vet of the JO/JA community). Saber duels are handled in a way that resembles the movies much more closely, and the Force is better balanced too. The game's faults are the awful camera and its shortness, but not the gameplay. The game shines in that aspect.

I don't know, I haven't played ROTS, but you see it everywhere on the net, bad reviews. Why are the Jedi Knight games so succesful and is ROTS not?

actually Ep3 is still one of the top selling games from all platforms. It scares me, I didn't like the game because all you have to do is block and every so often attack and you would win.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

All that means is that marketing is effective.

Sure, that is scary of and by itself, but that doesn't mean people's choices are so screwed up that they prefer that sort of game to others.

Don't forget it is a console game, and it fits the requirements of a console game pretty well, from what I can tell (haven't and won't play it).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Sure, that is scary of and by itself, but that doesn't mean people's choices are so screwed up that they prefer that sort of game to others.

Strong words from somebody that hasn't played the game.

Again, it's not so bad as critics say. But then again, I stopped paying people to form opinions for me a long time ago, so what do I know. o:)

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I wouldn't call the EP3 game horrible, its just not as great as something you would expect. Kind of like most of the SW games that come out. Anyhoo there was another thread about this a while back.

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=34019

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Heh. JK was basically jump, swing, roll. Rinse and repeat until one of the duelists died. Throw in a few special moves with extremely limited practical usefulness and you get the picture. Also, the lightsaber was completely useless in a full-Force (barring lightsaber throw) or full guns fight.

On the other hand, the Ep3 game features:

• Completely different lightsaber fighting styles for each duelist.
  • LOTS of combos.
  • The ability to use the environment (hurling objects and whatnot).
  • A fully working (yet somewhat limited) parry and counterhit system.
  • Force powers that don't disrupt the lightsaber combat.

That is mechanics-wise. Can't argue the fact that the game is boring, as it's pretty short and the fun part of the game (duel mode) isn't very fun to play against the CPU. The co-op mode sucks as well. Still, the combat mechanics are much better than those of JO/JA.

If instead of making it a rehash of the movie plot they had focused exclusively on dueling, it would have been an outstanding game.

What are you talking about? The gameplay of RotS is WAY better than that of the JK series

The original JK is amongst one of the greastest games i ever played, back when Lucas Arts was a great company, you are bat **** insane to compare some crappy game made after a crappy movie licence against one of the classics of first person shooters.

The original JK is amongst one of the greastest games i ever played, back when Lucas Arts was a great company, you are bat **** insane to compare some crappy game made after a crappy movie licence against one of the classics of first person shooters.

You should learn to read. If per some chance you live in a country where this skill is a luxury, I'm sure there must be some kind of humanitarian aid program to promote adult literacy.

Um, come think if it, if you are posting here you are probably not in one of those countries (which makes it even more bleeding) and you obviously aren't an adult.

I'm going to clear this up for you, but it's the last time. I have never said that the Ep3 game is better than the original JK. I was talking about game mechanics.

You may reply when your balls drop. :rolleyes:

I have never said that the Ep3 game is better than the original JK. I was talking about game mechanics.

You were talking about 'gameplay' and so was Lord Miltiades, to whom you were replying. Why the condescending lecturing about my reading abilities when you can't even remember what you wrote yourself ? <_<

That main offence of course lies in the fact the original Jedi Knight wasn't even mentioned... :rolleyes:

I have never said that the Ep3 game is better than the original JK. I was talking about game mechanics.

You were talking about 'gameplay' and so was Lord Miltiades, to whom you were replying. Why the condescending lecturing about my reading abilities when you can't even remember what you wrote yourself ? <_<

That main offence of course lies in the fact the original Jedi Knight wasn't even mentioned... :devil:

How about...

DrEvilport.jpg

"NO."

--

You really do need to learn to read. It's not that hard, and plus I have faith in you Opus - you can do it if you try!

Numbers clearly was talking about game mechanics, and not randomly stating which game is teh r0x0rz liek yuo d1d n00b! In fact he outlined few of the game's faults as well:

--

Also, you were you one who initiated the "condescending lecturing" with your "bat **** insane" insinuation.

You may respond when you pass basic literacy or when your balls drop. Whichever comes first. =]

manthing2.jpg

Does someone have ROTS game movies in avi or mpeg format? I'd like to see some scenes like Serra's death or Cin Drallig's end...

HERMOCRATES:

Nur Ab Sal was one such king. He it was, say the wise men of Egypt, who first put men in the colossus, making many freaks

of nature at times when the celestial spheres were well aligned.

SOCRATES:

This I doubt. We are hearing a child's tale.

?

Ah, basic illiteracy. How quaint. ^_^

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds