Smoking

metadigital

Singaporeans are groovy.

I don't think it will die out, and frankly I think there are better things to worry about. And I say that as a non-smoking paranoid.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

...Singapore...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think the ashtray is quite clever. I don't know how effective it is. I'd be just as happy to see smoking go away completely, but I don't see it happening soon.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

...Because it's not as if people will do something esle that is bad for them when smoking goes away, and we will all live for ever in brotherly harmony?

I'd be in favour of devoting all smoking taxes to the space race. We have to get off this doomed rock, people.

-Elwood Blues

People should let smokers alone. Smoking isn't as bad as people claim, and you can tell this is true by the complete baloney of the mythical myth of '2nd hand smoke being more deadly than 1st hand smoke'.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

All this ludicrous anti smoking talk makes me WANT to TAKE UP smoking just in spite.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Smoking will not die out, nor should it. And snuff didn't die out, either. I know plenty of guys who like a pinch, and it's also useful for keeping yourself awake. Just a little dab under each eyelid.

You can moan about smoking all you want, but believe me, there are worse things out there for you. I'd rather light up a cigarette than take a bite out of McDonald's food.

The only thing I dislike about smoking is that smoking in public is perfectly legal (or it was, in the case of some places), but you can be arrested for engaging in public bukkake. The hypocrisy of it all! :-

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

If your goal is for the smoking to kill me, NumbersU, you do realzie it takes decades for it to do that. I start today, and I'll die from lung cancer when I'm 70 (if I'm unlucky). I'm not too worried about that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

If your goal is for the smoking to kill me, NumbersU, you do realzie it takes decades for it to do that. I start today, and I'll die from lung cancer when I'm 70 (if I'm unlucky). I'm not too worried about  that.

Not really. I was simply amused at your apparent threatening us with doing something stupid for a stupid reason. You go, Volo.

Categorically untrue.

Do a Google search for "smoking and impotence" and watch the results. While I'm not a physician, I have a feeling that if it was "categorically untrue", it wouldn't be so widespread a notion. Yes, yes. I know that flat Earth was a widespread notion too, but the scientific method was applied for this one. :-

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Categorically untrue.

Do a Google search for "smoking and impotence" and watch the results. While I'm not a physician, I have a feeling that if it was "categorically untrue", it wouldn't be so widespread a notion. Yes, yes. I know that flat Earth was a widespread notion too, but the scientific method was applied for this one. :-

Seems to be about the same for 'alcohol' and 'stress,' too, and I don't think anybody'd argue that either of those cause widespread impotence. It's a niche thing, an occasional cause. Big deal.

On the other hand, I can only speak from personal experience, and I'd say smoking has actually enhanced my sex life, just like it enhances good dinners or fine wines.

Seems to be about the same for 'alcohol' and 'stress,' too, and I don't think anybody'd argue that either of those cause widespread impotence.  It's a niche thing, an occasional cause.  Big deal. 

On the other hand, I can only speak from personal experience, and I'd say smoking has actually enhanced my sex life, just like it enhances good dinners or fine wines.

That's a different issue altogether. I'm not going to debate the anti-tobacco lobbies blowing it out of proportion, as that is obvious. AFAIK, stress is much worse for your sex life than tobacco.

Alcohol is known to be actually good for sex in small to moderate amounts, and devastating in large amounts (too much booze and you won't be able to, even if you want). But alcohol it isn't the target of a "holier-than-thou" social crusade, so that's beside the point.

However, the original statement was "Smoking is bad for your sex life", which holds true. Nicotin is a vasoconstrictor, which if combined with other vasoconstrictors, stress or other unfavorable circumstances can result in erectile dysfunction. Granted, tobacco will hardly make you impotent by itself, but it's bad anyway.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Seems to be about the same for 'alcohol' and 'stress,' too, and I don't think anybody'd argue that either of those cause widespread impotence.  It's a niche thing, an occasional cause.  Big deal. 

That's a different issue altogether. I'm not going to debate the anti-tobacco lobbies blowing it out of proportion, as that is obvious. AFAIK, stress is much worse for your sex life than tobacco.

Alcohol is known to be actually good for sex in small to moderate amounts, and devastating in large amounts (too much booze and you won't be able to, even if you want). But alcohol it isn't the target of a "holier-than-thou" social crusade, so that's beside the point.

However, the original statement was "Smoking is bad for your sex life", which holds true. Nicotin is a vasoconstrictor, which if combined with other vasoconstrictors, stress or other unfavorable circumstances can result in erectile dysfunction. Granted, tobacco will hardly make you impotent by itself, but it's bad anyway.

So why not make it, "Smoking, combined with some or all of numerous other factors, can be bad for your sex life,"? That seems more accurate to me than a blanket statement.