Fallout

Sereyna

Ok, so I've finally decided to get me both the Fallouts, due in no small part of the praise it gets here on these boards.  The only thing that was holding me back was the fact that they are turn-based, which I wasn't really happy about.  But then I remembered the old Might & Magic (4 ?  5?  something like that ) game that got me started in role-playing games so I've decided that Im going to try them.  My problem now :  I cant find these games anywhere!!  Not at Best Buy, WalMart, or anywhere else in my area.  I dont have an Ebay account, but this might be the only way.  Suggestions?

Good choice. The Fallout games are one of the best games ever made.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

For the record, I have never made any game run in compatibility mode. Could be my illusrious cogitator doesn't enjoy it. I upped and bought an old PC and run win95 on it for my old games. You will find this is by far the best option. Most techies will trade a PC for a bottle of fine bourbon.*

A bottle of very good bourbon should set you back about 30 quid.

*Note: This kind of thinking directly related to playing so many CRPGs.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Don't forget to disable all your services, or you'll have "black-outs" in XP!

Actually, I have a problem with this. What is the fix?

1) Start-->Run:

jagpart1.jpg

---

2) Type "msconfig" (without the quotes):

jagpart2.jpg

---

3) Go to the "services" tab, and disable all:

jagpart3.jpg

---

4) Go to the "startup" tab and disable all:

jagpart4.jpg

--

5) When prompted, restart;

6) Upon restart, ignore request to reboot under non selected startup conditions and cancel.

7) Play Fallout blackout free and problem free! :cool:

>_< Keep playing FO...

9) When finished, go back to msconfig using the aformentioned method;

10) Choose "normal startup" and re-boot.

jagpart5.jpg

-courtesy of your friendly neighborhodd jaggy.

manthing2.jpg

Or find and bribe a techie. They get whisky. You don't have to waste ages clicking boxes.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest Fishboot

I don't have any "blackout" or CTD problems when I run the Fallouts. Actually, I guess I do when I alt-tab to read a website or something, but when I come back all I have to do is force Fallout to redraw the screen - the easiest way is to go to the character info screen and then back.

I don't have any "blackout" or CTD problems when I run the Fallouts. Actually, I guess I do when I alt-tab to read a website or something, but when I come back all I have to do is force Fallout to redraw the screen - the easiest way is to go to the character info screen and then back.

Follow the above method and you can alt-tab all you want, and you won't have to worry about re-drawing the screen. o:)

manthing2.jpg

I'm young, so forgive me...

I, I never got the chance to play Fallout! :'(

Age is no excuse, some things are unforgivable!

Anoint yourself in virgin oil (young virgins preferably, the older ones have a bitter after taste) and sacrifice a black male hen (correct term for that animal gets eaten by censorship here) and invoke the name of Jobuu. He might forgive you, a Fallout fan wont :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

actually I was able to snag it (through questionable means) and play it, the only problem is I'm not what you would call a compulsive saver so when ever i die I have to start all over again...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Jesus saves! Everyone else roll for damage....

Sorry, that always cracks me up. :D

-Elwood Blues

Last time I explored pretty far before the bloody thing froze.... It hasn't frozen before I just died usually... Anyone got any good chars?

Are you saying that your copy is stolened?!!

Shame on you sir, a copy of Fallout 1&2 only sets you back about $10 off of Amazon.

and if I can't even get that together??

anyway I'm off to try to get a game going without it either being black and not being able to do anything, or dying before saving...

and technically the term is borrowed, I have a friend who's in the army and loaned it to me until he gets back in 2 years