Fallout

Sereyna

Ok, so I've finally decided to get me both the Fallouts, due in no small part of the praise it gets here on these boards. The only thing that was holding me back was the fact that they are turn-based, which I wasn't really happy about. But then I remembered the old Might & Magic (4 ? 5? something like that ) game that got me started in role-playing games so I've decided that Im going to try them. My problem now : I cant find these games anywhere!! Not at Best Buy, WalMart, or anywhere else in my area. I dont have an Ebay account, but this might be the only way. Suggestions?

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

Though I love the Fallout games (1 and 2), I do think it's appropriate to make people aware of their age. There is very little spoken dialogue and lots of text to read, and all the graphics are 2D. By today's standard, that would make most people reconsider.

However, if you have no problem with that, then they are highly recommended. Personally I find Fallout 2 to be slightly better, but you'll definitely want to play Fallout 1 first, if you want the full experience, as there are many references to it in the sequel.

Interesting trivia: Fallout 1 is also a sequel of sorts to the old Wastelands CRPG. I do not recommend playing that first, though. I never did, and I never felt it limited my enjoyment of Fallout in any way, even though there are people who have argued about points in the games that refer back to it. And Wastelands is old to say the least - we're talking ancient CRPG history all the way back to the roots with the original Bard's Tale games and so, all back to the 80s!

Just wanted to agree that you should play Fallout 1 first.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Thirrr-ded!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest Fishboot

I have a fully functional installation of Fallout (both of them, actually) on my Win 2K machine, but I've had them installed for ages and I can't remember how I got them working exactly. Lemme go check NMA...

Here's the fix

Yay NMA!

Fallout sucks. Pick up ToEE instead. Yes, yes- I'm totally serious right no... well, ok. Maybe not.

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

Fallout is one of those rare old games with replay value. Nothing is more exciting than going around and killing the townies with your mini gun.

If you don't mind the "childkiller" status "... you evil, evil person!" :)

Or was that cut? I seem to recall that lots of this stuff was cut in some countries due to fear of a media scare. Silly people...

Fallout is one of those rare old games with replay value. Nothing is more exciting than going around and killing the townies with your mini gun.

If you don't mind the "childkiller" status "... you evil, evil person!" :)

Or was that cut? I seem to recall that lots of this stuff was cut in some countries due to fear of a media scare. Silly people...

No I would do a save before going ballistic on everyone that restart the game after I did all of my mayhem. I wouldn't want a nasty title like that for the rest of the game.