Bao-Dur and Robes.

Why isn't Bao -Dur not able to wear many armor/robes?

In short it's due to his rather peculiar arm. The bad thing of it is that the reason isn't plot defined but because the devs couldn't make his arm work right with a robe, and so he was banned from ever using one.

Yes, that does officially suck...

Still, if you want to turn him into a jedi and have unrestricted use of force powers, I recommend that you hang onto the miner suit you found very early in the game on Peragus - it is the only piece of protective clothing in the game that Bao-Dur can use and still use any force power. It's bad - only 2 points of defense - but it's better than nothing, and it does at least allow armor upgrades.

Actually, there is cut dialoge that suggests that if you take certain armor to Bao-Dur then he can modify it so it suits him but only him. So, that would be interesting to have that put back in. The only problem is modyfying every single armor (and mod armor) so that its good for him.

Still, if you want to turn him into a jedi and have unrestricted use of force powers, I recommend that you hang onto the miner suit you found very early in the game on Peragus - it is the only piece of protective clothing in the game that Bao-Dur can use and still use any force power. It's bad - only 2 points of defense - but it's better than nothing, and it does at least allow armor upgrades.

it's only 1 point of defence actually....

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

it's only 1 point of defence actually....

Sorry - my bad :">

Actually, there is cut dialoge that suggests that if you take certain armor to Bao-Dur then he can modify it so it suits him but only him. So, that would be interesting to have that put back in. The only problem is modyfying every single armor (and mod armor) so that its good for him.

I think the whole feature was cut, not just the dialog

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Good old miners uniform. :thumbsup:

I usually use Bao-Dur as a range fighter if he isn't a Jedi that way he won't suffer too many hits.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

The miner's uniform is horrid though. I'd much rather give Bao-Dur something with a higher defense bonus than have him using Force powers. Besides, he's a Jedi Guardian... just increase his strength attribute and enhance his lightsaber with the best possible upgrades, and you won't need Force powers. :shifty:

Since I usually do Onderon last (Onderon, Korriban, Onderon) and I change everyone to Jedi's, I pick the three best Jedi (in terms of vitality and Force Power) and I send them on the mission. The last time I played I used Bao-Dur (highest vitality and force Power), Handmaiden ( 2nd highest vitality) and Visas ( 2nd highest force power) and since they all had force powers and high vitality, I finished that mission in about half an hour

That is really cool. Is thier a mod to get it?

• 2 weeks later...

Another alternative is to give him a Mandalorian suit with an item in it that offers 1/5 reduction in energy blasts or with regeneration rate of 3.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

I love Mandalorian armor

Statemeant: you cannot stop me you cannot harm me, in order to do that I would need to stop being one of you; I have concluded that this is something I am willing to accept!

In short you have just shown me your soft meatbag-like underbellies and said